2017-2018 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ready to Tattoo this on my chest !...FAU call me for second look plz......View attachment 230869

Gotta get the Lane Kiffin tattoo on your chest. #LaneTrain #HootHoot

Members don't see this ad.

Any waitlisters get a second look invite yet ?

All schools would be able to access the acceptance list now, and plan on Second look/waitlist movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Any waitlisters get a second look invite yet ?

All schools would be able to access the acceptance list now, and plan on Second look/waitlist movement?
I haven't. Would like to know this as well-- though this thread has been particularly quiet as far as post-II feedback, so the people who did get invites could just not be on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at last year's thread, this might be the week where second look invites email go out to Alternate List :cat:

So, is he Second look invite for WL only after a spot opens up ?

So, is he Second look invite for WL only after a spot opens up ?
No, because most people are still holding multiple seats around this time. They invite people who they want to offer a seat to should one open up (and they expect that seats will after April 30th, but they just can't know how many).

Thanks. That's what I thought... so we should soon see some second look invites for the WL folks ?

I’m also on the waitlist and just received the invite to second look... they need an rsvp by today and I live out of state... is it going to hurt my chances if I can’t go?

I’m also on the waitlist and just received the invite to second look... they need an rsvp by today and I live out of state... is it going to hurt my chances if I can’t go?

I highly doubt it, that would be really ridiculous. If I were you I would email them saying that you would love to be there but since you're out of state you can't afford to attend (that way they know for sure you're interested)! You can even ask them to put you in contact with a student so you can get any info they give out at second look!

CHECK YOUR SPAM! Just found my second look invitation in my spam folder

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Second look invitees... can please tell whether you are IS or OOS

Doesn’t everyone on the waitlist get invited to second look?

@F_Receptor... Are you IS or OOS

I'm OOS but originally from Florida ... Is there anyone on here who is waitlisted and DIDN'T get an invite to second look? Sorry to be nosey but trying to weigh me going vs the 600$ or so it'll cost for the last minute travel fees

I'm OOS but originally from Florida ... Is there anyone on here who is waitlisted and DIDN'T get an invite to second look? Sorry to be nosey but trying to weigh me going vs the 600$ or so it'll cost for the last minute travel fees
First - Congatulations to you and other second look invitees, from WL.

Yes, besides myself and ( I think) @fldoctorgirl are on WL and haven't received second look invite yet . But then, sure I would be ecstatic to save you $600 and fill in your spot . In all seriousness , best wishes to you !

I’m on the WL and haven’t received a second look invite either. Does that mean that I probably won’t get accepted? Has anyone in the past not received a second look invite from the WL and got accepted anyways?

Hi guys! Congrats to those invited to second look Day! I will say last year people on the waitlist had different colored name tags, I think so faculty could talk to them more. But I don’t actually know that. Just an observation. And yes, there are some people in the class not invited to second look day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Realllllly want to send a LOI but they said not to send any letters outside of the update section on the portal. I'm happy with the school I'm currently planning on going to, but it would be nice to not have to move 1,000+ miles away lol

@fldoctorgirl you can send it in to them! SDN wont let me post the email, but you can either call or look at the paper that they mailed you stating that you were on the WL

What is the Second Look date ? That might give some insight into the invites for the WL students ?

What is the Second Look date ? That might give some insight into the invites for the WL students ?
I believe that it’s April 21st. That’s what someone previously said in this thread

@fldoctorgirl you can send it in to them! SDN wont let me post the email, but you can either call or look at the paper that they mailed you stating that you were on the WL
Are you sure? I could've sworn it said "please don't send any letters outside of the update system on the portal".

Are you sure? I could've sworn it said "please don't send any letters outside of the update system on the portal".
You should call and ask! But I sent the LOI to that email and they said “thank you for your continued interest in CESCOM”

Look at the underlined portion
image.jpg

I believe that it’s April 21st. That’s what someone previously said in this thread
Thank you. I also see someone posting the following "Welcome Back event that is on: Saturday, April 21, 2018." Is this the same as Second Look event ?

Checked last year's thread, where Second Look was on Apr 29th ! which would then correspond to Apr 28th this year (Saturday). Can someone reconfirm, the Second Look date - is it Apr 21 or Apr 28 ?
Thanks

Checked last year's thread, where Second Look was on Apr 29th ! which would then correspond to Apr 28th this year (Saturday). Can someone reconfirm, the Second Look date - is it Apr 21 or Apr 28 ?
Thanks
Second look is this Saturday, April 21. I am on WL, was invited, and will be attending (I live in the area). It is also called FAU Welcome Back. Hope that helps!

Second look is this Saturday, April 21. I am on WL, was invited, and will be attending (I live in the area). It is also called FAU Welcome Back. Hope that helps!
Thanks and good luck to you ! Looking for my invite too ! Wish me luck ! :xf:

Received a second look invitation. OOS, WL. HOPEFULLY THIS IS A GOOD SIGN!!!

Edit: received 4/13 for second look on 4/21

Last edited:
I'm surprised Second Look invitations are still going out so close to the event date. Hopefully I get one soon! I've had Saturday circled on my calendar for months now. For reference, I interviewed near the end of 2017 and was wait-listed. I'm a Florida resident. From past threads, it seems like we still have a chance of acceptance even if we don't end up getting invited to Second Look.

I'm surprised Second Look invitations are still going out so close to the event date. Hopefully I get one soon! I've had Saturday circled on my calendar for months now. For reference, I interviewed near the end of 2017 and was wait-listed. I'm a Florida resident. From past threads, it seems like we still have a chance of acceptance even if we don't end up getting invited to Second Look.
Correct. Last year's threads have people getting accepted without being invited for Second Look. May be, the Second Look is more focused on those who have multiple acceptances and FAU wants to try and get them to commit to it.

Reactions: 2 users
Correct. Last year's threads have people getting accepted without being invited for Second Look. May be, the Second Look is more focused on those who have multiple acceptances and FAU wants to try and get them to commit to it.
That would be very clever, and accurate for the people I know going

That would be very clever, and accurate for the people I know going
Someone had mentioned earlier, that they even had different color tags for different students coming to Second Look, to easily identify them for face-to-face follow-up. It is an interesting and wierd cycle, this whole Med School admission process !

Good luck to those going for the Second Look tomorrow. Please share your thoughts after the visit, it would be our vision to the event. With blurry eyes and a frown on the face, checking email every few minutes :(

Any updates on WL movement yet ? I am dreaming OWLs of different size and shapes, waiting for the hoot !
upload_2018-4-25_17-27-0.png

I was told not to expect anything until another 2-3 weeks, when most of the WL movement is expected to occur.
Wow ! That's way past the Apr 30th, hope that's the latest and not the earliest date for WL movement. Even last year, the movement started around Apr 30th . :xf:

Does anyone know how many WL students showed up for Second Look ? Didn't get a Second Look invite, so wondering if I still have a chance ? Also, any recent WL movement ? Thanks