2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected which is fine but, on a Saturday? First admissions email i've received on a weekend

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
still haven't heard back and was complete in July. guess its just a matter of days before the email arrives!

Still waiting I saw someone say they interviewed late March and got a rejection letter on Saturday. I interviewed March 28th and haven’t heard anything. Is this good or bad?

Still waiting I saw someone say they interviewed late March and got a rejection letter on Saturday. I interviewed March 28th and haven’t heard anything. Is this good or bad?
I interviewed Feb. 5th and still haven't heard anything back, including a DD or WL or rejection... so I wouldn't be too worried yet. I have a friend who interviewed in January and still hasn't heard yet haha.

I interviewed Feb. 5th and still haven't heard anything back, including a DD or WL or rejection... so I wouldn't be too worried yet. I have a friend who interviewed in January and still hasn't heard yet haha.
There are multiple of us who interviewed last semester and haven't gotten a post-interview A/WL/R answer, so hang in there!

Reactions: 1 user
Does PCOM award scholarships later? Or do we get our entire finaid package at once?
A select few students (I believe 3) were awarded partial/full scholarships and received notification of this with their acceptance letter. The need based scholarships are noted in your financial aid award package.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance package in the mail yesterday! Interviewed 1/31, orginally waitlisted in March

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my acceptance package in the mail yesterday! Interviewed 1/31, orginally waitlisted in March

Nice to see an acceptance on here! Did you get a portal change on your app status page as well?

Nice to see an acceptance on here! Did you get a portal change on your app status page as well?
Yes but i didn't check the portal till today so I wasn't expecting it. I've already submitted my tuition deposit for the GA campus however so I'll be letting go of my seat

Does anyone know when M2's start classes? Is it the same as first years Aug 13th?

Is receipt of the medical health questionnare (MHQ) supposed to show up on the bannerweb? Submitted mine a while ago but never heard back on it being processed.

Is receipt of the medical health questionnare (MHQ) supposed to show up on the bannerweb? Submitted mine a while ago but never heard back on it being processed.

Not that I know of... I would just contact Student Health Wellness to confirm.

Yes but i didn't check the portal till today so I wasn't expecting it. I've already submitted my tuition deposit for the GA campus however so I'll be letting go of my seat

Talk to them. If you want to go to the PA campus (which I highly recommend) you can ask them to transfer your deposit over possibly since it’s the same institution.

So I still haven’t heard anything about admission to the DO program like at all, I interviewed in the first week of February, should I call and ask what’s up?? Or just keep waiting it out?!

So I still haven’t heard anything about admission to the DO program like at all, I interviewed in the first week of February, should I call and ask what’s up?? Or just keep waiting it out?!
Keep waiting, should be this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else waitlisted hear anything?

does anyone know anything about TISSUE?

I have friends who did it and love it. But I didn’t. You’ll be fine either way. If you can, try to travel or have fun before school starts. If you’re going to sit around bored waiting for school to start, TISSUE is a good idea.

Keep waiting, should be this week.
How do you know this? Conjecture?

I still haven’t heard anything... though I wasn’t WL’d, but I’ve been checking the mail like a mad woman every day lol

Ha! Same here. Except add checking portal as well. I'm WL'd and it's been silent on all fronts. Hopefully after Traffic Day on April 30th and May 15th we get some good news.

Last edited:
I still haven’t heard anything... though I wasn’t WL’d, but I’ve been checking the mail like a mad woman every day lol
I would probably call-in if I was you. Not receiving DD or WL from February does not sound right, its possible the letter was misplaced in the mail. I interviewed after you and received a letter.

I would probably call-in if I was you. Not receiving DD or WL from February does not sound right, its possible the letter was misplaced in the mail. I interviewed after you and received a letter.
I did call today, the woman said nothing has been sent to my address since my interview! She double checked my file, of course told me she couldn’t tell me anything specific, but said there was a decision listed and I’d be receiving a letter soon. So fingers crossed! She sounded super happy so maybe it’s a good thing? Lol trying to find some hope in this situation haha.

I did call today, the woman said nothing has been sent to my address since my interview! She double checked my file, of course told me she couldn’t tell me anything specific, but said there was a decision listed and I’d be receiving a letter soon. So fingers crossed! She sounded super happy so maybe it’s a good thing? Lol trying to find some hope in this situation haha.
does your portal show deposit information?

When you say portal are you referring to the application summary on the PCOM Banner Web Services page?
yes, if you see deposit information there is probably an acceptance in the mail. If the information above the table with your information disappears, there is probably a rejection letter in the mail. No change can be indicative of either DD or WL.

if you see a deposit under requirements materials does that mean that you could be accepted?

So to clarify, normally the deposit info under requirements isn't there and if it is it may be an acceptance? I'm on the WL and see it and now I can't remember if it was there before lol.

So to clarify, normally the deposit info under requirements isn't there and if it is it may be an acceptance? I'm on the WL and see it and now I can't remember if it was there before lol.

Do you have a link that says “Click here to proceed to payment”? If yes, then congratulations you’ve been accepted :)

just got wait-listed by snail mail. When does the wait-list start to move?

Do you have a link that says “Click here to proceed to payment”? If yes, then congratulations you’ve been accepted :)

As of now I don't see a link, just the deposit amount with an empty "received" and "note" cell. It may just be what people on the WL see generally and I'm being neurotic haha. Thanks for the info, hopefully next week will bring good news for all of us :)

As of now I don't see a link, just the deposit amount with an empty "received" and "note" cell. It may just be what people on the WL see generally and I'm being neurotic haha. Thanks for the info, hopefully next week will bring good news for all of us :)

Ohhh that’s super weird, I was waitlisted last year and never saw anything like that, so I would take it as a good sign if you have it somewhere on your portal! I’d give it a day or two then call admissions. Wish you the best!

I have the same thing on my portal! It definitely was not there a few days ago. Also missed a call from a hospital in Philly, by can’t return call, so hopefully this means good news for us!

I also have the same prompt under requirements but no link. II Jan, DD Feb, WL March.

Portal changed to deposit link. Hopefully a letter comes in the mail today!

Reactions: 2 users