2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2 I also got a hold email. In February?? They can't have that many interview spots left. Just do me a favor and reject me. I'd like to be in limbo with one less school.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+3, Just received a hold email this morning. Would love to know odds of actually receiving an invitation to interview??
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
Lizzy M approx. 69- 72. I was never on hold. However, my application was complete at the end of July.

I only saw two dates available so my conclusion is that I am coming in for someone else that cancelled.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS. LizzyM ~ 62-69. Completed in October. Interviewed Mid-December. Accepted 02/02/2018!! :soexcited: Best of luck to those still waiting for responses or have interviews coming up! I personally did not have any specific school in mind when I began applying but after interviewing at Penn State, I loved the facilities, atmosphere, humanities program, people, and everything about the school! So, to pump up the excitement, I created an SDN Post for those who were also accepted so please check it out!! MD - Penn State (PSU) College of Medicine Class of 2022 Thread!
 
Hey guys! Congrats to those who have been accepted to Penn State. Penn State is a great school with the best atmosphere/people out of any school I looked at - it is what swayed me and many of my classmates toward coming here. I do not regret my choice one bit even though it is a bit out in the woods. For those who have been accepted, I am uploading your course schedule for your first year. I am sharing this with you because it is something the Office of Medical Education does not provide to incoming students for some reason. The school has taken a lot of feedback and places your exams at very nice points, so you can enjoy breaks to the fullest without having to worry about school. FYI, this is just a prelim schedule and does change frequently. I don't know if they put your start date on your acceptance materials, but the current start date on the calendar is the same time school started for the current MS1 class. I know your first year starts a bit early, but trust me when I say that you will be thankful for it! The first three weeks are just to meet your classmates and have a lot of fun while integrating into the Penn State family. I think the time built into orientation and Principles of Medicine (POM) are part of what enables our community-life/atmosphere to be so great because we get a lot of much time to spend with each other without the stress of school and we are all able to build some solid relationships at the school. I am one of the social chairs of the first year class so those who are matriculating will be hearing from me and the other social chairs in the next couple of months. I really hope Penn State is at the top of your list and you choose to attend.
 

Attachments

So... if you haven't gotten an email, or any updates, that's a good thing?

Been checking my email, junk mail and portal status furiously.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the pre-interview "on hold" email, which is bananas given that it's mid-February :eyebrow: I was complete 8/7, OOS. Looks like Penn State isn't going to be an option for this guy!

I also think it's kind of annoying that they don't accept updates. Especially for those taking taking gap years, quite a bit may happen after application submission that schools wouldn't know about.
 
OOS. LizzyM ~ 62-69. Completed in October. Interviewed Mid-December. Accepted 02/02/2018!! :soexcited: Best of luck to those still waiting for responses or have interviews coming up! I personally did not have any specific school in mind when I began applying but after interviewing at Penn State, I loved the facilities, atmosphere, humanities program, people, and everything about the school! So, to pump up the excitement, I created an SDN Post for those who were also accepted so please check it out!! MD - Penn State (PSU) College of Medicine Class of 2022 Thread!
Congratulations. I have an interview coming up soon, any tips for the interview day. I'm OOS and I'll be flying in, but I don't know any relatively cheap but good options for a place to stay.
 
Congratulations. I have an interview coming up soon, any tips for the interview day. I'm OOS and I'll be flying in, but I don't know any relatively cheap but good options for a place to stay.
I stayed at the Days Inn Hershey. Pretty cheap, good rooms, free breakfast, and they have a shuttle to the hospital/med school if you ask at the front desk.
 
Congratulations. I have an interview coming up soon, any tips for the interview day. I'm OOS and I'll be flying in, but I don't know any relatively cheap but good options for a place to stay.
Absolutely not a stressful interview so don't worry about anything. I'd prepare for the usual why medicine/why penn state although I wasn't asked either of those questions in any of my interviews. One interviewer just had me ask him questions the entire time and another asked me about my research and flipped through my AMCAS application. Very conversational just relax and be yourself.