You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Saint Louis University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When were you complete?Hey guys, super excited to have just received an II!! I was wondering if anyone had tips on the interview/process and whether there were stats that highlighted post-interview success. Thank you 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please go beg the committee to hurry up with acceptances. The wait has turned my hair gray
SAMECan someone please go beg the committee to hurry up with acceptances. The wait has turned my hair gray
When were you complete?
I was complete August 18th 🙂 Hope you hear soon!
Hey guys, super excited to have just received an II!! I was wondering if anyone had tips on the interview/process and whether there were stats that highlighted post-interview success. Thank you 🙂
US News and World report provides this data. According to their publication this year, 100% of interviewees were accepted.
The admissions office has neither confirmed nor denied this. Some people on Reddit say that it's not true, though.
It's something of a mystery.
US News and World report provides this data. According to their publication this year, 100% of interviewees were accepted.
The admissions office has neither confirmed nor denied this. Some people on Reddit say that it's not true, though.
It's something of a mystery.
It is definitely not true. Many people in this forum are rejected/ waitlisted. The actual percentage should be around 50% to 60%.
Has anyone received a rejection yet pre II?
Chill and know your application, especially details on your application. Their interviews are very conversational.Interviewing soon and very excited but also nervous! 🙂 Any tips on how to prepare?
Has anyone received a rejection yet pre II?
No. I am not sure if they have rejected anybody yet.
Congrats! When did you interview? Trying to figure out when I should hear by!Accepted!! Loved the faculty here.
ACCEPTED!!!! FIRST ONE. IM GUNNA LOSE IT THIS HAS BEEN MY TOP OUT OF THE OOS SCHOOLS. INTERVIEWED MID-EARLY OCT
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!! FIRST ONE. IM GUNNA LOSE IT THIS HAS BEEN MY TOP OUT OF THE OOS SCHOOLS. INTERVIEWED MID-EARLY OCT
I think ur caps lock is broken my dude
Jk congrats 🙂
Any international students interview here yet? Canadian or non-canadian?
For those of you who have interviewed, are you at all concerned about the fact that this school is on probation...? How transparent are they about that are the interview day? I'm thinking about withdrawing my application from here.
They're very transparent about it and addressed it. I highly recommend interviewing here I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked the schoolFor those of you who have interviewed, are you at all concerned about the fact that this school is on probation...? How transparent are they about that are the interview day? I'm thinking about withdrawing my application from here.
Radio silence from SLU... complete & confirmed as received 8/1. Any insights?
Radio silence from SLU... complete & confirmed as received 8/1. Any insights?
I've been complete since 7/10 and have heard nothing
+1 lol exacteelyI've been complete since 7/10 and have heard nothing
Edit: spelling
Last edited:
+2 Exactly+1 lol exactely
D
deleted865881
+2 Exactly
+3 exactly.
For those who have been accepted for a while does SLU send u a packet and an official letter in the mail?
Last edited:
+5!
silent rejections?
+ 137
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I love my student host! She was super personable and took me to the anatomy lab in the morning. Everybody was really welcoming. I highly recommend the experience.Has anyone stayed with a student? If so, how did you like it?
Highly recommend. Very nice and give u insights on what’s its like going thereHas anyone stayed with a student? If so, how did you like it?
I also loved my student host. They were fabulous! 10/10 would recommendHas anyone stayed with a student? If so, how did you like it?
Definitely. You will not use elevators during the tour and you need to climb stairs. The tour is mainly inside as most of their buildings are interconnected.For those who have interviewed: do you recommend bringing comfy shoes for the tour? Also, is the tour both outside and inside? Thanks 🙂
For another perspective: I wore heels and it was fine. There was not an extensive amount of walking compared to some other schoolsDefinitely. You will not use elevators during the tour and you need to climb stairs. The tour is mainly inside as most of their buildings are interconnected.
Where did you read this if you don’t mind me asking?I read somewhere that SLU doesn't do silent rejections, so I guess we still have a chance lol
previous forums lol, cant remember which one specifically. Also SDN compiled a huge list of schools that do silent rejections and SLU wasn't one of them.Where did you read this if you don’t mind me asking?
previous forums lol, cant remember which one specifically. Also SDN compiled a huge list of schools that do silent rejections and SLU wasn't one of them.
Do you know how to find that list?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
previous forums lol, cant remember which one specifically. Also SDN compiled a huge list of schools that do silent rejections and SLU wasn't one of them.
I'm assuming they'll be operating like last year. I was complete in early August then I didn't hear back until March when they sent out a generic rejection lol. Pretty brutal day because a lot of schools send them all at once.
I ended up getting an II! Funny because I was considering withdrawing a few days ago. I submitted my secondary here on 7/1/2017. I'm unsure if I will attend this interview.
II!
What time did the interview day end? 3pm? Also why is there such a huge gap in when people's interview time is? Does that mean folks just go to the school when it's their time to interview? When do you find out your interview time? (sorry for all the questions, just got an invite and am trying to figure things out!)Of course! Interviewed there earlier this week (as well as last year). So for the interview is a open file 30 minutes long 1-on-1 with a faculty member that is scheduled sometime during the interview day (between 8am and 3pm). I found it to be mostly conversational though I would definitely brush up on your activities as well as your future plans in medicine and why SLU. Interview aside, there is a optional tour of the facilities/hospital from 10:40 to 12ish followed by a student lunch/FA presentation from 12ish to 1. The lunch was super informative as it was 3 interviewees to 1 current medical student which allowed for plenty of question.
Overall while the facilities were a bit on the older side, I was greatly impressed by the curriculum (8 week step 1 study, hpf no rank) and wellness initiatives (selectives and free afternoons) and would be very happy to attend there. Though I was surprised that they had access to my interviewer's notes from last cycle 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was somewhere on SDN, cant remember exactly where lol I kinda forgot about it cause all the med schools I applied to weren't on that listDo you know how to find that list?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was just interviewing there the other day. The interview day ended at 3PM (at the latest) for those who interviewed at 2. After you schedule your date, they will tell you when your interview is. The tour will end at 1PM. If you interview in the morning (some interviewees were interviewing at 8AM 😵") then you'll be done at 1! The traffic to the airport wasn't horrible; it probably takes half an hour at most.II today. For those of you who interviewed, what time did the day end? The portal is not really clear on times and I need to know when to book my flight back for!
Lmao they day started at 11. So, up to you I guess. Can't imagine youd get accepted tho.
LOL i worded my question terribly, I interview at 8 am * only thing I would miss is the tour and the lunch - I would never walk out of an interview halfway ahaha
LOL i worded my question terribly, I interview at 8 am * only thing I would miss is the tour and the lunch - I would never walk out of an interview halfway ahaha
I'd really suggest flying out the following day. You'll miss literally all of the other activities, and I think you'd want to show that you're interested in the school.
The interview day activities started at 11 and ended at 2:30. One on one interviews themselves were either at 8-10 or at 2:30.