2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice!! Did you tick any of the boxes, eg. having West Texas ties or anything? Everything was completed for me 6/21 :/
Thanks! I did not check the box for West Texas ties or indicate that I was interested in FMAT. I was, however, part of the Medical Sciences program at UNTHSC which I indicated as one that prepared me for medical school. I'm sure you'll get an II soon! It's still pretty early in the cycle.

Aye!!! Congrats to you!!!
Thanks!

Congrats!!! Did you get an email or did it come up on the portal?
Thank you! The invite was sent through email.
 
Congrats @FoodisGood163! I just graduated from UNTHSC Med Sci too.... we probably know each other but are veiled behind SDN's anonymity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my first time using SDN - before I was just one of those hundreds of lurking pre-meds! Anyway, I just got my first II from Lubbock! I was surprised they were a lot quicker than I thought they would be. Does anyone else have their interview on August 18th?
 
Last edited:
This is my first time using SDN - before I was just one of those hundreds of those lurking pre-meds! Anyway, I just got my first II from Lubbock! I was surprised they were a lot quicker than I thought they would be. Does anyone else have their interview on August 18th?

When did you receive it? Are you in state?
 
This is my first time using SDN - before I was just one of those hundreds of those lurking pre-meds! Anyway, I just got my first II from Lubbock! I was surprised they were a lot quicker than I thought they would be. Does anyone else have their interview on August 18th?

also would like to know when you were complete and secondary was submitted?
 
This is my first time using SDN - before I was just one of those hundreds of those lurking pre-meds! Anyway, I just got my first II from Lubbock! I was surprised they were a lot quicker than I thought they would be. Does anyone else have their interview on August 18th?
Congrats! What are your stats? High/low LizzyM? Orm/Urm?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone has ever interviewed here before, what was the day like? Are the interviews pretty laid back?
 
To those with OOS II's - do you have Texas ties, and how extensive?
OOS, got my interview invite last week. I put that my grandpa received a master's degree from Tech, and my Dad's family lived in Lubbock for 6-7 years during his childhood. No other ties besides that.
 
Question about the secondary

1) For areas of interest I have several specialties in mind (some I dont have too much to back up), would it be worth it to list in "other'?

2) For the section with academic bumps, if we have several B's scattered here and there without much of an explanation, would it still be worth addressing or trying to explain and say you later learned better study habits/etc?
 
Last edited:
Question about the secondary

1) For areas of interest I have several specialties in mind (some I dont have too much to back up), would it be worth it to list in "other'?

2) For the section with academic bumps, if we have several B's scattered here and there without much of an explanation, would it still be addressing or trying to explain and say you later learned better study habits/etc?

1) I would put it, couldn't hurt
2) IMO B's aren't worth mentioning
 
My application has been complete for almost 10 weeks now, no II. I'm a reapplicant with significantly improved stats. Interviewed here late in the EY2016 cycle (didn't finish my app until september) and was waitlisted. I was hoping my much earlier submittal would put me on track to be invited around this time, but I guess not :/

If anybody has any questions about what their interview day is like, I'd be more than happy to answer! Tech is the only school that interviewed me the last time I applied so I won't have much to compare it to, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application has been complete for almost 10 weeks now, no II. I'm a reapplicant with significantly improved stats. Interviewed here late in the EY2016 cycle (didn't finish my app until september) and was waitlisted. I was hoping my much earlier submittal would put me on track to be invited around this time, but I guess not :/

If anybody has any questions about what their interview day is like, I'd be more than happy to answer! Tech is the only school that interviewed me the last time I applied so I won't have much to compare it to, though.

Yeah I haven't gotten an interview from any Texas school. :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Breathe. Still early in the app process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm trying. It's just really hard seeing all these people already have an interview at EVERY Texas school and then knowing I have 0 is very unsettling. Not saying I'm entitled to anything, but it's just disheartening.
 
I'm trying. It's just really hard seeing all these people already have an interview at EVERY Texas school and then knowing I have 0 is very unsettling. Not saying I'm entitled to anything, but it's just disheartening.
Your stats are decent but you have to remember they turned their apps in 6-8 weeks before you did. Gotta give time for the schools to read your apps.