2017-2018 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When they gave you the interviewer's name before your interview, they included an address. You can snail mail them a thank you note!
Ah yes great idea, thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who are accepted... does anyone know when we should be expecting an acceptance package in the mail?

Hey guys, super excited to have just received an II!! I was wondering if anyone had tips on the interview/process and whether there were stats that highlighted post-interview success. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, super excited to have just received an II!! I was wondering if anyone had tips on the interview/process and whether there were stats that highlighted post-interview success. Thank you :)
When were you complete?

Can someone please go beg the committee to hurry up with acceptances. The wait has turned my hair gray

US News and World report provides this data. According to their publication this year, 100% of interviewees were accepted.

The admissions office has neither confirmed nor denied this. Some people on Reddit say that it's not true, though.

It's something of a mystery.

This is most certainly not true lol. It is not 100%.

US News and World report provides this data. According to their publication this year, 100% of interviewees were accepted.

The admissions office has neither confirmed nor denied this. Some people on Reddit say that it's not true, though.

It's something of a mystery.

It is definitely not true. Many people in this forum are rejected/ waitlisted. The actual percentage should be around 50% to 60%.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! Loved the faculty here.

Edit: Interviewed Oct 3

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!!! FIRST ONE. IM GUNNA LOSE IT THIS HAS BEEN MY TOP OUT OF THE OOS SCHOOLS. INTERVIEWED MID-EARLY OCT

Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED!!!! FIRST ONE. IM GUNNA LOSE IT THIS HAS BEEN MY TOP OUT OF THE OOS SCHOOLS. INTERVIEWED MID-EARLY OCT

I think ur caps lock is broken my dude

Jk congrats :)

Reactions: 2 users
Any international students interview here yet? Canadian or non-canadian?

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who have interviewed, are you at all concerned about the fact that this school is on probation...? How transparent are they about that are the interview day? I'm thinking about withdrawing my application from here.

For those of you who have interviewed, are you at all concerned about the fact that this school is on probation...? How transparent are they about that are the interview day? I'm thinking about withdrawing my application from here.
They're very transparent about it and addressed it. I highly recommend interviewing here I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked the school

Radio silence from SLU... complete & confirmed as received 8/1. Any insights?

For those who have been accepted for a while does SLU send u a packet and an official letter in the mail?

Last edited:
Has anyone stayed with a student? If so, how did you like it?

Has anyone stayed with a student? If so, how did you like it?
Hi I love my student host! She was super personable and took me to the anatomy lab in the morning. Everybody was really welcoming. I highly recommend the experience.

For those who have interviewed: do you recommend bringing comfy shoes for the tour? Also, is the tour both outside and inside? Thanks :)
Definitely. You will not use elevators during the tour and you need to climb stairs. The tour is mainly inside as most of their buildings are interconnected.

Definitely. You will not use elevators during the tour and you need to climb stairs. The tour is mainly inside as most of their buildings are interconnected.
For another perspective: I wore heels and it was fine. There was not an extensive amount of walking compared to some other schools

I read somewhere that SLU doesn't do silent rejections, so I guess we still have a chance lol

Where did you read this if you don’t mind me asking?
previous forums lol, cant remember which one specifically. Also SDN compiled a huge list of schools that do silent rejections and SLU wasn't one of them.

previous forums lol, cant remember which one specifically. Also SDN compiled a huge list of schools that do silent rejections and SLU wasn't one of them.

I'm assuming they'll be operating like last year. I was complete in early August then I didn't hear back until March when they sent out a generic rejection lol. Pretty brutal day because a lot of schools send them all at once.

I ended up getting an II! Funny because I was considering withdrawing a few days ago. I submitted my secondary here on 7/1/2017. I'm unsure if I will attend this interview.

Of course! Interviewed there earlier this week (as well as last year). So for the interview is a open file 30 minutes long 1-on-1 with a faculty member that is scheduled sometime during the interview day (between 8am and 3pm). I found it to be mostly conversational though I would definitely brush up on your activities as well as your future plans in medicine and why SLU. Interview aside, there is a optional tour of the facilities/hospital from 10:40 to 12ish followed by a student lunch/FA presentation from 12ish to 1. The lunch was super informative as it was 3 interviewees to 1 current medical student which allowed for plenty of question.

Overall while the facilities were a bit on the older side, I was greatly impressed by the curriculum (8 week step 1 study, hpf no rank) and wellness initiatives (selectives and free afternoons) and would be very happy to attend there. Though I was surprised that they had access to my interviewer's notes from last cycle :confused:
What time did the interview day end? 3pm? Also why is there such a huge gap in when people's interview time is? Does that mean folks just go to the school when it's their time to interview? When do you find out your interview time? (sorry for all the questions, just got an invite and am trying to figure things out!)

II Today! Lm 71, and submitted on aug 9th

Reactions: 3 users
II today. For those of you who interviewed, what time did the day end? The portal is not really clear on times and I need to know when to book my flight back for!
I was just interviewing there the other day. The interview day ended at 3PM (at the latest) for those who interviewed at 2. After you schedule your date, they will tell you when your interview is. The tour will end at 1PM. If you interview in the morning (some interviewees were interviewing at 8AM o_O") then you'll be done at 1! The traffic to the airport wasn't horrible; it probably takes half an hour at most.

I have to fly back to Canada and the latest flight I can get is 2pm. Would it be rude to leave the interview around 11:30 am, or would it be understandable?

Lmao they day started at 11. So, up to you I guess. Can't imagine youd get accepted tho.

LOL i worded my question terribly, I interview at 8 am * only thing I would miss is the tour and the lunch - I would never walk out of an interview halfway ahaha