2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who wants to know my stats PM me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They accept people up until orientation from what I know. I know a few people in the current class didn’t get in until a week/few days beforehand. I wasn’t accepted until July 5. I had my next application ready to go and was planning on a gap year.
Would you recommend working/ volunteering or doing the biomedical sciences masters during the gap year? my MCAT was weak but my GPA is great. I have been studying to take the MCAT again for a while now and was hoping to get accepted before I had to take it, but looks like that isn't happening. So from a students standpoint, what would you recommend?

Cong

Hello! Have all of these current decisions been sent out so far, or can we continue to keep a look out throughout the week?
Hi All,
There is a possibility that we send out a few more acceptances on Friday (5/4), but for the rest of the summer we will send out acceptances as one-offs. We hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!! <--- I have been waiting forever to be able to say this
I can't wait to start in August and meet you all! :soexcited::love:

Would you recommend working/ volunteering or doing the biomedical sciences masters during the gap year? my MCAT was weak but my GPA is great. I have been studying to take the MCAT again for a while now and was hoping to get accepted before I had to take it, but looks like that isn't happening. So from a students standpoint, what would you recommend?

Ultimately, this is a personal decision. In my situation, I was waitlisted at 3 schools, and had a low MCAT score. So I never really considered the BMS program. It's a great option, but retaking the MCAT is lot cheaper. I had my retake scheduled for the end of July, and couldn't even get a partial refund because of when I was accepted. :shrug:

I'd start with retaking the MCAT and see what happens! Plus you never know when the acceptance email will arrive ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Any former students have suggestions on where to live?

love seeing all the WL acceptances! I was in your shoes almost a year ago exactly. DM me if you have any questions about the school, the area, anything! :)

They accept people up until orientation from what I know. I know a few people in the current class didn’t get in until a week/few days beforehand. I wasn’t accepted until July 5. I had my next application ready to go and was planning on a gap year.

Did they ever tell you where you were on the waitlist (e.g. top 1/3 or top 10%)?

Did they ever tell you where you were on the waitlist (e.g. top 1/3 or top 10%)?

Nope! The only thing we heard was after school started that about half of the waitlist was accepted.

Hi! Does anyone know if Marian is receptive to additional update letters/LOI for people on the waitlist?\
(I have previously sent one in, but have a recent abstract/poster update)

Members don't see this ad :)
I officially will be going here in the fall! Anybody have some advice for first year? Things like study habits, routines, what classes are mandatory, a typical school day, any other helpful info is appreciated. You can PM me if you want or post it here. Thanks!

I officially will be going here in the fall! Anybody have some advice for first year? Things like study habits, routines, what classes are mandatory, a typical school day, any other helpful info is appreciated. You can PM me if you want or post it here. Thanks!
From the information they gave us at second look, lectures are not mandatory but all the labs (anatomy, omm, etc.) are mandatory. The application site you sign into to check your conditions and such has some good information on there. As for study tips I will be figuring that one out myself. Good luck, maybe I'll see you there in August.

Did you all already get your student ID/email/financial aid info etc.?

Last edited:
I just got accepted !!!! This is crazy I’m so excited !!!!!!!! I want to cry lol

For the waitlisters, do we just wait until whenever? Or will they send out rejections soon?

For the waitlisters, do we just wait until whenever? Or will they send out rejections soon?
I think we just wait until August. They will pull individually until then...maybe even up to the week before classes start. After this, they will most likely send an email confirming that they will not be enrolling anymore for this cycle.

I don’t think we’ll get them till orientation
you'll get them closer to orientation but definitely before. they'll email you your ID, access to the student portal, financial aid info etc!

Did anyone get the prerequisite check email? If so, did you email about it?

Does anyone know what type of iPad's we'll be getting? pencil compatible or not?

Does anyone know what type of iPad's we'll be getting? pencil compatible or not?

The ones we got this year were not compatible. But the ones we got were also different from the previous year, and different from the ones they told us we were getting. My recommendation is to hold off buying anything until it’s in your hand.

The ones we got this year were not compatible. But the ones we got were also different from the previous year, and different from the ones they told us we were getting. My recommendation is to hold off buying anything until it’s in your hand.

Speaking of electronic products, is a Apple MacBook Air fine to use? Or must we get a MacBook pro? I already have an Air.

Withdrew my spot last week in favor of an in-state school, hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance today. Love this school but I hope my spot goes to one of you all! Good luck :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance today. Love this school but I hope my spot goes to one of you all! Good luck :)
Thank you to those who take the time to write this! Very kind. I hope the best for you as well!

Reactions: 4 users
To people to still on the waitlist: has anyone asked about their chances of getting in based on their position on the waitlist? or about the current movement rate of the waitlist at all?

I was just accepted yesterday, the official email was sent today. Question, do current students use their laptops much or mostly just the ipads?

I was just accepted yesterday, the official email was sent today. Question, do current students use their laptops much or mostly just the ipads?
Thanks for the update. Would you mind sharing your stats? I have a friend in the program and was informed that the iPads are mainly used, even for exams and quizzes.

Has everyone that has been accepted already registered for classes and finished their immunizations and background check stuff?

Has everyone that has been accepted already registered for classes and finished their immunizations and background check stuff?
Not me, I don’t even have my login credentials so I emailed them about this. And I’m missing my immunizations as well

Not me, I don’t even have my login credentials so I emailed them about this. And I’m missing my immunizations as well
Ok, just checking because i went to register for classes and saw there was a large number of openings left in each the classes we have to take. So wasn't sure if no one has registered yet or if that number just doesnt change even if you hit register. I haven't registered yet. I just got overwhelmed and took a nap.

Yes, i got an email from julia ford saying my fin aid package was now available and it gave me the log in instructions to access the CAMS student portal. And today i got an email from a lady that said be sure to register for classes by June 22.

See my reply below. Forgot to quote you.
Ohh ok I got an email from Julia Ford as well but I was missing some documentation so maybe that’s why my things are not ready yet.. :(

Does anyone know how to reduce the financial aid package? Do we accept first and then we can reduce?