2017-2018 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still not have their transcripts shown as received?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still not have their transcripts shown as received?
Yep.. I called the office weeks ago and asked to make sure I sent them to the right address. The lady told me the address was correct and even took down my name and told me they would keep an eye out for my transcripts....but still nothing.

Yep.. I called the office weeks ago and asked to make sure I sent them to the right address. The lady told me the address was correct and even took down my name and told me they would keep an eye out for my transcripts....but still nothing.
Same, I sent mine electronically, twice. I guess they're just slow moving

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back from the waitlist in the last week?

How long does it usually take for transcripts to go from "received" to "processed/final" because mine have been marked received for like ~10 days

Think any more movement is coming? Or is it time to move on

Think any more movement is coming? Or is it time to move on
There will probably be a little movement over the summer, but I would go ahead and re-apply if you are going to. This time last year I was on the WL and submitted by primary application.

I was accepted off the wait-list on Friday June 1! There is still hope for all of you! I interviewed in October and was about to submit my reapplication for next year. :)

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted off the wait-list on Friday June 1! There is still hope for all of you! I interviewed in October and was about to submit my reapplication for next year. :)
Congrats!! Did you do anything in between such as talking to anyone from admissions, updates, etc. that you think helped your chances?

Congrats!! Did you do anything in between such as talking to anyone from admissions, updates, etc. that you think helped your chances?

I didn't send any updates other than my transcripts from Spring semester, I just waited and waited impatiently LOL

How long does it usually take for transcripts to go from "received" to "processed/final" because mine have been marked received for like ~10 days
Mine has been marked as received since April so I think it takes some time to process.

would I be right in assuming that we have a less than 2% chance of getting off the wait list at this point?

would I be right in assuming that we have a less than 2% chance of getting off the wait list at this point?
I cannot tell you the exact chance you have, but speaking from experience I would go forward with backup plans. I know how it feels to wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my application from MCG. Good luck to all and I wish you the best.

Any updates lately?
Pretty sure the class is full, save some last minute hiccups if people can’t get immunizations/financial aid for arbitrary reasons

Does anyone know when financial aid money will actually be sent to our bank accounts so we can spend some of the money?

Does anyone know when financial aid money will actually be sent to our bank accounts so we can spend some of the money?
A friend of mine that's an M2 told me it takes 1-2 weeks after classes start. I'm hoping he's misremembering, so if anyone else can confirm/deny this that'd be great.

A friend of mine that's an M2 told me it takes 1-2 weeks after classes start. I'm hoping he's misremembering, so if anyone else can confirm/deny this that'd be great.
My wife, who is currently in pharmacy school, usually gets her refund sometime during the first two weeks of classes.

My transcript recently went from "received" to "missing". Anyone else had this issue?

I asked financial aid this a few weeks ago. Loans disperse August 10th but she said to give it about a week to show up in your bank/mailbox, so August 17