2016-2017 University of Virginia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre-II today. Complete mid-August. OOS.

Members don't see this ad.

ACCEPTED THIS MORNING.
I really love this school. It wasn't necessarily on the top of my list until I visited and I was so impressed by the faculty the students the campus...just everything.
I'm so happy!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED THIS MORNING.
I really love this school. It wasn't necessarily on the top of my list until I visited and I was so impressed by the faculty the students the campus...just everything.
I'm so happy!
Right?? This school was completely off my radar since I applied then the II hit me out of nowhere and the interview day, school and program was excellent. It would definitely be hard to find a nicer place than UVA to spend 4 years.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED THIS MORNING.
I'm so happy!
Charlottesville is one of the best places in the world.

Last edited:
For people who interviewed this week, anyone heard back yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats, wow a one day turnaround.

Yea I think anyone with a Thursday interview will have that. Seems they interview Monday through Thursday and then make all the decisions for everyone they saw that week on Friday morning .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does your app status on the portal ever change beyond the "app complete" point? TIA

Members don't see this ad :)
When did classes start again? Can't find info on the website.

I'm guessing August 9, at the interview day a student said orientation is a 4 day event in the first week of August (R/F/M/T) and classes start the next day. The last two years' academic calendar seem to follow this trend.

When did classes start again? Can't find info on the website.
More likely to be Thursday, August 3rd based upon prior schedules. You should contact the Office of Admissions for confirmation if you really need to know.

Does anyone know if UVA interviews mainly in state residents early in the cycle and OOS applicants later in the cycle?

Accepted today! Interviewed on Wednesday! So thankful!! Good luck to all who applied.

Reactions: 4 users
I was interviewed fairly early in the cycle as OOS, and most of the people in my interview group were as well.

I love the quote under your avatar/username. My favorite from that play though is the "There is a tide in the affairs of men..." speech by Brutus.

Hey all, I'm a rising M4 at UVA and am happy to answer any questions about our program as well as life in Charlottesville if anyone has any! Congratulations to those who've been accepted

complete in August, LM > 70 OOS

Hey all, I'm a rising M4 at UVA and am happy to answer any questions about our program as well as life in Charlottesville if anyone has any! Congratulations to those who've been accepted

Thanks for offering this! 2 questions. Do you still like UVA, even after over 3 years there? Also, is there a site for finding housemates that students use?

Congrats everyone. Getting passed up really hurts, hah.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for offering this! 2 questions. Do you still like UVA, even after over 3 years there? Also, is there a site for finding housemates that students use?

I sure do! The first 1.5 years' flexibility spoiled me and allowed me to keep up with old friends/hobbies and consistently hang with my classmates. I look back fondly on that during the drudgery of third year, which sucks everywhere but at least UVA attracts nice residents/faculty who try to make core rotations as painless as possible. At present, I'm looking forward to the extra months of elective time and vacation during fourth year. Plenty of TV shows to catch up on.

And usually people find roommates through the Facebook group that you will undoubtedly stumble upon/get invited to for your class.

Last edited:
Placed on the wait list today.

Accepted! First acceptance -- didn't think it would ever happen. This is my second cycle (although first time applying to UVA). Interviewed on Monday. LizzyM 77-79.

Accepted today as well! Couldn't be happier; UVA seems like a wonderful school.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are still sending out II? Tired of waiting and watching spots fill up:(