2022-2023 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call that I was accepted!!! I interviewed on 10/24. I am IS, 5.7 GPA, 505 MCAT. I am a reapplicant from original 499 MCAT
Dang 5.7 gpa, that’s crazy. I gotta step it up

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance email!! I interviewed 10/24 and didn’t get a call just an email

Got the application complete email today, submitted my secondary on 8/2.

Members don't see this ad :)
have been complete since 09/08. is all hope lost? is it too late in the cycle now?

I hope not this my top choice. It seems like they haven’t sent out II’s for quite a bit so hopefully soon.
apparently they only interview like 500 people and then start pulling off their waitlist if they need the rest of their class filled

Reactions: 1 user
have been complete since 09/08. is all hope lost? is it too late in the cycle now?
My application was complete on 08/16. I emailed them yesterday 11/17, over 3 months later, and they replied saying:

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, your application is complete and awaiting a full review. You will receive an email update when it goes into the review. We apologize for the delay, but we appreciate your patience through this lengthy process. Also, thank you for your continued interest in MU-COM.

Looks like this means my application hasn't even been read yet, and has been sitting there for over 3 months :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Received the A call this afternoon! Interviewed on 11/4!

Reactions: 2 users
My application was complete on 08/16. I emailed them yesterday 11/17, over 3 months later, and they replied saying:

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, your application is complete and awaiting a full review. You will receive an email update when it goes into the review. We apologize for the delay, but we appreciate your patience through this lengthy process. Also, thank you for your continued interest in MU-COM.

Looks like this means my application hasn't even been read yet, and has been sitting there for over 3 months :(
I also emailed them last night because my portal showed all green checks but I never got a complete email. I received the same email as you.

I emailed them too, and received the exact same response. I was complete 9/4.

I emailed them too, and received the exact same response. I was complete 9/4.

Yeah I never even received a complete email... I submitted my LORs a bit after my secondary bc I had to wait for my undergrads committee

I'm hoping I hear something back from this school... Sent them an update I had too...

Not sure what to do here...

I sent my application in in August and am just now getting a complete email— hadn’t even realized that it wasn’t complete

I never got a complete email but the portal says im complete

Sent an update

I sent my application in in August and am just now getting a complete email— hadn’t even realized that it wasn’t complete
From what I can tell from last year's thread at least, this could mean your app is officially being reviewed now

Is there an accepted students group me? I decided yesterday Im going to Marian!

I'm going to the tour on the 12th and I'm so excited! It's gonna be tough deciding between here and NYITCOM Jonesboro.

I'm going to the tour on the 12th and I'm so excited! It's gonna be tough deciding between here and NYITCOM Jonesboro.
I went last week to look at the school and was very impressed. Very clean and new facilities. Everyone there was very nice, and as someone from Indiana, there are a trillion amazing hospitals here that I think will make rotations very fun and ensure a quality education.

Just randomly was wondering, does Marian use real cadavers or technological? Does anyone know if they are prosection or dissection cadaver labs?

Just randomly was wondering, does Marian use real cadavers or technological? Does anyone know if they are prosection or dissection cadaver labs?
Real cadavers plus technological just to follow your dissections.

II! Interviewing Dec9! IS, 500 MCAT, 3.8 GPA

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone,

It looks like there isn’t an MU-COM class of 2027 group me chat yet so I created one. Please dm me so that I can add you! Thanks!

Got an II today!! IS, reapplicant, MCAT 507, gpa 3.74. Submitted the secondary on 11/7 (primary sent this summer) and interviewing on 1/13.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS applicant. still no II. Should I give up hope at this point lol

Congratulations! What time did you get the update?
Thanks!! 10:16am EST

And to everyone, don’t give up hope yet! I know someone who got an II from MU in Feb/March (this was in 2021) and got accepted after the interview despite being OOS, so it can definitely happen!

It has been pretty quiet in here last couple of weeks, anyone got II or A recently. I guess they might soon as today is the deadline for payment for accepted students and seats might open up.

Just waitlisted :/ Does anyone know if it’s common for students on the alternative list to get in?

• Care