2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted by letter via mail but no portal change yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted by letter via mail but no portal change yet. Has this happened to anyone else?
It happens sometimes especially if you live a closer distance to the school. I’m sure the link will appear later. When did you get the letter?

Anyone here still looking for housing? I'm trying to find a roommate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone post-interview not received a decision yet? I interviewed 3/28, I live in Philly, and haven't received any mail and my portal looks the same since my interview. I'm honestly just losing all hope and accepting this is a silent rejection...

Accepted off the waitlist, tough decision but will be withdrawing my spot. Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone post-interview not received a decision yet? I interviewed 3/28, I live in Philly, and haven't received any mail and my portal looks the same since my interview. I'm honestly just losing all hope and accepting this is a silent rejection...

Never mind, they waitlisted me 2 weeks after my interview but sent the letter to my old address! So, what was the point of me giving you my current address on interview day?
I wrote a letter of intent and emailed it, hopefully they will add that to my application. Can anyone comment on what waitlist movement is like at PCOM?

Also, replying to myself, I've reached peak neuroticism!

Never mind, they waitlisted me 2 weeks after my interview but sent the letter to my old address! So, what was the point of me giving you my current address on interview day?
I wrote a letter of intent and emailed it, hopefully they will add that to my application. Can anyone comment on what waitlist movement is like at PCOM?

Also, replying to myself, I've reached peak neuroticism!

Geesh all that time? How did you find out they had they had the wrong address? I was under the impression that you have to change your address thru AACOMAS. Anyway, whatever address they have on file for you can be seen on your portal page.

WL movement varies for PCOM but as you can see by the people that are getting accepted every week on this thread there is a little movement at the moment.

I have a shred of hope left but I'm kinda already prepping for a new app cycle in my head. It's getting late in the game now :( June and July will breeze by.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Geesh all that time? How did you find out they had they had the wrong address? I was under the impression that you have to change your address thru AACOMAS. Anyway, whatever address they have on file for you can be seen on your portal page.

WL movement varies for PCOM but as you can see by the people that are getting accepted every week on this thread there is a little movement at the moment.

I have a shred of hope left but I'm kinda already prepping for a new app cycle in my head. It's getting late in the game now :( June and July will breeze by.
re
So about 3-4 weeks after my interview, I started checking my portal daily to see if anything changed. The first time I did this, I saw that the portal had my old address. Freaking out, I emailed and called several times, no response, except for 2 days later I saw my portal address change. So I assumed that if the address was updated, someone must have gone in my file- if they saw a letter was sent to the old address, I'm sure they would have said or done something. So I continue waiting, checking the portal and the mail, weeks go by until its 9 weeks since my interview and no decision. So on Tuesday I called, asking if there had been a decision because I never received anything in the mail. I was told to email instead, so I emailed and explained my situation. No response to the email, but two days later on Thursday morning I have a letter to my correct address, with a copy of my decision later dated April 10th and sent to my old address, just 2 weeks after my interview date.

I guess it didn't really change anything, except knowing on April 10th could have just saved me 2 whole months of anxiously checking my mail and portal, and hoping that I was just outright accepted.

I submitted a letter of intent via email (will they even consider it at this point, *shrugs*) but couldn't hurt to try.
And you are right, given that its this late in the timeline, my hope is also fading. I submitted my AACOMAS for the next cycle... Here's to hoping I get an acceptance before signing up for MCAT tutoring....

Why is everyone on the waitlist so discouraged already. I was under the impresssion that the bulk of waitlist movement happens in late June through late July and even some more movement in August depending

theres movement! i just got accepted today. good luck to you all!

also does anyone know where there is an accepted student thread or fb group. need to get an appt and myb a roommate . . .
Was your portal changed or did you get notified by snail mail

theres movement! i just got accepted today. good luck to you all!

also does anyone know where there is an accepted student thread or fb group. need to get an appt and myb a roommate . . .

+1 for my fiancée!!!! Everyone still waiting—keep your spirits up—seems like stuff is still moving!

Came via email plus portal change (simultaneously). No letter yet

There is a fb group (seems like most folks are trying to live in Manayunk)

+1 for my fiancée!!!! Everyone still waiting—keep your spirits up—seems like stuff is still moving!

Came via email plus portal change (simultaneously). No letter yet

There is a fb group (seems like most folks are trying to live in Manayunk)
Can't seem to find it :/
can u send me the link plz?

Hi everyone. I posted this on the another forum, but I wanted to share this here as well. Congrats to all who were accepted/matriculating! I wanted to share a post about housing if anyone was interested. I live in a 2b2b apartment in center city with a (now) second year med student. I will be moving out of state but he wants to stay and is looking for a potential roommate! I know that the main campus is on City Line, but they have shuttles running in between the city and campus throughout the day. If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Just found out that apparently they never put my DO letter of rec into my application file for whatever reason. Wish I would have known this when I was placed on the waitlist 5 months ago.

Welp if it makes anyone on WL feel any better, I have access to registration portal as as former student and the class may not be full yet. One of the DO classes has 253 out of 300 registered.
Please expound on your possibly exciting info about the WL You said one of the classes has 253 registered Since this forum is only about PCOM we can assume thats the class your speaking about Also since the Ga campus has a relatively small class this indicates its PCOM phila. If this is true thats terrific news. you actually have access to that portal? Please keep us all updated. Thank you so much The dream is alive.

Anyone get off the waitlist this week?

Seems like it. New faces (people that aren't already PCOM students) in FB group. Still filling the class. Fingers crossed for us!
Do you have input as to when the committee meets each week? Also based on your portal how many seats are still left to fill. I understand unfortunately this wait can go on all the way thru July but at least we can know there are still seats available. Thank you for all your input !

Do you have input as to when the committee meets each week? Also based on your portal how many seats are still left to fill. I understand unfortunately this wait can go on all the way thru July but at least we can know there are still seats available. Thank you for all your input !
I have no input on when the committee meets. I’m also not too sure if looking at class registration is a good estimate about how filled the class is but it looks like there are still spots open, however; it’s possible they already made offers for those spots and are waiting for deposits so....I’m lost.

Did anybody else just get the email about PCOM updating their application portal? I think I had a small heart attack:confused:

I have no input on when the committee meets. I’m also not too sure if looking at class registration is a good estimate about how filled the class is but it looks like there are still spots open, however; it’s possible they already made offers for those spots and are waiting for deposits so....I’m lost.

Did anybody else just get the email about PCOM updating their application portal? I think I had a small heart attack:confused:
Yes

Yes

Did anybody else just get the email about PCOM updating their application portal? I think I had a small heart attack:confused: yep. Try not to get too excited unless you actually see that portal change. Amazingly besides waiting since March 3 weeks ago I went to check my portal as usual for the fourth time in a day when it changed saying I owed the money. I went nuts called PCOM and they apologized stating they made a mistake. I kid you not. So you have to remain kinda cool till it’s the real thing.

Gah I still am maintaining a sliver of hope that I can get off the WL, but who knows at this point....
And yeah I received an email about the application portal, but I think it may pertain to the applications that are for Fall 2019 matriculation...I say this because I resubmitted an app to PCOM PA and submitted a PCOM GA for this new cycle and got that email from both campuses within a minute of each other. So my guess is that the email is for 2019 cycle. Did you resubmit an app for the new cycle?

Gah I still am maintaining a sliver of hope that I can get off the WL, but who knows at this point....
And yeah I received an email about the application portal, but I think it may pertain to the applications that are for Fall 2019 matriculation...I say this because I resubmitted an app to PCOM PA and submitted a PCOM GA for this new cycle and got that email from both campuses within a minute of each other. So my guess is that the email is for 2019 cycle. Did you resubmit an app for the new cycle?

Yeah I noticed it was for 2019. I was nervous because I started working on a new primary app but have yet to submit it to PCOM. I did select PCOM in the 'Programs' menu but I'm not sure if that’s the same as actually sending it. I was thinking that perhaps the email means WL apps from 2018 are being moved into the new system as well but for reference someone else on the WL mentioned to me that they did not receive the email about the upgrade to their system.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed it was for 2019. I was nervous because I started working on a new primary app but have yet to submit it to PCOM. I did select PCOM in the 'Programs' menu but I'm not sure if that’s the same as actually sending it. I was thinking that perhaps the email means WL apps from 2018 are being moved into the new system as well but for reference someone else on the WL mentioned to me that they did not receive the email about the upgrade to their system.
I did not receive the email and am not reapplying due to other acceptances so it's probably exclusively a 2019 thing.

My portal changed today! I will be accepting the seat. I also received an email that my acceptance letter will be sent in the mail today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
My portal changed today! I will be accepting the seat. I also received an email that my acceptance letter will be sent in the mail today. Good luck everyone!

Congrats to you!
Did you write a letter of intent or anything else to help you get off the waitlist?

I’m pretty sure this is it for the waitlist as per what an admissions counselor hinted at. I️ wish I️ was wrong about it, but looks like the class will be full

I’m pretty sure this is it for the waitlist as per what an admissions counselor hinted at. I️ wish I️ was wrong about it, but looks like the class will be full
Hmm what did admissions hint at? Even when the seats are filled they still accept into August as people drop.

PCOM has a lot of people holding for grades or scores so as they come in they have to either accept them or deny them. They also have agreements with a lot of schools so they have to now accept them also some that they just have to accept because of who they are from what a friend told me so that is who is going to get an acceptance now. If I remember correctly the deposit has to be paid right away like within a few days if you are accepted so be prepared with the money if you get that letter.

PCOM has a lot of people holding for grades or scores so as they come in they have to either accept them or deny them. They also have agreements with a lot of schools so they have to now accept them also some that they just have to accept because of who they are from what a friend told me so that is who is going to get an acceptance now. If I remember correctly the deposit has to be paid right away like within a few days if you are accepted so be prepared with the money if you get that letter.
Mind asking your friend where PCOM Biomed students factor into those offers? A couple of my friends from the program got accepted very late in the last year's cycle. Was hoping for the same type of miracle this year :arghh:

Got accepted Thursday! Accepted the seat! Rooting for you guys, stay positive

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted on Thursday! Paid the deposit and can't wait to start!

Does anyone know if there is a checklist of things to buy before starting?