Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I interviewed on 9/12 🙂Congrats! When did you interview?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you! I interviewed on 9/12 🙂Congrats! When did you interview?
It is still early in the cycle - there are many more II's that will be coming. That said, remember that SLU is a Jesuit university and therefore places a heavy emphasis on service and volunteer activities - in addition to grades and MCAT scores.What is SLU looking for? I'm IS, 3.88 sGPA, 3.84 nsGPA and MCAT 517 complete 7/29. I have no idea why I haven't received an interview. (I am a re-re-applicant with the same stats and never received an interview).
Great! I have not been worried, but it is something I haven’t been able to completely ignore. Do you have a link so we can read about it ourselves?For those of you worried about probation the LCME accepted SLU's plan for remediation. This is good news! Essentially if SLU follows the plan they should be off probation when the LCME visits to re-asses the criteria.
Great! I have not been worried, but it is something I haven’t been able to completely ignore. Do you have a link so we can read about it ourselves?
I got these emails before AND after I had applied. They are just automatic from a list of everyone that took the MCATedit- mixed up my forums, my bad
I received a very generic recruitment email from St. Louis University encouraging me to apply, saying they are looking for applicants with a high level of scholastic success, and also Jesuit values- does anyone know what the system is for sending out these emails, and if it's worth it to apply at this point? Thanks!
perfect, thank you for the help. Good luck on apps!I got these emails before AND after I had applied. They are just automatic from a list of everyone that took the MCAT
Congrats! When were you complete?II today, for those worrying about not getting an II, cycles are really unpredictable so keep your head up! i know its hard but its still pretty early!
Second week of September! Thanks!Congrats! When were you complete?
At what time does the interview day start? I am trying to book my flight for the interview.
At what time does the interview day start? I am trying to book my flight for the interview.
The group day starts at 10:40. Some people interview at 10:00 so I was there at 9:45.The day starts at 10:40 AM.
The group day starts at 10:40. Some people interview at 10:00 so I was there at 9:45.
Edit: And I ended up being one of those people.
This also varies on your interview. Basically the group stuff (tour, lunch, financial aid) is from 10:40 to like 1:30. Since my interview was at 10, I was finished at 1:30 and left. But there were other applicants whose interview didn’t even start till 3 or 3:30. It just depends what time your interviewer has free that day I guess.Thanks! 🙂 When is everyone completely done? Hoping to take a flight back the same day if possible 🙂
My interview day started at 9am, because my interview was at 9am. The tour and lunch started at 10:40amAt what time does the interview day start? I am trying to book my flight for the interview.
Thanks everyone!!
I will be arriving at 7:30 am and leaving at 6:00 pm (I am staying there for less than 12 hours)
My interview was in the morning (9), but my flight left at 5:30 and I had pleeeenty of time to catch my flight, Like 3ish hours sitting in the airport. So you should be ok leaving after the interview day.Thanks! 🙂 When is everyone completely done? Hoping to take a flight back the same day if possible 🙂
My interview was in the morning (9), but my flight left at 5:30 and I had pleeeenty of time to catch my flight, Like 3ish hours sitting in the airport. So you should be ok leaving after the interview day.
I used the Go Best Express. I just emailed the med school and they set it up for me 🙂 I took an uber back to the airport from the med school, but it was like $35.Awesome! Thanks! 🙂
How did you go from the airport to the school? Uber?
Same interview day 🙂🙂Got II on 10/23!! Completed 9/2. Scheduled interview for 11/27. Beyond excited
Congrats!! Accepted by email?Accepted this morning-- interviewed 10/2 (I think). First acceptance!
Yep!Congrats!! Accepted by email?
Yeah, from what I understand, it's to hold a spot, and you can hold multiple acceptances until April 30th according to AMCAS traffic rules.This is probably a stupid question... but we are supposed to sign the intent to register and pay the fee regardless of whether we will be matriculating here, correct? Just seems a bit unclear. Thanks!
Congrats! What did they email you back when you messaged them about your travel plans? Also, how long after you messaged them about your travel plans did they inform you about your interview? Thank you !!OMG! Just got an interview accommodating my travel plans! Complete 8/21. Available dates in mid November. 🙂 🙂 So happy! I love this school
They didn't reply, but I got the interview literally the next day. I will never forget that, thank you SLU.Congrats! What did they email you back when you messaged them about your travel plans? Also, how long after you messaged them about your travel plans did they inform you about your interview? Thank you !!
When they gave you the interviewer's name before your interview, they included an address. You can snail mail them a thank you note!Does anyone have advice for thank you letters for SLU? I can't find my interviewer's e-mail online so I was wondering if people were just emailing admissions.
Ah yes great idea, thank you!!When they gave you the interviewer's name before your interview, they included an address. You can snail mail them a thank you note!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.