2017-2018 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we think more acceptances are coming out this week? Or will it be more waiting for us that didn't hear back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My girlfriend just got off the waitlist and got accepted! Hopefully I hear back as well :/

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted by email 10:31AM. Feels good man. For everyone still on the waitlist, last year there seemed to be a wave of acceptances around May 16th and then another around June 1st. You guys have been super helpful so thanks all!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist at 9:25 am yesterday. Interviewed in mid-September.

Reactions: 5 users
What is the address to send transcripts? The email says it’s at the bottom of the email, but it is not there.

Medical College of Georgia Office of Admissions
AA2040 1120 15th Street Augusta GA 30912

What is the address to send transcripts? The email says it’s at the bottom of the email, but it is not there.

Just accepted off the waitlist this afternoon! Interviewed at the Athens campus in mid Feb. If I have accepted a spot from another school, does anyone know the protocol of how much time I have allotted to hold onto both acceptances. The reason is because my desire to go to mcg is sort of contingent on getting my preference of Athens campus. Or since it’s past May 1st, will I have to immediately decline my first school’s offer once I accept MCG’s?

Reactions: 1 users
Just accepted off the waitlist this afternoon! Interviewed at the Athens campus in mid Feb. If I have accepted a spot from another school, does anyone know the protocol of how much time I have allotted to hold onto both acceptances. The reason is because my desire to go to mcg is sort of contingent on getting my preference of Athens campus. Or since it’s past May 1st, will I have to immediately decline my first school’s offer once I accept MCG’s?
5 days but I would definitely keep it below that just in case. Also, I would just send the school an email asking about the limit just to be 100% sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted off the waiting list, how long did it take for you to hear back about your campus assignment?

For those who have been accepted off the waiting list, how long did it take for you to hear back about your campus assignment?

Long time lurker here, but I was accepted 3/23 and have not received a campus assignment. There are a couple other people on SDN that were accepted pre-wait list who also have not received an assignment.

Last edited:
For everyone else who was accepted off the waitlist:

Besides mailing in the deposit with the enclosed acceptance form and uploading the updated technical standards to the document tab, is there anything else we need to communicate with them to hold our spot?

Just randomly checked my pounce account and saw that loan awards were posted. Anyone know if scholarship notifications have gone out too? This whole financial aid thing is confusing to me and stressing me out lol.

Just randomly checked my pounce account and saw that loan awards were posted. Anyone know if scholarship notifications have gone out too? This whole financial aid thing is confusing to me and stressing me out lol.

Same. I am a little confused about the financial aid information. It says I need to complete entrance counseling and the master promissory note using the Requirements link provided but I did not see a link in the portal.

Same. I am a little confused about the financial aid information. It says I need to complete entrance counseling and the master promissory note using the Requirements link provided but I did not see a link in the portal.
Log in to your Pounce account > Financial Aid > Award > Award for Aid Year > 2018/2019 > Accept Award Offer

After you accept your award, scroll down and you will see "Unsatisfied Disbursement Requirements". Clicking the blue headings of each loan type will open up a tab to the student loan website where you complete your entrance counseling and MPN. Make sure you select Augusta University as the school to be notified that you have completed each. Also, make sure you are completing as a graduate/professional student.

Hope that helps!

My college doesn’t have MCG as an option for electronically sending an official transcript, but it says they can send it over email. Will MCG accept an official transcript over email? I feel like I read somewhere that they won’t, but I’m not sure.

My college doesn’t have MCG as an option for electronically sending an official transcript, but it says they can send it over email. Will MCG accept an official transcript over email? I feel like I read somewhere that they won’t, but I’m not sure.
Yes, I already emailed them about this and they said yes. The stdadmin email.

Has anyone one who sent their deposit last week not received their confirmation e-mail yet?

Has anyone one who sent their deposit last week not received their confirmation e-mail yet?
Yeah i've had a ton of problems with USPS, they refuse to deliver my package with the deposit and will only allow pickup. I called admissions and they were understanding. I would just call and ask to see if they received it, they seemed pretty lenient about it. I'm resending mine through UPS

Yeah i've had a ton of problems with USPS, they refuse to deliver my package with the deposit and will only allow pickup. I called admissions and they were understanding. I would just call and ask to see if they received it, they seemed pretty lenient about it. I'm resending mine through UPS

I just called them and they said they it had arrived but they have a large pile of deposits, so at least it's there! I was getting a little worried as USPS said it was delivered, and it's hitting the 1 week deadline they posed in the e-mail. I believe we're just waiting on the associate dean of admissions to go through the pile now and send the e-mails. Good luck with UPS though!

Just got assigned Athens! Exactly what I was hoping for :)

Reactions: 4 users

I have no idea if they have more to give, but I do know that they sent out some merit scholarships in late April

If we already had a background check with a GA school do we have to fill out the Georgia release form again for mcg and do we write Augusta university or mcg on it?
Do we recieve a confirmation that we passed it or is getting your campus assignment proof of passing it?
Thank you!

1:21 PM 3/10/18 Acceptance email. FIRST EVER. IS THIS REAL? :nailbiting::D

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Do we have any idea how much waitlist movement there’s been?

Anyone who got assigned to the athens campus, any recommendations on apartments?

Anyone who got assigned to the athens campus, any recommendations on apartments?

There’s an Athens group on Facebook as well. It’s linked in a post somewhere within the MCG 2022 group. They said they would post soon about apartments to live at around Athens. I’ve been waiting myself for that.

To accepted students: how much are you pulling in loans? What's your monthly rent/utility expense budget? Just trying to get someone else's view

Reactions: 2 users
To accepted students: how much are you pulling in loans? What's your monthly rent/utility expense budget? Just trying to get someone else's view
I’m taking out the max for the year which is about 64k. I’m living in elm hall so rent and utilities is like 900+ per month. But previously i was looking to live alone in an apartment was budgeting about 1500 per month for rent, utilities, and personal expenses/other bills. I hope this helps a little, but financial aid has a full breakdown by category of what they think you should budget for the year which you can ask for.

I’m taking out the max for the year which is about 64k. I’m living in elm hall so rent and utilities is like 900+ per month. But previously i was looking to live alone in an apartment was budgeting about 1500 per month for rent, utilities, and personal expenses/other bills. I hope this helps a little, but financial aid has a full breakdown by category of what they think you should budget for the year which you can ask for.
cool! Thank you! I just received my financial aid award letter and i received about 43k in unsubsidized loans. So does that mean I have to apply for gradplus for the rest thats unmet? Is 43 in unsubsidized the usual amount?

Last edited:
accepted off of waitlist today! most likely going to reject it so best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
cool! Thank you! I just received my financial aid award letter and i received about 43k in unsubsidized loans. So does that mean I have to apply for gradplus for the rest thats unmet? Is 43 in unsubsidized the usual amount?
Yep! I also got 43 from unsubsizidied loans. An additional 22 can get received from the grad plus.

Has anyone done the insurance waiver and can point me in the right direction? I am on one page that say Step 1- Student Validation but what is the student Id (jag id? I put it in and it didnt work) dont know if Im in the right place

Has anyone done the insurance waiver and can point me in the right direction? I am on one page that say Step 1- Student Validation but what is the student Id (jag id? I put it in and it didnt work) dont know if Im in the right place
I'm not sure about the insurance waiver, but the student ID is found on Pounce. Go to the Personal Information tab and then click "Display your Student ID Number"

I'm not sure about the insurance waiver, but the student ID is found on Pounce. Go to the Personal Information tab and then click "Display your Student ID Number"

Thanks!

I asked about this and the person said the insurance waiver opens usually from June 4 to September 14. I was going to follow up in the first week.

I asked about this and the person said the insurance waiver opens usually from June 4 to September 14. I was going to follow up in the first week.

Oh! That's strange. Perhaps I am looking at the one for the undergrad students? I will have to double check later.

I will be in Augusta, but I just lived in Athens for 4 years going to UGA. For apartments, on the pricier side, I would recommend The Standard, The Mark, GA Heights, Uncommon - (all downtown, but they're more expensive than most). Some cheaper options to consider: The Lodge, Athens Ridge, River Club - these are on average a little further from health sciences campus, but I think are cheaper on average.

If you have roommates, I'd also recommend looking into houses. I lived in a house for 2 years on strickland ave, which is pretty close to campus, in a brand new house for 525/month. I know some houses you can find in the 450/month range if you have people to split with. These are just some ideas to consider. Feel free to hit me with any specific questions and I'll answer if I can