Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll take it![]()
Haha yeah but I won't be going. Got into a school I rank above this one. Just made me laugh....months of silence and then I withdraw and then boom II
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll take it![]()
Haha I have had months of silence as wellHaha yeah but I won't be going. Got into a school I rank above this one. Just made me laugh....months of silence and then I withdraw and then boom II

Haha I have had months of silence as well![]()
Did you email them to withdraw? I didn't see a withdraw option on the portal.Haha yeah but I won't be going. Got into a school I rank above this one. Just made me laugh....months of silence and then I withdraw and then boom II
Did you email them to withdraw? I didn't see a withdraw option on the portal.
oh ok, i emailed them too but i still havent received a response. did you email anyone in particular or just the admissions email?Yes, email.
oh ok, i emailed them too but i still havent received a response. did you email anyone in particular or just the admissions email?
oh loll they sent you an II right after 😀Admissions...but it obviously didn't take hahaha
You walk a lot-they give you a tour of the whole hospital so packing flats is a good ideaQuestion for anyone who has interviewed, how long is the walking portion of the morning? Wondering if I need to pack flats or not lol.
+1 hold
Is it weird to not have a hold or rejection email?
In the same boat. Not sure what it means but from looking at last years thread, it was positive actually!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+3, Just received a hold email this morning. Would love to know odds of actually receiving an invitation to interview??+2 I also got a hold email. In February?? They can't have that many interview spots left. Just do me a favor and reject me. I'd like to be in limbo with one less school.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 hold
+2 I also got a hold email. In February?? They can't have that many interview spots left. Just do me a favor and reject me. I'd like to be in limbo with one less school.
+3, Just received a hold email this morning. Would love to know odds of actually receiving an invitation to interview??
I would rather be outright rejected than put on hold until they have time to send out the mass rejection emailOOS, LM 66, complete in October and I just got a hold email. I'm just happy that this isn't an outright rejection!
Complete on 9/5When were you guys complete?
How do you know that? Lol I’m worried they just haven’t even looked at my file or somethingno hold and no rejection is positive
I'm pretty sure it is just official transcripts.Does this school accept updates/letters of intent? And how?
No hold, I presume?II this morning. There is still hope!
Congrats!! Were you previously on hold? And do you mind sharing stats?II this morning. There is still hope!
Lizzy M approx. 69- 72. I was never on hold. However, my application was complete at the end of July.
I only saw two dates available so my conclusion is that I am coming in for someone else that cancelled.
IS or OOS?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also haven’t heard anything since the end of July so I hope that’s good news for me too lol congrats!Lizzy M approx. 69- 72. I was never on hold. However, my application was complete at the end of July.
I only saw two dates available so my conclusion is that I am coming in for someone else that cancelled.
I also haven’t heard anything since the end of July so I hope that’s good news for me too lol congrats!
Congrats on the acceptance!!! I got accepted on the same day as you!! I made a SDN thread specifically for the Class of 2022 so if you want to post anything, here's the link! MD - Penn State (PSU) College of Medicine Class of 2022 Thread!ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy
🙂 I interviewed on 12/1. Good luck everyone!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Congrats on the acceptance! I am super excited too! I got the acceptance on the 2nd as well!! I made a SDN thread specifically for the Class of 2022 so if you want to post anything, here's the link! MD - Penn State (PSU) College of Medicine Class of 2022 Thread!ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed mid November
Best of luck to those still waiting for responses or have interviews coming up! I personally did not have any specific school in mind when I began applying but after interviewing at Penn State, I loved the facilities, atmosphere, humanities program, people, and everything about the school! So, to pump up the excitement, I created an SDN Post for those who were also accepted so please check it out!! MD - Penn State (PSU) College of Medicine Class of 2022 Thread!So... if you haven't gotten an email, or any updates, that's a good thing?
Been checking my email, junk mail and portal status furiously.
did you see a portal update for your II as well? my email clears out the spam box really quickly :/Good idea, my II went to my junk folder.
did you see a portal update for your II as well? my email clears out the spam box really quickly :/
I was complete 8/7, OOS. Looks like Penn State isn't going to be an option for this guy! Congratulations. I have an interview coming up soon, any tips for the interview day. I'm OOS and I'll be flying in, but I don't know any relatively cheap but good options for a place to stay.OOS. LizzyM ~ 62-69. Completed in October. Interviewed Mid-December. Accepted 02/02/2018!!Best of luck to those still waiting for responses or have interviews coming up! I personally did not have any specific school in mind when I began applying but after interviewing at Penn State, I loved the facilities, atmosphere, humanities program, people, and everything about the school! So, to pump up the excitement, I created an SDN Post for those who were also accepted so please check it out!! MD - Penn State (PSU) College of Medicine Class of 2022 Thread!
I stayed at the Days Inn Hershey. Pretty cheap, good rooms, free breakfast, and they have a shuttle to the hospital/med school if you ask at the front desk.Congratulations. I have an interview coming up soon, any tips for the interview day. I'm OOS and I'll be flying in, but I don't know any relatively cheap but good options for a place to stay.
Absolutely not a stressful interview so don't worry about anything. I'd prepare for the usual why medicine/why penn state although I wasn't asked either of those questions in any of my interviews. One interviewer just had me ask him questions the entire time and another asked me about my research and flipped through my AMCAS application. Very conversational just relax and be yourself.Congratulations. I have an interview coming up soon, any tips for the interview day. I'm OOS and I'll be flying in, but I don't know any relatively cheap but good options for a place to stay.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.