2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who's on the alternate list, make sure to go read the status message in your portal. They give some useful info about # of people accepted off the list & when movement usually occurs.
 
Hi, I'm currently preparing for an interview from CCLCM. I'm a bit confused about how to choose and name a mentor in the interviews. I'm assuming that they'll ask me about who I want to work with, and I want to continue doing clinical research, mostly, but I wasn't sure if the program was more basic science oriented.
Also, are we free to name any faculty in either Case Western or Cleveland Clinic?
Thanks!

Where did you see this as a requirement?? I have an interview scheduled as well but never saw that requirement.
 
Last edited:
How long after a decision from the College Program did a decision from the University Program arrive? Anyone not receive them at the same time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got my first interview here on Monday! Submitted mid-July if anyone is interested, and my LizzyM score is around 72.

I was thinking about staying with a student host, but I'm hoping somebody could tell me about their experience before I decide.
I haven't stayed with a host at Case Western, but so far I've loved every host experience I've had -- it's a nice inside peek at life at each university, and I think it's helped me answer the "why this school" question the next day. However, if you don't sleep easily, I *have* had some pretty uncomfortable/noisy/cramped experiences, so it's something to consider.
 
I haven't stayed with a host at Case Western, but so far I've loved every host experience I've had -- it's a nice inside peek at life at each university, and I think it's helped me answer the "why this school" question the next day. However, if you don't sleep easily, I *have* had some pretty uncomfortable/noisy/cramped experiences, so it's something to consider.

Do you normally crash on the couch? And do they let you shower there the next morning pre-interview?
 
Do you normally crash on the couch? And do they let you shower there the next morning pre-interview?
The sleeping accommodations have varied from place-to-place, so I've had couches, air mattresses, futons, floor mattresses, etc. They've all been perfectly adequate -- the hosts wouldn't volunteer if they had nowhere acceptable to put you -- just not as comfortable as a real bed 😀 Every host has also offered their shower but requested I bring my own towel, which just makes sense. It's always been chill.

Shout-out to all the gracious hosts for making the process infinitely less expensive than it could've been, I love you all. 😍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews to both tracks this morning! complete in July. Earliest dates were December for university and January for college
I also got an interview for both, were you able to get consecutive dates (or at least Mon then Friday) or have to visit two separate times? I would have to travel far and would prefer not to make two trips... Was planning on e-mailing them to ask...
 
Last edited:
I also got an interview for both, were you able to get the same date or have to visit two separate times? I would have to travel far and would prefer not to make two trips... Was planning on e-mailing them to ask...
No I'm just going twice :/ I was one of the people who had the portal glitch so I couldn't schedule for a week or 2 after invited for the interview, and after waiting I just wanted to schedule it. I also didn't want to wait until January for my university interview since they're rolling
 
For those that are "on hold" for an interview, what are the chances of actually getting an interview later on?


I don't get how they were able to release their first batch of acceptances without having reviewed apps that had been completed since in July..... Hmmm...just saying..
 
Last edited:
I also got an interview for both, were you able to get consecutive dates (or at least Mon then Friday) or have to visit two separate times? I would have to travel far and would prefer not to make two trips... Was planning on e-mailing them to ask...
You can definitely do this
 
Aren’t international students no longer considered, except if you’re dual citizen or applying for the college program?
"
October 2016 – Beginning with the 2017-2018 application cycle, only US citizens or those with permanent resident status will be eligible for admission to the University Program (4 yr. MD). This change in practice does not affect any of the other graduate programs at the School of Medicine.

Our Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (5 yr. MD) will continue to accept applications from international applicants. "

From their website
 
For those who have acknowledged their acceptance, have you received a PIN number to make an ID yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really hoping someone had their phone interview for the college program that can share some information about the phone interview and if they got offered an on-campus interview afterwards?
 
I'm really hoping someone had their phone interview for the college program that can share some information about the phone interview and if they got offered an on-campus interview afterwards?

Don’t stress about the phone interview! It’s low key and friendly. I had mine a few weeks ago, and I’m still waiting for a final decision. Best of luck with yours, and I’m sure you’ll do wonderfully!