2017-2018 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it okay for us to leave our luggage in the admissions office during the interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any financial aid/scholarship packages yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 1/16. WL email last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how many people are accepted off the alternate/wait list? Are letters of intent important for this school?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when accepted students will receive fin aid?

Procrastinated on FAFSA. When is the deadline for SLU, if there is one?

Just called Financial Aid office. They said 2-3 more weeks to find out about our fin aid and scholarship stuff. Basing off med school deadlines, we may not know for a very long time.

Reactions: 3 users
Current student here. If anyone has questions about SLU feel free to message me! Sorry to say I am not part of admissions so I don't have any insider information lol

So they only tell us May to cover their ....? Cause earlier sounds better to me :shifty:

May is right after the multiple acceptance deadline so that's when a lot of movement will happen. But hang in there- slower movement happens before then too.

At this point people are still hoarding acceptances all over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/30 or so, got alternate list email today. Not super surprising, given how late it is in the cycle.

Anyone know how many alternate list spots they have? And the chances of getting in?

Are they not giving out acceptances anymore? They interview into March...

They still give out acceptances. they keep spots open throughout the entire period, and if you look through last years thread, some people who interviewed in February got accepted directly

They still give out acceptances. they keep spots open throughout the entire period, and if you look through last years thread, some people who interviewed in February got accepted directly
So they start adding to the waitlist before finalizing the class?

Last edited:
Has anyone not heard back? I interviewed January 23rd and nothing at all

Does anyone know how long the post-committee deliberation takes? Called and said I was presented on Wednesday.

Does anyone know how long the post-committee deliberation takes? Called and said I was presented on Wednesday.
If they presented you last week you'll probably hear back this Friday. That was my experience anyway. Goodluck!

They usually hand out decisions on fridays based on this forums

Just got put on the alternate list. Any info? Like is it ranked or rate of acceptance from the list?

Last edited:
Just got put on the alternate list. Any info? Like is it ranked or rate of acceptance from the list?
From MSAR: "The alternate list is a ranked list. The ranking of this list is kept confidential by the Committee on Admissions."

Also just got put on the alternate list.

+1 to the alternate list. Interviewed beginning of February.

+1 to the alternate list. Interviewed beginning of February.
With 516 MCAT you have zero Acceptances in MD just mind boggling, you should have at least 2 Acceptances with those Stats.
Hope you get off those Alternate lists

With 516 MCAT you have zero Acceptances in MD just mind boggling, you should have at least 2 Acceptances with those Stats.
Hope you get off those Alternate lists

On 3 waitlists currently, still need to hear back from 3 schools... sigh.

Accepted yesterday, interviewed in February

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone been awarded financial aid yet?
They told me “1 more week” on March 3rd. I called back like March 11th and they said “2-3 more weeks” safe to say we won’t find out for a very long time.

anybody know if they accept these or if they are worthwhile?
They do accept letters uploaded to the secondary website's Document Upload section. I was accepted two weeks after uploading my letter, but I'm unsure how much of an effect it had on the acceptance.