2022-2023 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew today, I know a couple more who did, hope it goes to you who are waiting and they send more II to those waiting for it. Good Luck and wish you all happy holidays.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hello everyone, I had a quick question. I was planning on sending a letter of intent and was wondering if any current students had advice on who to send it to and when? Hope you all had a wonderful holidays!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone wondering how they didn't get an interview here? I know its competitive but my stats are above... Maybe heavy in state bias?

During my interview, the staff emphasized that they care more about mission fit and that they will interview roughly 500 applicants (~10%). I’m OOS, ORM, and have a low Mcat but got accepted back in early October so I don’t think it has to do with in state bias.

During my interview, the staff emphasized that they care more about mission fit and that they will interview roughly 500 applicants (~10%). I’m OOS, ORM, and have a low Mcat but got accepted back in early October so I don’t think it has to do with in state bias.

Damn... I'm OOS ORM but OK MCAT... I thought I fit the mission well Dx

II today! OOS but in neighboring state, 501, cGPA 3.8

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday, but I will be respectfully declining. OOS, 506, 3.92.

I got the complete email on 01/02 after submitting my secondary and all other materials on 08/16... That is quite the turnover rate lol

I got the complete email on 01/02 after submitting my secondary and all other materials on 08/16... That is quite the turnover rate lol
still haven't gotten the complete email and i submitted in October lmao guess i have to wait

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted end of august and called them early sept and they told me I was complete. I have yet to receive the email tho
I informed them that my letters were submitted via email and they replied the next day saying I was complete. I got another email about two weeks later from admissions saying I was complete and my file was being sent to a member of admissions for review.

Maybe you could try contacting them again to confirm your submission?

Is it too late to put in an application here? J am OOS but neighboring state with a low mcat.

I informed them that my letters were submitted via email and they replied the next day saying I was complete. I got another email about two weeks later from admissions saying I was complete and my file was being sent to a member of admissions for review.

Maybe you could try contacting them again to confirm your submission?
Lol just got the email. Maybe they’re watching this forum

Got a complete email ... Hoping I get an II soon :')

Submitted 8/12... got the complete email as well...
no interview yet Dx

Accepted around 2pm EST via email today!!!!! This is my very first acceptance as a third-time reapplicant and I’m absolutely over the moon!! TuT

Sending good luck to everyone who’s still waiting!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted around 2pm EST via email today!!!!! This is my very first acceptance as a third-time reapplicant and I’m absolutely over the moon!! TuT

Sending good luck to everyone who’s still waiting!!
So happy for you, wishing good luck to all others waiting.

• Care
Got an email that they started accepting people off the waitlist today. (Fellow waitlisted here)

Has anyone been complete for a while and not heard anything? I got my complete email 10/18 and radio silence since. I’ve tried calling but got a generic email saying I was complete and that application review is taking longer than expected.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I have posted this on the X v Y forum but it didn’t get much traction. I know this isn’t really the place to post this but I’ve been having a lot of trouble deciding whether to attend atsu kcom or Marian. If you chose Marian over kcom or really other school I’d love to hear the reasons for why you chose to do so :)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have posted this on the X v Y forum but it didn’t get much traction. I know this isn’t really the place to post this but I’ve been having a lot of trouble deciding whether to attend atsu kcom or Marian. If you chose Marian over kcom or really other school I’d love to hear the reasons for why you chose to do so :)
I don't have any idea about KCOM but Marian seemed great when I visited, I really loved it and would have gone here if not for the MD schools I got into. Found this old article see if it helps.

Last edited:
I don't have any idea about KCOM but Marian seemed great when I visited, I really loved it and would have gone here if not for the MD schools I got into. Found this old article see if it helps.

Don't know how much this helps you, but Indianapolis is a huge city and Kirksville is SO small. If you're anything other than White, I would really make sure you're okay with living in a place like Kirksville for 4 whole years. I interviewed in person there and the town, e.g. shops and restaurants I walked in to, gave me pretty negative vibes. Needless to say, I am a POC and not sure how safe or happy I would feel living in small town Missouri for 4 whole years.

Don't know how much this helps you, but Indianapolis is a huge city and Kirksville is SO small. If you're anything other than White, I would really make sure you're okay with living in a place like Kirksville for 4 whole years. I interviewed in person there and the town, e.g. shops and restaurants I walked in to, gave me pretty negative vibes. Needless to say, I am a POC and not sure how safe or happy I would feel living in small town Missouri for 4 whole years.
I lived in small town Iowa for many years, so I just want to express that this is not me being judgmental of smalltown Midwest in general at all. I know smalltown midwest, I've had some good times there too, but Kirksville is not it lol. All small towns are not like this, it's just the luck of the draw I think.

I am white but I understand what you mean by that kirksville is very off putting. The reason I’m considering it is because it would only be 2 years, not 4 because for clinicals you get to move to a much more populated area like a city

I am white but I understand what you mean by that kirksville is very off putting. The reason I’m considering it is because it would only be 2 years, not 4 because for clinicals you get to move to a much more populated area like a city
I would also consider the overall cost of attending.

I just got accepted yesterday! 508 and 3.9. I interviewed 1/20 and got the email to schedule my interview invite on 12/5 and my app was marked complete mid September

Reactions: 2 users
Lol, I submitted my secondary September 2nd and just finally got an email confirming that I am complete this morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted in august and got a complete message on 12/26—FWIW I know someone who submitted theirs on Christmas and has already interviewed. Lol