You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Saint Louis University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello,
I am debating if I should apply to the school.
MCAT: 507 (low CARS)
GPA: 3.80 (both science and overall)
Excellent ECs (president of clubs, founder of clubs, clinical, volunteer), 5000hrs not including hobbies (another 5000hrs)
Oh and also i'm international (Canadian)
I am debating if I should apply to the school.
MCAT: 507 (low CARS)
GPA: 3.80 (both science and overall)
Excellent ECs (president of clubs, founder of clubs, clinical, volunteer), 5000hrs not including hobbies (another 5000hrs)
Oh and also i'm international (Canadian)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol old news but it's not really a big deal! My premed advisor said there's nothing to worry about
No hbuNobody in here has any responses yet?
Just realized SLU doesn't accept my AP Chem or AP Bio credit. Applied here a month ago. Whoops!
Whoops, didn't notice that either 🙁
Although their website does say that "advanced placement credits are not generally acceptable"... that "generally" is giving me a little bit of hope, lol.
Whoops, didn't notice that either 🙁
Although their website does say that "advanced placement credits are not generally acceptable"... that "generally" is giving me a little bit of hope, lol.
Yeah, I feel like not accepting AP for prereqs only hurts them by screening out a lot of competitive applicants. Hopefully they take exception to us!
Heart dropped when I got an email today only to tell me to check out their admissions page despite already being complete.
LOL sameHeart dropped when I got an email today only to tell me to check out their admissions page despite already being complete.
Heart dropped when I got an email today only to tell me to check out their admissions page despite already being complete.
Thank goodness I read this message before getting that email or I would have had a mini heart attack.
Anyone know how long it takes for letters to get uploaded to the supplemental app? I saw earlier that others were having issues with this.
did anyone get an email from them randomly (have not sent a primary or secondary) encouraging to apply? does this mean anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if it means much, but I got one after taking the MCATdid anyone get an email from them randomly (have not sent a primary or secondary) encouraging to apply? does this mean anything?
Snapchat selfie with the hotdog guy should suffice.This might be stupid question, but it asks for a photo and I'm conflicted on whether I should dress up and take professional photo or if I should just use any old photo of myself lol. Pls help
NOTE: Without the hotdog you're app is gonna be rejected automatically.
Not to be mean, but these types of e-mails usually don't mean the candidate is really sought after; its a generic e-mail that SLU SOM sends to people. I've been getting them for the past few months.Not sure if it means much, but I got one after taking the MCAT
I recently added this school. How in depth are people going with the "current activities" question? They are all listed in my AMCAS. I was going to answer in 2-3 sentences, but 10,000 characters is a lot!
I called admissions and they said they have matriculated students that didn't even fill it out. I filled out about 1700 characters. Really I think the 10000 is to benefit the nontrads
I am a current SLUSOM student. If you have questions about the school feel free to PM me! I'm happy to help
P.S. I have nothing to do with admissions
P.S. I have nothing to do with admissions
.
how big of a deal is the probation thing? what happens if they decide to revoke whatever accreditation the lcme is threatening to revoke?
No US medical school has ever lost accreditation. I chose SLU over multiple schools that weren't on probation.
The last school that lost accreditation was a Caribbean school that literally couldn't afford to keep the lights on in their hospital. Most of their students transferred to US MD schools
Last edited:
I chose SLU over multiple schools that weren't on probation.
+1 and happy so far 🙂
.
D
deleted853480
No secondary yet 🙁
+1 and happy so far 🙂
Same. Welcome to any questions as well
app complete 8/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yepp, yesterday.Anyone get a brochure in the mail from them today?
Anyone get a brochure in the mail from them today?
Yepp, yesterday.
I just got a brochure in the mail today too. I have been analyzing it for hours. I bet it is some test; it has to be! Just like getting into the Skull and Bones society at Yale!
I got a little excited when I saw it in fact. I thought, "Whoa, what the hey. I wasn't expecting promo material...I already applied and submitted the secondary...maybe this is important." I was a little disappointed upon opening it.
I got it too. really weird lolAnyone get a brochure in the mail from them today?
I got it too. really weird lol
They sent it last year as well. Don't read too much into it.
Here! I wish it meant something, thoughAnyone get a brochure in the mail from them today?
Here! I wish it meant something, though
I didn't get one 🙁 Maybe it does mean something
II today by E-mail.
II today by E-mail.
Congrats! When were you complete?
Complete first week of July.Congrats! When were you complete?
How were you complete so fast? I submitted my AMCAS app on the third day it was available, and after submitting my secondaries in the first week available, it still somehow took a week for them to receive the letters I sent on June 5. :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
II received today! OOS (complete 07/27)
D
deleted865881
When were you complete?II today. OOS, LizzieM 70.5.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current SLU students or Saint Louis residents comment on the safety of this area? I'm wondering where would be the safest place to stay the night before my interview
Not sure when I was officially complete, but all materials were received on 7/6.When were you complete?
D
deleted865881
Hmm okay. I was complete 7/17 but haven't gotten a decision yet. Should be coming soon I guess
I got my MPH at SLU right across the street from the med school, and I still live in St. Louis. The area's not nearly as dangerous as some people might make it seem. Just don't wave your wallet around while walking through a back alley, and you'll be fine.Can any current SLU students or Saint Louis residents comment on the safety of this area? I'm wondering where would be the safest place to stay the night before my interview
There are a few hotels around there, and plenty more downtown and in Dogtown. At most, those places are a 10-15 minute drive from the med school campus.
Thank you so much! I have never been to Saint Louis so seeing things on the news has scared me a bit. So just along as you are smart you shouldn't run into any trouble then?I got my MPH at SLU right across the street from the med school, and I still live in St. Louis. The area's not nearly as dangerous as some people might make it seem. Just don't wave your wallet around while walking through a back alley, and you'll be fine.
There are a few hotels around there, and plenty more downtown and in Dogtown. At most, those places are a 10-15 minute drive from the med school campus.