2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist day is coming up :) hopefully we'll get lucky!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we are put on the alternate list, when should we expect to hear back?

They already started pulling people off the waitlist last month. I think they continue to review your app against all applicants every time they meet. I could be wrong though.

I am on the wait list and am updating my application on AACOMAS. Does this material also need to be in by the March 2nd application materials deadline for Marian?

For those attending the accepted student days on March 2-3, what are you wearing to the events? Business casual?

Reactions: 1 user
so I just checked my app and it says my rec letters have not been received, but they are definitely in the AACOMAS system. I am confused and unsure of what to do.

Super excited I received an II to Marian. Can anyone provide any insight on the interview day and interview itself? This will be my first MMI so i'm really nervous!!

so I just checked my app and it says my rec letters have not been received, but they are definitely in the AACOMAS system. I am confused and unsure of what to do.

Contact the school directly, they should help you resolve this situation. At least they did for me and I was invited to interview within a few weeks after that.

For those who are on the waitlist, I talked to Daniel Goodpaster this morning who is the Director of Enrollment. He told me that the next time the committee will review the waitlist will be in mid-March. After that, they will review it again in early May.

He also told me that last year about 50% of the people who were on the waitlist got accepted. So the odds are still pretty good!

Reactions: 6 users
@MU COM How do you prefer letters of intent to be sent? Is there a place we can upload it to AACOMAS, or do you prefer by email, or by mail? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
@MU COM How do you prefer letters of intent to be sent? Is there a place we can upload it to AACOMAS, or do you prefer by email, or by mail? Thanks!
Hi All,
If you would to send a letter of intent you may send an email to [email protected]. We ask that you only send a LOI if MU-COM is your top 1-2 schools and if you are pulled off of the waitlist you will accept the offer.

When are the last interviews for MU-COM held? I interviewed in February and was placed on the alternate list so was just trying to take a guess on when there will be more alternate list movement once all acceptance offers are given out

When are the last interviews for MU-COM held? I interviewed in February and was placed on the alternate list so was just trying to take a guess on when there will be more alternate list movement once all acceptance offers are given out
Yup. Waitings no fun. Stats?

Last year it was March 31

For the 12 minute time on the MMI, do we plan to talk for the entire 12 minutes? Or do we talk for 8 or so and leave the last 4 for follow up questions?

For the 12 minute time on the MMI, do we plan to talk for the entire 12 minutes? Or do we talk for 8 or so and leave the last 4 for follow up questions?
It wasn't really a timed thing or at least not broken up like that. You're presented with a situation and you go in and respond to the questions they give you. I finished my MMI with the 3rd year med student wayyyy early and we just had a general conversation afterward so don't worry too much about the 12 min!

For those who are on the waitlist, I talked to Daniel Goodpaster this morning who is the Director of Enrollment. He told me that the next time the committee will review the waitlist will be in mid-March. After that, they will review it again in early May.

He also told me that last year about 50% of the people who were on the waitlist got accepted. So the odds are still pretty good!

Update: I had a friend (on the alternate list) that called the admissions office today asking about when he should send a letter of intent. He was told that the timing would not matter from now until about the end of April/early May since they will not review the alternate list again until then. The reasoning he was told for that was they were going to wait until they were done with interviews.

So I’m not exactly sure when the next time the alernate list will be reviewed is. I was told mid March when I called but it seems like that timeline might have changed to a later date. Just thought people would want to know and to see if anyone else has any info!

Reactions: 4 users
So excited to interview here this Friday! I’m also very nervous about the MMI and I’ve seen hints here and there on this feed. Any other hints accepted students may want to give?

So excited to interview here this Friday! I’m also very nervous about the MMI and I’ve seen hints here and there on this feed. Any other hints accepted students may want to give?

Don’t be nervous at all! It’s all things you can reasonably answer without too much prep and take it as a conversation instead of a question and answer interview!

Reactions: 1 users
I'll be there too...no worries, your feelings are shared :)

My expectations were blown away at the interview today. Shoutout to @mucom for rocking it

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when interviews at this school end?

My expectations were blown away at the interview today. Shoutout to @mucom for rocking it

This school really is exceptional. I actually feel bad for anyone who cancels their interview here because they think other DO schools are better for to being older. MUCOM really has it together.

Has anyone been accepted off the alternative list? If so, stats?

I was told they will review alternate list at the end of April.

does anyone know how many people they interview vs. how many people they accept? i have an interview coming up, i'm really excited! i'm also nervous because it will be my first MMI style interview

does anyone know how many people they interview vs. how many people they accept? i have an interview coming up, i'm really excited! i'm also nervous because it will be my first MMI style interview

For class of 2021, 361/546 were accepted so the odds are in your favor. Good luck!

Does anyone know if there is a specific day when second deposits are due?

Is the match list for this cycle out yet? Is it too early to ask lol

@MUCOM is there any way prospective students could get their hands on a 2018 Match List?
Hi All,
Since our students just matched last Friday we have not yet completed our official match list handout, but we will make sure to post it here and send it out to our accepted students once we have the list complete. Last year it was sent out by early/mid April.

We were just wondering because other schools have heard back. Doesn't hurt to ask does it

If you look on some of their social media pages (Instagram tags and Flickr) you can see a few matches

Guys, it hasn't even been a week. Current students haven't even heard anything...
Other schools have posted their match lists so I didn't think it was too unreasonable. Marian is excellent with their communication and their staff is amazing, I know they will have it up to us as soon as they can. They treat us so good I've just come to expect they're always prepared :) (Which they are).

I have an interview here soon, it would be nice to see a match list during the interview.