You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Saint Louis University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It ends after your interview or lunch, whichever comes latest. No idea. Yep, though if your interview time is late (my first one was 2:30pm), you may want to show up early for the tour (starts at 10:45 iirc). You receive your time via email along with your interviewer name shortly after scheduling your interview date.What time did the interview day end? 3pm? Also why is there such a huge gap in when people's interview time is? Does that mean folks just go to the school when it's their time to interview? When do you find out your interview time? (sorry for all the questions, just got an invite and am trying to figure things out!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
700825
II today!! OOS, Complete 9/8/17
Stay another night or don’t go. It’ll be a huge middle finger if u do that. Remeber you are applying to them they aren’t applying to youI have to fly back to Canada and the latest flight I can get is 2pm. Would it be rude to leave the interview around 11:30 am, or would it be understandable?
I think they take lunch into consideration when making an admission decision. I'd definitely stayI have to fly back to Canada and the latest flight I can get is 2pm. Would it be rude to leave the interview around 11:30 am, or would it be understandable?
The med students and the dean of admissions explicitly stated twice during lunch that none of the students are involved in the process of making a decision, and told us to ask whatever we want during lunch. I guess there was no need for them to lie.I think they take lunch into consideration when making an admission decision. I'd definitely stay
Really?? They said the opposite to us. Well, not outright, but they sort of let it slip out and tried hiding it. And they never explicitly told us it wouldn't be taken into consideration. Either way, not that people should do this ever, but don't let your guard down at SLUThe med students and the dean of admissions explicitly stated twice during lunch that none of the students are involved in the process of making a decision, and told us to ask whatever we want during lunch. I guess there was no need for them to lie.
LOL good game, I definitely let my guard down a few times and left early - I guess that's one more spot for all you guys ahaReally?? They said the opposite to us. Well, not outright, but they sort of let it slip out and tried hiding it. And they never explicitly told us it wouldn't be taken into consideration. Either way, not that people should do this ever, but don't let your guard down at SLU
Congrats on all of the recent IIs! It looks like they're either not going in order or they're maybe re-reviewing applications as the cycle moves forward? I was complete mid July and haven't heard anything.
What interview dates are being offered?
What interview dates are being offered?
But don't let your guard down at SLU
What? Why?? Are you basing this on something, or is it more like your feeling?
I think it would be super weird to not let interviewees ask questions that really evaluate the program.
What? Why?? Are you basing this on something, or is it more like your feeling?
I think it would be super weird to not let interviewees ask questions that really evaluate the program.
Hopefully I'm completely wrong, but it's just a suspicion I got. My interviewer sort of let it slip that the lunch was evaluated. I also noticed that all the students at the lunch were much more keen to knowing my name than they've been at other places. But again, neurotic premed here. So take this with a grain of salt
Hopefully I'm completely wrong, but it's just a suspicion I got. My interviewer sort of let it slip that the lunch was evaluated. I also noticed that all the students at the lunch were much more keen to knowing my name than they've been at other places. But again, neurotic premed here. So take this with a grain of salt
Hmm. Well, I jokingly asked if the dinner was evaluated and didn't get a straight answer, but I just thought maybe it was the person being awkward. Lol
We were explicitly told that the tour and the lunch were not evaluated tho. So... it would be super weird of them to lie about it. I guess anything is possible in the crazy world of med school admissions, but it just doesn't sound right.
Accepted! Email notification this morning, interviewed 10/16. Good luck everyone!
Accepted by email this morning!! OOS, interviewed mid October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Email notification this morning, interviewed 10/16. Good luck everyone!
Accepted by email this morning!! OOS, interviewed mid October
congrats you guys!!! How was your interview experience here? Was it chill?
The day was very relaxed for me. My interviewer was very nice, genuinely seemed interested in me and knew all the details about my application. The tour and lunch were chill, the med students were nice. Oh and the associate dean made a couple of appearances, SUPER nice guycongrats you guys!!! How was your interview experience here? Was it chill?
What are the hours of the interview day?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CONGRATS!!!! For everyone waiting it seems that they make their interview decisions on fridaysAccepted! Email notification this morning, interviewed 10/16. Good luck everyone!
Anybody interviewing today or tommorow???
Just gave up my interview and withdrew my application! Hoping it goes to someone who really wants it! Best of luck to you all!
Lol I wish I could just be like Yo, SLU give me this persons interviewJust gave up my interview and withdrew my application! Hoping it goes to someone who really wants it! Best of luck to you all!
Accepted! Loved the atmosphere of this school.
Does SLU accept updates?
Accepted! Loved the atmosphere of this school.
When was your interview?
Yes they do. You must upload them in the portal yourselfDoes SLU accept updates?
D
deleted631131
Current student, feel free to ask me questions about the school.
You should be very excited about the new hospital to be finished in 2020. More ICU beds means we can continue to improve as a tertiary care center, receiving the sickest patients from across the SSM network and other hospitals throughout MO and IL. I think the level of acuity of patients, as well as their limited access the health/socioeconomic resources makes for a very beneficial educational experience, we really are "serving the under served".
LCME probation is on track to be removed October 2018 as stated in a recent meeting with deans, pending a visit by LCME staff in Summer 2018.
You should be very excited about the new hospital to be finished in 2020. More ICU beds means we can continue to improve as a tertiary care center, receiving the sickest patients from across the SSM network and other hospitals throughout MO and IL. I think the level of acuity of patients, as well as their limited access the health/socioeconomic resources makes for a very beneficial educational experience, we really are "serving the under served".
LCME probation is on track to be removed October 2018 as stated in a recent meeting with deans, pending a visit by LCME staff in Summer 2018.
Lol, Why is SLU mean to their undergrad premeds (nonmed-scholar) 🙁 I really like this school, but they haven't said anything about my application in months. kinda giving up hope at this pointCurrent student, feel free to ask me questions about the school.
You should be very excited about the new hospital to be finished in 2020. More ICU beds means we can continue to improve as a tertiary care center, receiving the sickest patients from across the SSM network and other hospitals throughout MO and IL. I think the level of acuity of patients, as well as their limited access the health/socioeconomic resources makes for a very beneficial educational experience, we really are "serving the under served".
LCME probation is on track to be removed October 2018 as stated in a recent meeting with deans, pending a visit by LCME staff in Summer 2018.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have pretty decent ties to SLU and have nothing from them! Complete July 2nd. I feel like things may start happening soon.Lol, Why is SLU mean to their undergrad premeds (nonmed-scholar) 🙁 I really like this school, but they haven't said anything about my application in months. kinda giving up hope at this point
Anyone completed in September heard anything?
when are you arriving, it is never too late 😉Is anyone flying in tomorrow and wanna split an uber? 🙂 Kinda late haha i know
Is it better to send an update letter before or after your interview?
SLU is still inviting! Complete mid-August, dates available as early as next week to first week of January. Nice of them to show me love again since they invited me in my past application cycle.
I'll be rescinding my application, however, since they seem to have an escrow requirement for an international now - don't remember getting that before. Good luck to everyone else!
I'll be rescinding my application, however, since they seem to have an escrow requirement for an international now - don't remember getting that before. Good luck to everyone else!
nothing since july
Is there a FB group for accepted students?
Just gave up my interview and withdrew my application! Hoping it goes to someone who really wants it! Best of luck to you all!
Thank you. If only those holding acceptance(s) would do the same...
Just got an email, I was put in the alternate list, which I guess is the same as the waitlist? Kinda bummed out because I felt really good about the interview, but I guess that confirms my doubts about self evaluation lol.
Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Good luck to everyone still in the running!
I got a decision today from late October, so I figure you should be hearing back soon.Those of us who interviewed early November, we should be hearing soon, right?
Just got an email, I was put in the alternate list, which I guess is the same as the waitlist? Kinda bummed out because I felt really good about the interview, but I guess that confirms my doubts about self evaluation lol.
Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Same here. I also felt really good about it. Maybe they've already filled most of their class.. who knows.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Interviewed October 17.
Accepted earlier today! Kinda odd that they did this on a Thursday...
Congrats! When did you interview?Accepted! Interviewed October 17.