2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See y'all for residency interviews.

The only, tiny upside is that we don't have to follow the dress code now. Groutfits for med school it is.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know when waitlist decisions are announced/when waitlist movement usually begins? Too shook after this letter conundrum to look at prior threads:dead:

Reactions: 1 user
On the AZ thread, someone called and was told acceptances would go out all week (not getting my hopes up for that one, fool me once, Mayo, and all that) and that waitlist notifications would go out on MARCH 1st. Oh the waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve heard from an anonymous source that not all MN acceptances have been issued, but that all decisions should be known within the next week. Still treating this is a non-acceptance on my end, but I thought I’d share in case anyone was wondering.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve heard from an anonymous source that not all MN acceptances have been issued, but that all decisions should be known within the next week. Still treating this is a non-acceptance on my end, but I thought I’d share in case anyone was wondering.
Is this a reliable anonymous source? Lol

I'll see you guys at various medical conferences or in Rochester haha. One way or another I will hunt you buggers down.

Reactions: 4 users
Call mayo Admissions and repeat this
You first! And throw a little “I believe I should rank highly and fit intensely strong here” in there for me

My interviewer did say over the phone that they were beginning to make the first round of calls. Could mean another round soon or the second round may be the waitlist. I honestly don't know but want to give all of you as much info as I can.

You first! And throw a little “I believe I should rank highly and fit intensely strong here” in there for me
Hahah let’s just use that merged call plan from earlier and hype each other up to Admissions

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd consider myself an emotionally stable guy, but HOLY ****. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ROLLERCOASTER OF HOPES AND DREAMS GETTING CRUSHED THEN REVIVED :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I feel like I've gone through war and back with you peeps if anyone wants to connect on Instagram or snapchat or something so we can struggle through this process together feel free to hmu.

Hahah let’s just use that merged call plan from earlier and hype each other up to Admissions

I'm still on board with this :) Reminds me of being in high school when you'd call a friend, and then they'd call someone on three-way calling, and then they'd call someone and you'd have a whole group on the line. My summer camp friends and I used to do that to stay in touch during the year.

Man, I'm f'ing old. Prob why Mayo doesn't want me!

Hahaha,

I gave up personally. It’s been a lot easier to focus on other things now that I’ve just assumed no phone call will ever come my way.

Reactions: 6 users
Hahaha,

I gave up personally. It’s been a lot easier to focus on other things now that I’ve just assumed no phone call will ever come my way.
Very true. I woke up this morning feeling terrible about the situation, but telling myself it’s over has been oddly calming.

Very true. I woke up this morning feeling terrible about the situation, but telling myself it’s over has been oddly calming.

Ditto. I had a lot of mourning last night between Mayo silence and U of MN waitlist but kinda feel calmer and more lighthearted today. I just don't want to stop hanging out with you all on here is the thing!

I'm still on board with this :) Reminds me of being in high school when you'd call a friend, and then they'd call someone on three-way calling, and then they'd call someone and you'd have a whole group on the line. My summer camp friends and I used to do that to stay in touch during the year.

Man, I'm f'ing old. Prob why Mayo doesn't want me!

I remember these days!

Ditto. I had a lot of mourning last night between Mayo silence and U of MN waitlist but kinda feel calmer and more lighthearted today. I just don't want to stop hanging out with you all on here is the thing!
Perhaps the biggest tragedy is how few of us regulars made it. What has helped me a little bit is realizing that you want to go to a school that wants you. If they don’t want you, that’s their problem, not yours (especially considering most Mayo interviewees have options).

Perhaps the biggest tragedy is how few of us regulars made it. What has helped me a little bit is realizing that you want to go to a school that wants you. If they don’t want you, that’s their problem, not yours (especially considering most Mayo interviewees have options).

Welp. Here I am without any decisions this year so far lol. Waitlists for days

*Gets tattoo of Mayo on my forehead* "I would like to declare my permanent interest to Mayo."

Reactions: 13 users
*Gets tattoo of Mayo on my forehead* "I would like to declare my permanent interest to Mayo."
Take a picture and send it to the Admissions Office as a sign of your devotion. Don't forget to upload the photo here too! ;)

My reaction when not all acceptances are out.

e2a2867889e74c20da4a0df38be0ed388954d868c04d83d2e60040df15edc3c0.jpg

Maybe they meant March 1st for waitlist rankings, not just "hey you're waitlisted"? I can't remember if Mayo ranks their waitlist or not, but if not at least I had like 5 minutes of hope for closure before someone corrects me.

Maybe they meant March 1st for waitlist rankings, not just "hey you're waitlisted"? I can't remember if Mayo ranks their waitlist or not, but if not at least I had like 5 minutes of hope for closure before someone corrects me.

No rank! They pull people off according to who withdrew.

Hey guys, I just called up Wendy for some answers and she said that they were not done with acceptances and that some would go out today. Apparently it is dependent on the availability of the people calling so she doesn't have an exact date of when they will stop sending out acceptances. The only other thing I could find out was that by mid-next week everyone should have a final decision, whether it be accepted, waitlisted or rejected.

I'm pulling for you guys, I hope you get some good news soon. This particular process has been quite painful.

Reactions: 10 users
Ok guys, I just called Wendy and asked on behalf of all of you because the wait is literally driving me nuts too. She says that there are still some acceptance calls to be made for the MN campus and that they're hoping to finish those TODAY. Also, she HOPES they'll have a waitlist by middle of next week.

Reactions: 7 users
Ok guys, I just called Wendy and asked on behalf of all of you because the wait is literally driving me nuts too. She says that there are still some acceptance calls to be made for the MN campus and that they're hoping to finish those TODAY. Also, she HOPES they'll have a waitlist by middle of next week.

Christ almighty....

Hey guys, I just called up Wendy for some answers and she said that they were not done with acceptances and that some would go out today. Apparently it is dependent on the availability of the people calling so she doesn't have an exact date of when they will stop sending out acceptances. The only other thing I could find out was that by mid-next week everyone should have a final decision, whether it be accepted, waitlisted or rejected.

I'm pulling for you guys, I hope you get some good news soon. This particular process has been quite painful.
Let’s give it up for this hero right here! :clap:Thanks for calling and reporting for all to see.

Why did I keep checking SDN today? I was so content since last night knowing it was over, but now I'm starting to worry again. My expectations are basically nonexistent, but still.

Reactions: 8 users
Why did I keep checking SDN today? I was so content since last night knowing it was over, but now I'm starting to worry again. My expectations are basically nonexistent, but still.
Same here. Checking back was a big mistake.

Would she happen to have mentioned anything about 2+2? Also, thank you for calling!

I am in the midst of a two-day forced exile from SDN (driving and meetings) but was "rewarded" with a call last night (received personal and generic emails, for those keeping score). While I'm happy and humbled, I'm hopeful that the next few days - or months, if that's what it takes - will bring good news to all of you wonderful, helpful, and funny people on this thread!

Reactions: 10 users
jeez these past two weeks have felt like one of their behavioral questions.... "how would you deal with shifting emotions as calls get rescheduled / pushed back multiple times???"
honestly tho thought we were done last night

Umm it's eeerily quiet in here where did everyone go

I feel like people are waiting without hope at this point... I'm in that boat :(
Yep, I'm just waiting till 8 pm Central time so i can crawl into the bath again with a bag of chocolate chips and stare at the ceiling for 2 hours.

Reactions: 7 users
Personally I’ve made peace with the decision for the most part. Still, shame on Mayo for their misleading emails whose only aim seems to be to invite groveling.

Don’t let this decision define your self worth people. There are many excellent medical schools, and most of you will have equal if not better opportunities. As a wise poster on reddit said recently, Mayo not accepting you is their loss, not yours.