-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Omg!!! I am so excited!!! I get to interview here. This is a dream school for me, so I'm super pumped!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checked portal....II (no email yet)!! Complete 9/5
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
Sure OOS, URM, LizzyM ~68Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
PSA: Check your portal regularly. You may not receive a "status update" email for an II.
"Check your portal regularly"
"Application Submission Status: MARKED COMPLETE. We have received everything we need to review blah blah blah..."
*neuroticism intensifies*
Because I desperately needed to know too, I went to last year's thread:Does anyone know when interviewees from the very beginning of Oct will receive decisions?
They release decisions about once a month in batches
The second batch (which would include our early-October dates most likely) came out on November 5 (a Saturday, of all days!).
Extrapolating, we may hear something at the end of next week. Or not, who knows. All I know is that I love tiny font.

Agh been complete since early August and I’ve heard nothing from the uni program... just tell me my fate instead of straggling em alone plz case
I have been waiting in silence since mid-julyAgh been complete since early August and I’ve heard nothing from the uni program... just tell me my fate instead of straggling em alone plz case
Rejected this morning
Sorry to hear that! Mind sharing your complete date?
Don’t stress about the phone interview! It’s low key and friendly. I had mine a few weeks ago, and I’m still waiting for a final decision. Best of luck with yours, and I’m sure you’ll do wonderfully!
Just wondering how long it took to schedule your phone interview? Sade emailed me one week ago with the interviewers name saying that she'll contact me to schedule, but I haven't been contacted yet..should I just follow up?
Just wondering how long it took to schedule your phone interview? Sade emailed me one week ago with the interviewers name saying that she'll contact me to schedule, but I haven't been contacted yet..should I just follow up?
I think she had gotten back to me in a little over a week! I wouldn't worry about following up unless it's been 2 weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random question: How are some people doing phone interviews instead of in-person interviews?
Random question: How are some people doing phone interviews instead of in-person interviews?
It's a preliminary interview. You may or may not be invited for an in person interview after the phone call. According to the Lerner thread, it's usually granted to people with connections to the CCF or borderline candidates.
Oh, ok! Thanks for the insightIt's a preliminary interview. You may or may not be invited for an in person interview after the phone call. According to the Lerner thread, it's usually granted to people with connections to the CCF or borderline candidates.
9/15Sorry to hear that! Mind sharing your complete date?
She will email you soon. I know she's quite busy and she has 2 phone interviews going on next week.Just wondering how long it took to schedule your phone interview? Sade emailed me one week ago with the interviewers name saying that she'll contact me to schedule, but I haven't been contacted yet..should I just follow up?
Who went through a phone interview and heard back or hasnt heard back yet about the in-person interview?
I'm wondering if they are gonna go through all the candidates from phone interviews and then pick 1 or 2?
I'm wondering if they are gonna go through all the candidates from phone interviews and then pick 1 or 2?
Who went through a phone interview and heard back or hasnt heard back yet about the in-person interview?
I'm wondering if they are gonna go through all the candidates from phone interviews and then pick 1 or 2?
from this thread and the Lerner thread I've seen 2 people who have done the phone interviews and both were rejected a couple weeks after
rejected. Complete 8/10
You and I are both in Case Western's purgatory. I believe it's because they passed over our apps and will probably look back at us later. Honestly, though, from the IIs I have received it is so clear to me that each school is sooooo different - some have more of an Ivy ugrad preference while some probably don't care or only weigh a small handicap, some really love non-clinical service/clinical service, some really love stats, some like a more holistic approach, some research I guess we have it somewhat for Case (whatever it is) but just not entirely so they wanna see how we fare against later applicants.Complete since mid July, but still nothing.. what is going on?.. Why are people complete much later than myself getting status updates and not me? 🙁
HmmYou and I are both in Case Western's purgatory. I believe it's because they passed over our apps and will probably look back at us later. Honestly, though, from the IIs I have received it is so clear to me that each school is sooooo different - some have more of an Ivy ugrad preference while some probably don't care or only weigh a small handicap, some really love non-clinical service/clinical service, some really love stats, some like a more holistic approach, some research I guess we have it somewhat for Case (whatever it is) but just not entirely so they wanna see how we fare against later applicants.
Last edited:
It's also entirely possible that your app hasn't been reviewed yet since they do give out formal holds.You and I are both in Case Western's purgatory. I believe it's because they passed over our apps and will probably look back at us later. Honestly, though, from the IIs I have received it is so clear to me that each school is sooooo different - some have more of an Ivy ugrad preference while some probably don't care or only weigh a small handicap, some really love non-clinical service/clinical service, some really love stats, some like a more holistic approach, some research I guess we have it somewhat for Case (whatever it is) but just not entirely so they wanna see how we fare against later applicants.
Yeah you are 100% right. I'm just speculating honestly. Its also possible that hold is more formal. Maybe people that haven't heard are on a more rejection-guided hold, maybe havent even been looked at. Its all speculation at this point haha..It's also entirely possible that your app hasn't been reviewed yet since they do give out formal holds.
I was complete in july and didn't get an II until mid october. I'm fairly confident it just took a really long time to be looked at as I sent an ITA email back in September which they promptly ignored lolYeah you are 100% right. I'm just speculating honestly. Its also possible that hold is more formal. Maybe people that haven't heard are on a more rejection-guided hold, maybe havent even been looked at. Its all speculation at this point haha..
I was complete in july and didn't get an II until mid october. I'm fairly confident it just took a really long time to be looked at as I sent an ITA email back in September which they promptly ignored lol
Shouldn’t there be some sort of prioritization towards those completed early in July since the interview invitations are sent on a rolling basis?? They even strongly suggested submitting early to enhance chance of interview invites.... Isn’t July not early enough??...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apps aren't necessarily reviewed chronologically. Other things like high stats, URM, legacy can push apps forward in the review process. Also it's possible whoever got assigned to your app just has been busy and hasn't been making their deadlines ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Shouldn’t there be some sort of prioritization towards those completed early in July since the interview invitations are sent on a rolling basis?? They even strongly suggested submitting early to enhance chance of interview invites.... Isn’t July not early enough??...
Haha yeah probably..But this just seems delayed too much.. Its not fair for those that had submitted their apps early (I think July is the earliest you can submit) to still not have heard. Just reject me already. JeezzzApps aren't necessarily reviewed chronologically. Other things like high stats, URM, legacy can push apps forward in the review process. Also it's possible whoever got assigned to your app just has been busy and hasn't been making their deadlines ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is the hosting list for Case on the iapply portal? I can't seem to find it.
Omg!!! I am so excited!!! I get to interview here. This is a dream school for me, so I'm super pumped!
Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?
Just got II!!! Earliest date was end of December.
Congrats! Complete date?
II this morning! Unexpected. Complete mid-July
September 25!Congrats! Complete date?
stats?! 😀September 25!
LizzyM 79-80, OOS, ORMstats?! 😀
I also applied to the college program though so maybe that forced them to look at my application a little faster.
II this morning, LM ~75, complete late July!
LizzyM 79-80, OOS, ORM
I also applied to the college program though so maybe that forced them to look at my application a little faster.
Haha i think it is your awesome stats! 🙂 I applied to both also
Is the hosting list for Case on the iapply portal? I can't seem to find it.
It's not a hosting list the way most schools are. In iapply you submit a form saying what night you need and maybe some other preferences then they send you an email matching you with somebody. Very efficient.
When do most interviews end during the day? I want to book a flight out at 5pm, can I make it to my flight then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do most interviews end during the day? I want to book a flight out at 5pm, can I make it to my flight then?
I think it can depend on when your interviews are scheduled. I had a morning and afternoon interview and was finished by 3PM. I do know that a few of the other interviewees had flights for 5, not sure if they made it or not.
Has anyone heard when early October interview decisions will be released?
I heard it would be early December although I could be wrong.
If I have to wait that long I will literally die.
If they are following last year's timeline then it should be this week or next. Someone asked this same question on the previous page of this thread and I've quoted my response here:
If they are following last year's timeline then it should be this week or next. Someone asked this same question on the previous page of this thread and I've quoted my response here:
Because I desperately needed to know too, I went to last year's thread:
They release decisions about once a month in batches
The second batch (which would include our early-October dates most likely) came out on November 5 (a Saturday, of all days!).
Extrapolating, we may hear something at the end of next week. Or not, who knows. All I know is that I love tiny font.
![]()
If I have to wait that long I will literally die.
If they are following last year's timeline then it should be this week or next. Someone asked this same question on the previous page of this thread and I've quoted my response here:
Trust me, I want to be incorrect!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K