2022-2023 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL today:/ I don’t have a ton of experience with waitlists. Is it common to get an A after being waitlisted? I don’t know if it’s more of a formality, I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Members don't see this ad.

WL today:/ I don’t have a ton of experience with waitlists. Is it common to get an A after being waitlisted? I don’t know if it’s more of a formality, I don’t want to get my hopes up.
My guess is it depends on how many seats are available at this point or open up (when someone withdraws) and where you are ranked compared to others who are also on the wait list. There is still a chance and a WL is definitely better than a R.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got the complete email today. Secondary submitted in late October.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I completed back in September and just got the complete email :cryi: are my chances super low now?
I think realistically, our chances are super low now to even get a II. They have been giving out II and acceptances for a long time now and for most schools, this cycle is almost coming to an end. I wouldn’t hold my breath for a II but if we get it, then we’ll give it our all and hope for the best outcome.

Reactions: 2 users
I think realistically, our chances are super low now to even get a II. They have been giving out II and acceptances for a long time now and for most schools, this cycle is almost coming to an end. I wouldn’t hold my breath for a II but if we get it, then we’ll give it our all and hope for the best outcome.
Yeah that's what I thought too. It's really weird how I got a complete email so late into the cycle though LOL

Got the complete email today. Not sure if there is realistically any chance at this point.

Complete email received today. Finished secondary on Feb just because I had a fee waiver and time lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II rejection here too.

With so many of us getting rejected I wonder if all the seats are full.

Any accepted students know where we can access our student ID#? Or are they even available? Trying to fill out the SSN survey.

Thanx!

Anyone else get this email?

Thank you for your continued interest in MU-COM.

As you can imagine, there is a lot of admission activity at this time of the year—from final interviews to alternate list review. For this reason, MU-COM requires you to confirm your desire to remain on the alternate list.

To confirm your acceptance of the MU-COM Alternate List, go to the portal and click on the "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine" tab at the left menu bar, then the "Alternate List Confirmation" sub-tab along the left side of the page. When you do, you will see two options:

• Yes, I confirm my acceptance on the alternate list, which means you want to stay on the alternate list to be considered for admission, as spots come available after May 1st.
  • No, I do not confirm my place on the alternate list, which means that you want to withdraw your application for admission. In other words, you are no longer interested in MU-COM.
Please complete the confirmation now. Failure to complete the confirmation by March 26, 2023, will result in your application being withdrawn. If you have questions, or concerns or would like to change your confirmation status please contact me at [email protected].

I appreciate your patience with our process—and your continued interest in MU-COM.

Sincerely,

Richard Nussle, MPH
Associate Director of Admissions”
I did! Im hoping it means that they will be thinning out the WL and sending some spots soon!

I got an A here that I’m probably going to withdraw. Hoping the spot goes to one of you!

Withdrew my A and scholarship today! Hope it goes to another one of you awesome people! Fingers crossed and best of luck to y’all on the rest of the cycle!

On average how long does it take to hear back after the interview ?

On average how long does it take to hear back after the interview ?
My interview was on the third, expecting to hear tomorrow. I think is usually two weeks, but we were warned that spring break would probably make it at least an extra week

Anyone from the 3/3 interview group hear back yet?

seems to be taking longer than usual?
Yeah I thought they said acceptance calls usually went out around 1pm and I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten the “it’s going to be another week” email around 3pm the last two weeks. Not sure if they’re taking the whole day to get caught up or if something else happened because I would expect their business day to be almost over

I
Yeah I thought they said acceptance calls usually went out around 1pm and I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten the “it’s going to be another week” email around 3pm the last two weeks. Not sure if they’re taking the whole day to get caught up or if something else happened because I would expect their business day to be almost over
Right, I was expecting to hear back around 3 pm too. It says the office closes at 4:30… I was really hoping to hear back today 😩

just got the A call! Is there a group me or discord page?

Last edited:
  • Love
A call last Friday after my 03/24 interview. Any current students or alumni here that I could connect with regarding some questions?

A call last Friday after my 03/24 interview. Any current students or alumni here that I could connect with regarding some questions?
Hey! Congrats! Currently a second year at MU-COM and happy to answer any questions!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Check your emails! I just received a notification for scholarship selection at MUCOM!

Could another incoming student confirm that it's just the regular $500 seat deposit before tuition is due? I paid the deposit back in December and just confirmed my seat, but am a little nervous that I'm missing another deposit since some schools have two.

Could another incoming student confirm that it's just the regular $500 seat deposit before tuition is due? I paid the deposit back in December and just confirmed my seat, but am a little nervous that I'm missing another deposit since some schools have two.
I would email/call and check with admissions.

It's just one deposit. They would've sent out e-mails as reminders if there were more, they're pretty good with that. Just look at your offer checklist in the portal. Everything else is due July 15.