2017-2018 Saint Louis University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doesn't affect students at all. No US MD school has lost accreditation. They are being very transparent about the process

You can read about the steps they are taking here LCME Accreditation : SLU
I appreciate the input! I went ahead and added this school.

Edit: Well that was quick. Literally added this school late last night, got the secondary early this morning, and submitted just now. Why can't all secondaries be this straight forward?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the fence about applying here because of this. Also the dean's response wasn't the most confident or comforting. Anyone have any input on how this affects students?

M1 here, but I have talked to multiple MD faculty here about this and all say it was a documentation issue. No affect at all as mentioned above.
 
For the optional section, is it required to write an essay or would simple bullet point updates of additional poster presentations and abstracts be ok?

I ask because the section says in addition to the personal statement and also encourages to add poster-like updates as PDFs in the documents tab.
 
Yeah, I feel like not accepting AP for prereqs only hurts them by screening out a lot of competitive applicants. Hopefully they take exception to us!

This post was a while ago but I wanted to update in case anyone else is wondering. I emailed and asked if my AP bio credit was okay having taken other bio courses in undergrad and they said this would be fine. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone PM me the url for the secondary app portal, please. I seemed to have lost the email after I had completed it. Thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a interview here in september 🙂The day before I have a lab that I don't know that I will be able to miss or reschedule. If I can't work something out, I won't arrive until 11pm. I was interested in the student host problem here, but I'm not sure if arriving so late would be an inconvenience to my host. I know they probably have early mornings. However, it is run through the school I have the option to disclose my expected arrival in the sign-up form. Should I just get a hotel or try for the student host program?
 
I received an II yesterday and when I went to schedule it today, there was only one day left that isn't the best for me.. does anyone know if/when they'll add more?
 
I received an II yesterday and when I went to schedule it today, there was only one day left that isn't the best for me.. does anyone know if/when they'll add more?
This happened to me too. Don't worry, I'm guessing they will just add more dates on a first come first serve basis. I ended up checking back a couple days later and 5 new dates had opened up!
 
This happened to me too. Don't worry, I'm guessing they will just add more dates on a first come first serve basis. I ended up checking back a couple days later and 5 new dates had opened up!

Awesome, thanks!
 
Any one else interviewing on September 12?
ALSO
For current medical students on the thread, is an earlier interview date a greater likelihood for an acceptance at SLU?
 
Would you guys recommend Ubering from the airport or using public transportation? I'd rather save money and use public transportation but I've heard the area is sort of sketchy...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/1! my first MD school done. on to others. gonna be a long night did not end up writing in the additional prompt. LizzyM 70-72
 
Last edited:
Interview invite this PM! Re-applicant OOS non-URM LM 67-69 complete 7/2. Interviewed February last cycle so this was a very welcome surprise (guessing they remember my LOI 😛). Latest interview slot I see is mid october with the earliest being mid september.
 
Last edited:
I just canceled my interview and withdrew my application. It was really difficult to turn down an interview invite, but I really can't see myself living in Saint Louis for four years. I decided to give up my interview and let it go to someone who may really want to go to here and can now interview in my place. I hope one of you guys gets the II!
 
I just canceled my interview and withdrew my application. It was really difficult to turn down an interview invite, but I really can't see myself living in Saint Louis for four years. I decided to give up my interview and let it go to someone who may really want to go to here and can now interview in my place. I hope one of you guys gets the II!
If I get one I'll give you credit haha 🙂 best of luck in your cycle.
 
If I get one I'll give you credit haha 🙂 best of luck in your cycle.
Thank you and you as well! It all came down to me not wanting to be greedy and let it go to someone who truly deserves it. I decided that I would rather go to an osteopathic school in my area than attend SLU. SLU seems like a great program but location became a deal breaker for me
 
Thank you and you as well! It all came down to me not wanting to be greedy and let it go to someone who truly deserves it. I decided that I would rather go to an osteopathic school in my area than attend SLU. SLU seems like a great program but location became a deal breaker for me
Yeah, you have to go where you will be the happiest! SLU's strong affiliation with Barnes-Jewish and the plethora of neuroscientists are what makes me so badly want an interview.
 
Would it be too late to apply?

I'm a re-applicant URM; I improved my MCAT to from 28 and 26 in 2014 to 518 this year, and got more clinical experience. Got an II in the 2015-2016 but was on the WL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone posted this on Reddit 🙂 believe 100% per the chart that may or may not work if I copy and paste:



Their post-interview acceptance rate is not 100% lol (although it may be close). I have a friend who interviewed last cycle and was wait-listed. He ended up not getting off the wait list.