2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a quick question. So I got an email from them asking me to confirm my spot on the alternate list under the confirmation tab. My question is, did this confirmation tab appear right after you accept your place on the alternate list or did it appear when I got the email this morning. Because it says I have 2 weeks to confirm but I am not sure if I missed the two weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a quick question. So I got an email from them asking me to confirm my spot on the alternate list under the confirmation tab. My question is, did this confirmation tab appear right after you accept your place on the alternate list or did it appear when I got the email this morning. Because it says I have 2 weeks to confirm but I am not sure if I missed the two weeks.
It appeared this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wahoo alternate listed! I’m so excited to be waiting around for the applicants MUCOM really wants to decide never mind.....

Reactions: 3 users
Getting that email freaked me out! I thought I didn't respond to the waitlist for 4 weeks hahaha

just heard back today - alternate list! kinda bummed, but still hopeful that there might be a lot of movement this year! i was really impressed on my interview day and would love to attend! do people normally hear news about that in may?

just heard back today - alternate list! kinda bummed, but still hopeful that there might be a lot of movement this year! i was really impressed on my interview day and would love to attend! do people normally hear news about that in may?
Did they say when the last interview dates were?

I was told there will be movement the end of April and beginning of May.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if this school defers an acceptance for a year?

Are there any current students that can speak to 3rd/4th year rotations? I know there is the partnership with Community/St.Vs but I recently heard that people have had issues finding rotations in the past

Has there been any movement in the waitlist?

sidenote: match day results??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, current 3rd year here. Dropping by to let you guys know that if you have questions, feel free in inbox me. I always appreciated the upperclassmen stopping in and taking the time to answer questions so I feel I should return the favor.

Hey guys, current 3rd year here. Dropping by to let you guys know that if you have questions, feel free in inbox me. I always appreciated the upperclassmen stopping in and taking the time to answer questions so I feel I should return the favor.
How abundant are research opportunities during the summer? I know that there is the opportunity for the Co-op with Lilly but as far as clinical research goes, are there resources that can set you up with opportunities at different sites (major universities, hospitals, etc.)?

Does anybody happen to know how full the class is already at this point?

Last edited:
How abundant are research opportunities during the summer? I know that there is the opportunity for the Co-op with Lilly but as far as clinical research goes, are there resources that can set you up with opportunities at different sites (major universities, hospitals, etc.)?
Research can be set up at IU if you don't do it at marian. I didn't do any but at one point I contacted IU about research and they were happy to help me out.

Last I heard there were 5 spots left on April 14th.
This number will be much higher once people start withdrawing and moving around, they will be looking at the alternate list again after the end of this month

This number will be much higher once people start withdrawing and moving around, they will be looking at the alternate list again after the end of this month
That's good news. Thank you for the hope! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I believe the next deposit is due on May 1st so I think they’ll start pulling people off the alternate list either that day or on May 2nd.

Did you call to get this info?
Idk about the 5 spots thing that doesn’t seem right to me but I did call about the alternate list and that’s the info I got

Reactions: 1 user
Idk about the 5 spots thing that doesn’t seem right to me but I did call about the alternate list and that’s the info I got
Nice! I wish they would give me my quartile over the phone, but guess we'll just have to wait. Thank you for the info.

I believe the next deposit is due on May 1st so I think they’ll start pulling people off the alternate list either that day or on May 2nd.

So you guys think they won't review the waitlist tomorrow? :\

Are these 5 spots left over after people have accepted their seats and paid the deposit? Or the number of acceptances that have gone out?

Are these 5 spots left over after people have accepted their seats and paid the deposit? Or the number of acceptances that have gone out?
Why do they have to review it tomorrow lol? They told me a lot of movement happens after May 1st as that is the deadline to hold 1 acceptance and that is when they will take people off the waitlist

Why do they have to review it tomorrow lol? They told me a lot of movement happens after May 1st as that is the deadline to hold 1 acceptance and that is when they will take people off the waitlist

Maybe I’m misinformed but I thought AACOMAS says May 15th for multiple offers.
AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines

there is a lot of movement always. i know people who got in late july. i didnt get in until late may! don't lose hope :)

I'm not completely sure. Perhaps those that have been accepted and have yet to decline.

Hi All,
To dispell any rumors: The admissions committee met today and reviewed the alternate list for the first round of admits off of the list. These decisions will be sent out next week, after May 1. The committee will continue to review the list as long as needed, in the past, the committee has accepted students as late as the day before orientation. We hope this helps!

Reactions: 10 users
IU needs to take a page out of Marian’s book! Love how upfront you guys are with your applicants!

Last edited:
Super anxious week! Someone post when they first hear from admissions

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone considered the MBS program med school track at Marian? I am attending this fall and would love to talk to any student who completed the program already! Please message me :)

Are alternate list decisions (round1) going to be released tomorrow?

Such a nerve wracking time for sure! Does anyone know if there are a certain amount of rounds?

Such a nerve wracking time for sure! Does anyone know if there are a certain amount of rounds?

There’s no rounds. They pull from the waitlist until the class is full. In May, they’ll do “rounds” as in multiple offers sent out at once. As it gets later in the summer, they’ll contact people individually when they know someone is withdrawing.

ACCEPTED! Oh my god so much relief and joy

I’m in off the waitlist! So excited to finally be accepted, can’t wait to start in August.

Congrats on the acceptances! Can those who did post their stats please?

Cong
Hi All,
To dispell any rumors: The admissions committee met today and reviewed the alternate list for the first round of admits off of the list. These decisions will be sent out next week, after May 1. The committee will continue to review the list as long as needed, in the past, the committee has accepted students as late as the day before orientation. We hope this helps!
Hello! Have all of these current decisions been sent out so far, or can we continue to keep a look out throughout the week?

Just got the acceptance!!! Definitely top 5 happiest moments of my life!!! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to all of those accepted!!

For those of us still on the alternate list, does anyone know when we could potentially find out if we are rejected? Is it not until August? This waiting game is rough.

Congrats to all of those accepted!!

For those of us still on the alternate list, does anyone know when we could potentially find out if we are rejected? Is it not until August? This waiting game is rough.

They accept people up until orientation from what I know. I know a few people in the current class didn’t get in until a week/few days beforehand. I wasn’t accepted until July 5. I had my next application ready to go and was planning on a gap year.