2017-2018 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Technically residency is “graduate medical education” so I guess we are considered undergraduates. It’s just a technicality though nobody really cares
Thanks! I was honestly just curious. I remember it took me some time to find information on the program when I initially looked at their website ages ago lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application. Good luck to everyone still awaiting an II!

Reactions: 2 users
So how likely is it to get accepted with the under consideration status? Is there a lot of movement around traffic day in April?

Hi there! I'm one of the BS/MD students that will be entering AMC this fall. We have a facebook group going for matriculating students called "Albany Med '22!" so feel free to join that if you decide to come to AMC. We can help with housing, what's fun to do in Albany, etc. Good luck to everyone on the interview trail!

Reactions: 4 users
Super worried about the snow storm coming midweek for Friday's interview...

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn’t worry about a storm midweek affecting the Friday interview, it should be okay! lol

Anyone know when/how we start finding roommates/housing for next year at Albany?

Thanks in advance!

Just got under consideration status. Interviewed 2/13.

Members don't see this ad :)
After being being complete for 6+ months, I went from "in queue to be reviewed" to "under review" yesterday. :/ They must have gotten a slew of applications.

After being being complete for 6+ months, I went from "in queue to be reviewed" to "under review" yesterday. :/ They must have gotten a slew of applications.
Mine still just says "complete and ready for review"

Sorry if anyone has already asked this but does Albany have a second look weekend? I cant find anything about it on the portal

Edit: JK just got the email

Last edited:
Sorry if anyone has already asked this but does Albany have a second look weekend? I cant find anything about it on the portal
Yes, I was invited to one on April 9. Not sure if there are any other days though.

accepted yesterday, interviewed 2/13. my FIRST acceptance. so stoked

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted today!! Interviewed 2/9. My first acceptance, I almost cried lol

Reactions: 3 users
anybody have trouble finding how to accept the acceptance? I log onto my portal and it still just has the regular tabs of supplemental application, interview and response form, and application status (which only talks about letters received and that sort of thing). I call and email admissions office with no reply. Wondering if I got an accidental acceptance email hahaha

To Albany accepted peeps: If you are interested in filling out a room-mate survey PM me.

This might be a super dumb question, but does anyone know if they accept updates? I know it's pre-ranked but I think gap year stuff was communicated since my interview was so early in the cycle. UGH I'm swinging all in for Albany pleaseeeee pullllll through.

They do not unfortunately

Does anyone know if they’re still taking in students from UC, or if they’re going to wait until the June or July for that alternate list?

Does anyone know if they’re still taking in students from UC, or if they’re going to wait until the June or July for that alternate list?

Last year they took some from UC in March, but it seems like the majority came late April/May before starting waitlist activity in June

Im confused. If you're under UC isnt that the alternate list? If they're different, don't they exhaust UC before waitlist?
From my understanding, the UC becomes the waitlist after a certain point in time maybe sometime in April.

According to last year's thread, a certain number of applicants still on the UC list were invited to join the alternate list around the end of May. Before that, a decent amount of people on the UC list received acceptances, however, some who had not were not invited to join the alternate list.

Does anyone know what the school’s policy is on how late we can reschedule an interview? I will be driving down from NH for a Wednesday interview and am concerned about this snow storm...it seems like it’s going to be a big one

Does anyone know what the school’s policy is on how late we can reschedule an interview? I will be driving down from NH for a Wednesday interview and am concerned about this snow storm...it seems like it’s going to be a big one

I would assume that they would try to be accommodating for weather-related incidents. I'm also interviewing on Wednesday and am concerned about air travel. Coming in on Tuesday, so fingers crossed...

I interviewed last week when there had been a lot of flight cancelations & this is the email I got from them. Idk if that applies for interview dates coming forward but if you're not going to make it I'd call them ASAP.

"Good Morning,

As I have received a lot of calls and questions, I wanted to reach out to let everyone know that we will still be holding interviews this Friday, 3/9 at 8 AM. Albany is supposed to get the worst of the snow today and should hopefully clear up by Friday. If you are unable to make the interview, please let us know as soon as possible.

If you wish to re-schedule, we only have 1 date remaining that is currently available and subject to fill. It would be Tuesday, April 3rd at 8 AM. This is our last interview day of the season. Spots will fill up quickly, so please let me know if you would like this date and I can see what I can do.

Best,"

I interviewed last week when there had been a lot of flight cancelations & this is the email I got from them. Idk if that applies for interview dates coming forward but if you're not going to make it I'd call them ASAP.

"Good Morning,

As I have received a lot of calls and questions, I wanted to reach out to let everyone know that we will still be holding interviews this Friday, 3/9 at 8 AM. Albany is supposed to get the worst of the snow today and should hopefully clear up by Friday. If you are unable to make the interview, please let us know as soon as possible.

If you wish to re-schedule, we only have 1 date remaining that is currently available and subject to fill. It would be Tuesday, April 3rd at 8 AM. This is our last interview day of the season. Spots will fill up quickly, so please let me know if you would like this date and I can see what I can do.

Best,"

That's a reasonable response. Thanks for sharing. Last week they got like 2 feet of snow or something, right? They're projecting 1-3 inches for Tuesday, so I'm hoping that my morning flight will be okay. It seems like there's a snow storm every time I try to fly out to the northeast, haha. I almost got stuck coming back from Penn State last month.

So with a scheduled interview on Wednesday, I had made my travel for arrival on Tuesday and departure on Wednesday evening. If any of you have been following the weather, that's exactly when this latest snow storm is supposed to hit.

United then sent out an alert saying that there is a travel advisory for these two days due to the snow, and they advised rescheduling the flights. The snow didn't look that bad, but I figure airlines know better than I do. Anyway, I've made the difficult decision to cancel my interview and not reschedule. It's unfortunate that it's last-minute, but weather is as weather does. I'll be calling Albany tomorrow to confirm.

I sincerely hope that this sudden opening will allow somebody local to safely attend the interview and then gain an acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
Has any accepted students received an acceptance package that we were supposed to get? Also does anyone know when financial aid info should be coming out?

So with a scheduled interview on Wednesday, I had made my travel for arrival on Tuesday and departure on Wednesday evening. If any of you have been following the weather, that's exactly when this latest snow storm is supposed to hit.

United then sent out an alert saying that there is a travel advisory for these two days due to the snow, and they advised rescheduling the flights. The snow didn't look that bad, but I figure airlines know better than I do. Anyway, I've made the difficult decision to cancel my interview and not reschedule. It's unfortunate that it's last-minute, but weather is as weather does. I'll be calling Albany tomorrow to confirm.

I sincerely hope that this sudden opening will allow somebody local to safely attend the interview and then gain an acceptance.

+1. Was originally driving from Boston, but seeing as how we are getting over a foot of snow on Tuesday, I will probably have to cancel my interview.

"Good Morning,

Best,"
I just called and rescheduled my date to 4/3, it seems like there are still some spots available that day, so deff consider rescheduling before canceling!

Has any accepted students received an acceptance package that we were supposed to get? Also does anyone know when financial aid info should be coming out?
I asked if there was a deadline for the financial aid packet, and they said asap so that they could have an offer out by April 15th, just enough time before the multiple acceptance deadline of April 30th.

I.I today. Gonna turn it down bc Im sitting on 3 acceptances and Im studying abroad so I cant be bothered to fly home. Hope it goes to one of you guys!
The cycle isnt over for Albany so keep the faith!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not heard anything from here? Like no interview/no rejection

Reactions: 6 users