2017-2018 Feinberg School of Medicine (Northwestern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Might need to start making funeral arrangements, since last year some people didn't hear until mid-April :lame:
I don't get how it's so hard for them to sit in a room for an entire work day and just crush it out. It shouldn't take months.

I still haven’t even gotten my initial decision from late jan

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven’t even gotten my initial decision from late jan
I still haven’t gotten my initial decision from early January.. anyone else from early Jan not hear anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate list, interviewed mid-January

Members don't see this ad :)
No news for me yet. Interviewed in December and deferred in January

Rejected after deferral. Anyone know if they give application feedback because I don't know what to do anymore...

Did you all get a portal change or just email? No email or portal change yet for me.

MSAR says 10/100 but it sounds like they like people who show interest.
So only 100 people are put on the waitlist then? And only 10 get off? Then how did 5/6 people the guy talked to get off the waitlist. Something seems hokey. Either that is some crazy luck with regards to who you met, or MSAR is off.

So only 100 people are put on the waitlist then? And only 10 get off? Then how did 5/6 people the guy talked to get off the waitlist. Something seems hokey. Either that is some crazy luck with regards to who you met, or MSAR is off.

I read elsewhere on SDN that the "number accepted after being waitlisted" on MSAR indicates how many people matriculated to Feinberg after getting off the waitlist. In addition, the people you met might have said they were "accepted off the waitlist", but they probably meant that they were accepted after being deferred. Just a thought :)

Reactions: 1 user
I read elsewhere on SDN that the "number accepted after being waitlisted" on MSAR indicates how many people matriculated to Feinberg after getting off the waitlist. In addition, the people you met might have said they were "accepted off the waitlist", but they probably meant that they were accepted after being deferred. Just a thought :)
If that's true, that means a lot of rude people stay on the waitlist with no intention of going should they be accepted. That's pretty lame

If that's true, that means a lot of rude people stay on the waitlist with no intention of going should they be accepted. That's pretty lame
I have a feeling there's a misunderstanding here.
Edit: Redacted

Interviewed late Jan. Just got in today. I will be attending. This is a dream come true.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed late Jan. Just got in today. I will be attending. This is a dream come true.
Congrats!! Around when did you receive the email?

Is there a class Facebook page yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Admissions office just confirmed what MSAR said. 10 people got off alternate list last year.

Last edited:
How are people phrasing their acceptance of the alternate list offer? I'm not sure whether I should send a simple, "I accept the offer", or write a few sentences or even paragraphs about why I would be the right candidate for Feinberg. I do intend to send a letter of intent, but I was going to wait until early May to do that, since I've heard that is the best time.

So I guess decisions are coming out in waves? Still sitting in silence since being deferred months ago

How are people phrasing their acceptance of the alternate list offer? I'm not sure whether I should send a simple, "I accept the offer", or write a few sentences or even paragraphs about why I would be the right candidate for Feinberg. I do intend to send a letter of intent, but I was going to wait until early May to do that, since I've heard that is the best time.
I just did one sentence. I would send the letter or intent separately because it is a separate email for the alternate list. The admissions office email is different and I think they would be the ones to send that letter to.

Alternate list yesterday, interviewed mid January :( probably won't accept since I already have an acceptance to a school I want to go to

Reactions: 1 users
WL yesterday — didn’t accept (meant to withdraw earlier but it wasn’t obvious if there was a way to do so without emailing)

so as of today is there anyone else who still hasn't heard back since deferral? this wait is bananas

Besides the newsletter I just got, have not heard anything

so as of today is there anyone else who still hasn't heard back since deferral? this wait is bananas
I interviewed in late Jan and still have not heard anything... I just got the prospective student newsletter email and freaked out.... ahhhhhh.....

Sending the newsletter to us hopeless alternate list students is such a middle finger :(