2017-2018 California University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So is the class full? Still in limbo, haven't heard anything back yet but status still says "screening."

Im curious if from the people under consideration the school has chosen who to extend acceptances to, but haven't formally sent them out yet? I know a good amount of people that have yet to hear anything after their interview at this school!

Members don't see this ad.

Orrrr it was their way of telling me that I have no chance to get off their WL, and better luck next year and y’all will hear better news later lol

They repeatedly ensured you in the email that you were still under consideration for the class of 2022 so I doubt that.

Reactions: 1 user
Im curious if from the people under consideration the school has chosen who to extend acceptances to, but haven't formally sent them out yet? I know a good amount of people that have yet to hear anything after their interview at this school!

They'll probably send more batches of decisions out tomorrow and next week so everyone will know where they stand...

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll probably send more batches of decisions out tomorrow and next week so everyone will know where they stand...
In the wait list letter, the class is currently full, we're assuming it was filled today, and people weren't notified yet?

In the wait list letter, the class is currently full, we're assuming it was filled today, and people weren't notified yet?

If you read above acceptances were released today as noted by gyngyn, but those people just aren't posting. Maybe the rest of the acceptances for filling their class will come out in another batch tomorrow.

Just to add to the SDN datapoints, I interviewed in late April and was waitlisted less than a week after my interview. I have not received the MBS acceptance email. Hope I was not THAT bad of an applicant...(Although I personally would not accept that offer due to other reasons).

I got the MBS email and now says alternate list from wait list last week email.
Its better get ready our armors ready for next cycle.

theres 2 new people on the fb group so I think acceptances already went out

The facebook group isn't even accurate anymore if they claim their class is full.

Last edited:
It was never accurate. It was just to give a sense of about how many seats were taken. Not everyone is on sdn and knows about the group.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I called.

They said they are still deciding how to rank everyone on the waitlist and we will find out next week where we stand

Reactions: 2 users
@lolahola Did you ask why some received the MBS and others on the WL didn't? I guess we will find out next week who actually has a shot and who doesn't

@lolahola Did you ask why some received the MBS and others on the WL didn't? I guess we will find out next week who actually has a shot and who doesn't

No I didn't ask sorry :( I really don't think the MBS email means anything since it was addressed to "Dear MD applicant"

I called.

They said they are still deciding how to rank everyone on the waitlist and we will find out next week where we stand

Did you happen to find out if all acceptance offers have been extended?

Did you happen to find out if all acceptance offers have been extended?

Man, I completely blanked when I called and forgot :/ You can try calling they didn't ask me for my name or anything

Does anyone happened to know Dean Suskind or Dr GnanaDev's email? I couldn't find their contacts in the folder we received during our interviews, besides the contacts for pre-clinical faculty that was provided.

Does anyone happened to know Dean Suskind or Dr GnanaDev's email? I couldn't find their contacts in the folder we received during our interviews, besides the contacts for pre-clinical faculty that was provided.

I looked and couldn't find them for you, however, the email addresses seem to follow the same format for everyone. That being, their last name followed by the first initial of their first name and then @calmedu.org

For example, Dr. Mohsin Yakub's email is: [email protected]

This format has held true for each person I've seen so far. So maybe give that a shot?

Anyone know if this school has an in-state bias?

They claim to have an in-state bias, yes. As to how much of one they have, I'm not sure. I know there are at least a few out of state people attending the first class though.

emailed and they told me that the acceptances were full and they were still in the process of making the waitlist, so idk what that means but I think its over for my app

emailed and they told me that the acceptances were full and they were still in the process of making the waitlist, so idk what that means but I think its over for my app

Brace for a rejection wave since they probably aren't keeping 200+ people on the waitlist.

I forget - have they sent you any response at all since your interview?

Brace for a rejection wave since they probably aren't keeping 200+ people on the waitlist.
I wonder what "making the waitlist now" means for people who have already been told they're on the waiting list - think they are going to shrink it from what it is now? Seems like it's pretty large already...

Just received the new alternate list/MBS email.

Reactions: 2 users

Do you think “acceptances are full” means they sent all them out already or they already have a list?

+3 on the WL. Is everyone on the WL receiving the background check requests? Is there a fee for accepting that?

Weird, because I got the WL email and the MBS offer and then a background request a couple hours later. Anyone else have that experience?

Weird, because I got the WL email and the MBS offer and then a background request a couple hours later. Anyone else have that experience?

No that’s for accepted students, yes there is a fee

I think it means you’re accepted off the waitlist! Congrats, when did you interview?

According to faculty/adcom members I've seen on this site, background checks are given to WL applicants too. A WL notice is considered a final decision (you are tentatively accepted given other people drop out) and therefore since you are not rejected, you are still requested of to complete a background check. I wouldn't read too much into it, unfortunately.

That’s good to know, thanks. Given how disorganized they seem to be I wasn’t really getting my hopes up.

I interviewed on 5/14 and received the WL email on 5/29.

EDIT: I emailed the admissions team and apparently I was accepted after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else who interviewed 5/11 or earlier not received any emails at all since interviewing?

That’s good to know, thanks. Given how disorganized they seem to be I wasn’t really getting my hopes up.

I interviewed on 5/14 and received the WL email on 5/29.

EDIT: I emailed the admissions team and apparently I was accepted after all.

I think the background check email is the golden ticket. Also if you notice when they send the waitlist email they CC 4 other people in the admissions department... so there seems to be a communication issue between people who are responsible for sending different decisions.

I think the background check email is the golden ticket. Also if you notice when they send the waitlist email they CC 4 other people in the admissions department... so there seems to be a communication issue between people who are responsible for sending different decisions.

Seems like they're still sending out acceptances then?

Seems like they're still sending out acceptances then?
Seems like that guy was pulled off the top of the waitlist.

Considering traffic rules state that schools must report to the AAMC all admission decisions within 24 hours of decision, it doesn't make any sense for schools to also not notify students ASAP. He was probs taken off the waitlist rather than the committee deciding to accept him like last week and accepting him just now.

Edit: Guess I was wrong.

Dr. Eveland responded and said I was never waitlisted so I wouldn’t give up hope.

I received the "under consideration", waitlist, and alternate list/MBS email so I'm 100% sure I'm actually waitlisted. This is good news if you are still under consideration/haven't heard back yet because they probably haven't moved to evaluating waitlist people yet.