2017-2018 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm trying to get the checklist done before I leave the country for 2 months. A lot of it cannot be completed yet because we do not have access to evalue. Does anyone know what to do in this case? I am also worried that I will not be in the country/have access to internet when the drug screen is sent out via email... I do not want to miss it and fail to matriculate. Do you guys have any suggestions? Has anyone been through a similar situation?

I am in a similar situation. I talked to admissions and they said everything, aside from the random drug test, will be sent out in early May. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any decisions for April interviewees ?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the waitlist, good luck in the coming weeks! here's to all 30 of the ranked waitlist spots going to us!

Reactions: 1 users
For those on the waitlist, good luck in the coming weeks! here's to all 30 of the ranked waitlist spots going to us!
When did you interview and when did you find out that you were on the waitlist?

The status finally changed on my portal and I was waitlisted :( I interviewed on April 13th.

I'm in the same boat. Do we know when they rank the waitlist?
I don't remember them telling us that on interview day, but apparently people were notified of their top 30 status on May 14th last year.

My decision says offer!!! I just got the acceptance call too!! My hands are literally shaking

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted! Interviewed 4/13. My third waitlist spot this cycle.

Just received a missed call and a voice mail from PNWU yesterday (5/1) and I am in! Now I have to choose between LECOM-Erie and PNWU. Could someone who has attended PNWU give some pros and cons about the school please? I am currently residing in Washington state, so going to LECOM will require a move across the country. On the other hand, the tuition at LECOM is about 20K chepaer per year. Howeve, PNWU is my primary choice of school and I’m so thrilled that I’ve been accepted.

Just received a missed call and a voice mail from PNWU yesterday (5/1) and I am in! Now I have to choose between LECOM-Erie and PNWU. Could someone who has attended PNWU give some pros and cons about the school please? I am currently residing in Washington state, so going to LECOM will require a move across the country. On the other hand, the tuition at LECOM is about 20K chepaer per year. Howeve, PNWU is my primary choice of school and I’m so thrilled that I’ve been accepted.
80k plus interest saved may be worth it, especially with LECOMs relationship with the Allegheny healthcare system for rotations. That being said, I’m reslly interested in going to this school too, but I’m on the waitlist here with another acceptance elsewhere... have you tried posting a x school vs y school on the forums?

80k plus interest saved may be worth it, especially with LECOMs relationship with the Allegheny healthcare system for rotations. That being said, I’m reslly interested in going to this school too, but I’m on the waitlist here with another acceptance elsewhere... have you tried posting a x school vs y school on the forums?
No I have not, I will do that in a bit. Thank you for your feedback.

Got the call yesterday! Interviewed April 6th. Soooooo excited to start. Also still on the waitlist at another school, hoping to find out yes or no from them soon so I can make a final decision. Good look to everyone still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call yesterday! Interviewed April 6th. Soooooo excited to start. Also still on the waitlist at another school, hoping to find out yes or no from them soon so I can make a final decision. Good look to everyone still waiting to hear!
Congratulations!

By the way, I interviewed on 4/6 as well. ;) we probably have met during the orientation. I was group 3C.

Waitlisted! Interviewed 4/13. My third waitlist spot this cycle.
don't lose hope! i was waitlisted 3 times before I got my first acceptance and I just got off the waitlist for another school. Send letters of intents and any pertinent updates.

don't lose hope! i was waitlisted 3 times before I got my first acceptance and I just got off the waitlist for another school. Send letters of intents and any pertinent updates.
You can still send updates? I took a medical terminology class just Winter term and didn't update my application on that. Not sure how much help that would be.

You can still send updates? I took a medical terminology class just Winter term and didn't update my application on that. Not sure how much help that would be.
you can just email with updates and they'll add it to your profile + it'll give them another chance to look at your application. i say anything related to your science GPA or improving your cGPA or medically related is important to update with

That's my plan, I prepared my letters yesterday :) Thank you for the support!!!

Congratulations! Is this your only acceptance?
No, I have another acceptance that I'm considering as well. I really liked PNWU, but I'll have more support from family if I attend SOMA in Arizona.

No, I have another acceptance that I'm considering as well. I really liked PNWU, but I'll have more support from family if I attend SOMA in Arizona.
Is the price difference significant for you? Ultimately you got to decide which place you would feel most comfortable and happiest. Chances are your academic experience at the two would be very similar so you should focus on what you think would be best for your home life, whether that be putting yourself closer to a family support system or putting yourself in a place you really liked.

Has anyone gotten access to E*Value or the trainings (HIPAA, Title IX, etc) or even the criminal background check. The most recent email said we would get information for E*Value by the end of April and the CBC mid-April. The training modules were planned for the beginning of May, so that wouldn't be too far off hopefully. Figured I'd ask others before sending admissions an email like I'm sure many have already done.

*edit: information was sent just today lol

Last edited:
I don't remember them telling us that on interview day, but apparently people were notified of their top 30 status on May 14th last year.

I just talked to Joy from admissions and she said that they haven't yet tabulated the waitlist yet, but would send out an update next week. Fingers crossed that the letter of intent I sent out helps.

I just talked to Joy from admissions and she said that they haven't yet tabulated the waitlist yet, but would send out an update next week. Fingers crossed that the letter of intent I sent out helps.

Thanks for the update! I think it goes without saying, but if anyone gets a top 30 email then please post about it on this thread so that we can all know that the waitlist is ranked!

Hi guys :) I'm on the waitlist from an April interview as well. Fingers crossed the update Devinhoo mentioned is positive! I have read that in years past there has been quite a bit of waitlist movement, so I hope this year is no different. Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist and congrats to those already in!

I got a top 30 waitlist email earlier today. Has anyone gotten a top 10 email, or are they still working on getting the full rankings figured out?

Okay thanks, that gives me a better idea for where I stand. I have heard that the waitlist typically sees a lot of movement, so good luck to all of us!
Yes they said on my interview day that they take approximately 30 off the waitlist.. good luck to all of us

I also got a Top 10 email yesterday. Go us! And good luck to everyone! I have my fingers crossed for all of you through this process, I know it's stressful! When I get another update I will let you all know.

Got a top 30 email. I was looking through old threads to try and figure out odds but there isn't a ton of info on it. This school is my personal top choice because of the people I met while interviewing, but I'd like to know soon (mostly because I'm nervous)! Anyone have any ideas on whether the top 30 are usually admitted? Or when the latest we'd know by is? Congrats to everyone who is already in, and those who were waitlisted and even rejected. Just getting through the application process is formidable!

Got a top 30 email. I was looking through old threads to try and figure out odds but there isn't a ton of info on it. This school is my personal top choice because of the people I met while interviewing, but I'd like to know soon (mostly because I'm nervous)! Anyone have any ideas on whether the top 30 are usually admitted? Or when the latest we'd know by is? Congrats to everyone who is already in, and those who were waitlisted and even rejected. Just getting through the application process is formidable!
It depends on the year, mostly, if we'll get in from the top 30. Last year there were a few who did, but it can vary based on how long people take to make their decisions, where else people got accepted and if they decide to go elsewhere, etc. I'm so right there with you on the waiting part haha but the school can take up until the last day before orientation to call with an offer (so August 7 this round). I think they do send out updates to people once they make it to the top 10. It's going to be super hard to enjoy the summer and wait around for a phone call!

Last edited:
So the odds are really against you at this point if you didn't get a top 30 email I assume?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance tonight or tomorrow so good luck to whoever gets it. I loved the school, students and faculty but it is too far away from home for me. I will miss the weather which I enjoyed for a day.

Reactions: 2 users
It depends on the year, mostly, if we'll get in from the top 30. Last year there were a few who did, but it can vary based on how long people take to make their decisions, where else people got accepted and if they decide to go elsewhere, etc. I'm so right there with you on the waiting part haha but the school can take up until the last day before orientation to call with an offer (so August 7 this round). I think they do send out updates to people once they make it to the top 10. It's going to be super hard to enjoy the summer and wait around for a phone call!
When you say a few, where do you get that estimate? The email from Hope indicating that there may only be waitlist spots seemed to suggest that they tend to accept about 30 from the waitlist.

When you say a few, where do you get that estimate? The email from Hope indicating that there may only be waitlist spots seemed to suggest that they tend to accept about 30 from the waitlist.
I looked at last year's thread and only saw one person say they were originally top 30 who got accepted. Obviously this is a limited source, and we don't know exactly where he was on the list. One of the students I know from last year's class did say that a lot of his classmates were accepted from the waitlist, but he doesn't know where they were ranked. I think they rank through 30 because in the past they have needed that many to fill the class, but that doesn't guarantee that they will have space for us this year even though we are top 30.

I don't know if I'm explaining it the way I want, but being top 30 means we can be anywhere from #11 on the list to #30. The odds of getting in are definitely higher if you are higher on the list, but since we don't have the exact rankings, it's hard to say whether being top 30 means we will get an offer or not. They do update as they go and let people know when they have reached the top 10 of the waitlist, so that gives you a better idea of when you might be getting an offer.

Withdrew recently- congrats to anyone that gets a call!

Does anyone know when the waitlist movement starts ?

Does anyone know when the waitlist movement starts ?
I want to say that everyone who was offered on May 1 had two weeks to decide. So we should start seeing some movement as soon as today, as far as I know.