You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Michigan State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS applicant....haven't heard anything...i don't recall anyone mentioning the specific date we will hear back...i just saw on the website the earliest they will send out acceptances is oct. 18 (oct. 4 for ED im assuming)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yep! this onethis might help
Just got a call and I'm accepted! IS, interviewed 9/29 in Lansing
9/18 Grand Rapids interview, got a call yesterday evening that I was in. I recall being told that decisions would be 'sent out' Oct. 19th, so I'm guessing the emails/portal changes will arrive then.
+2 to everything you said 😀Just got a call and I'm accepted! IS, interviewed 9/29 in Lansing
+3+2 to everything you said 😀
what time did you all hear back?
phone call at 6pm yesterday, 9/18 interviewwhat time did you all hear back?
That's awesome, congratulations!
alternate list 6/18 interview
Does anyone remember what they said about wait list?? i remember the stats were pretty bad
I know last year they said no one got off the waitlist 🙁. I think it's usually only a few people
Does anyone remember what they said about wait list?? i remember the stats were pretty bad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't mean to bring up bad feelings but do you think you could comment on why you believe you were waitlisted? Did the interview not go well? Congrats on receiving the interview though! Feedback would be really appreciated.alternate list 6/18 interview
I thought that the interview went well and the MMI was a breeze. I think in the end it just came back to my MCAT score being too low. It was lower than their average so I was surprised I even got an interview.I don't mean to bring up bad feelings but do you think you could comment on why you believe you were waitlisted? Did the interview not go well? Congrats on receiving the interview though! Feedback would be really appreciated.
I have my interview here next week and think I'm a strong interviewer, but I'm kind of nervous too because my MCAT isn't the highest (506). Best of luck to you with the rest of the admissions process.I thought that the interview went well and the MMI was a breeze. I think in the end it just came back to my MCAT score being too low. It was lower than their average so I was surprised I even got an interview.
Anyone from oct 9 hear back?
Not yet, but probably within the next weekAnyone from oct 9 hear back?
II this morning, complete mid-September!
Interview just now.. Was completed August 4th
Are you guys IS or OOS?II this morning, complete mid-September!
II this morning, complete early August
What are ur stats? If you dont mind...Interview just now.. Was completed August 4th
Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile
ISAre you guys IS or OOS?
OOSAre you guys IS or OOS?
G
3.2 and 502
For those who were accepted, when filling out the dean's certification form, did you just put your AMCAS ID for student number?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ISAre you guys IS or OOS?
Any general interview advice? This is my dream school and my interview is Friday.
Any general interview advice? This is my dream school and my interview is Friday.
Just be yourself. 🙂 My interview was really casual, and the MMI structure was frightening going in because I had no idea what to expect, but it actually ended up being fun. I would say carefully consider all aspects of questions, but make sure you let your own thoughts and opinions shine through.
The med student I interviewed with was really friendly and welcomed all questions, so that also put me at ease.
Just got an acceptance phone call! Interviewed on 10/9
Just got an acceptance phone call! Interviewed on 10/9
Nice congrats!! Has your portal been updated? Also what was the conversation like?
The portal isn't updated, and the person on the phone just told me they had finished meeting on my file minutes prior and I'll get an email later this weekNice congrats!! Has your portal been updated? Also what was the conversation like?
Just got an II!
when were you complete? congrats
8/7! ISwhen were you complete? congrats
Anyone who interviewed hear back tonight yet?
Received my acceptance a week ago! Super excited! Good luck everyone!
I interviewed 10/9 and no news for me yetAnyone else from the 9/29 interview not hear back yet? I thought today would be the day since I didn't hear from them last week but I'm still waiting.
I doInterview date was scheduled for 12/4 at the GR campus. Anyone have the same date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I doInterview date was scheduled for 12/4 at the GR campus. Anyone have the same date?
for anyone who got on the alternate list, what do u include in a Letter of intent? I am not sure if i should put activities in there or put that separately on the portal?
I got a phone call tonight that I was accepted!!!! I'm IS and interviewed on Oct 9. This is so exciting and I still can't believe that I'm going to be a doctor. I keep repeating it to myself but it just isn't getting through. I'm wishing everyone else the very best of luck!
I got a phone call tonight that I was accepted!!!! I'm IS and interviewed on Oct 9. This is so exciting and I still can't believe that I'm going to be a doctor. I keep repeating it to myself but it just isn't getting through. I'm wishing everyone else the very best of luck!
Congrats! I didn't expect them to call on a Monday night. At my interview, we were told that we'd get calls on Tuesdays, unless they review EL and GR interviewees separately..Mind me asking where did you interview?
I'm in! Got a call last night. Interviewed 10/23 in GR. I am still in disbelief!