2017-2018 University of Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone still waiting on the decision post-interview? I interviewed late October...starting to lose hope :/

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in November and did not receive that email today...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in November and did not receive that email today...
Next wave of acceptance emails will be sent next Friday the 18th according to their Twitter account.

Hi! are there any current or accepted students that I can talk to?? I have an interview coming up and have a couple questions. P.s. very excited to interview here :love:

For those that are accepted do you know when the scholarship application opens?

For those that are accepted do you know when the scholarship application opens?

I didn’t even know there was a scholarship application - I guess I assumed merit-based award consideration was automatic.

Anyone still waiting on the decision post-interview? I interviewed late October...starting to lose hope :/
If you haven't received an email saying that you are on the third-tier wait list or that you've been rejected, then my understanding is that you are still under consideration. I think they said on their twitter page that all interviewees from October have been reviewed, so you might be heading for the alternate list. They typically won't build and release the wait list until the Spring. In previous cycles, if you're put on the first tier list, then you have a pretty good chance of being admitted. If you are put on the second tier, then you have about a 50/50 chance of getting in. I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS. Applied in early September. No word yet. Is this a silent rejection?

Does anyone happen to know when we may start to hear scholarship offers from them if accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who recieved the email below got an interview?

“Thank you for your interest in the UAB School of Medicine and the Primary Care Track. All the interview slots for the Primary Care Track Program have been filled for the 2018 cycle. Your application, however, remains under consideration for the regular MD program.”

Does anyone know if UAB will be making offer calls today?

Has anyone who recieved the email below got an interview?

“Thank you for your interest in the UAB School of Medicine and the Primary Care Track. All the interview slots for the Primary Care Track Program have been filled for the 2018 cycle. Your application, however, remains under consideration for the regular MD program.”

+1

Rejected earlier tonight post interview. Felt awful about the MMI so not surprised but it still sucks.

Rejected earlier tonight post interview. Felt awful about the MMI so not surprised but it still sucks.
Sorry to hear that. Did you get an email.or it was from portal updates?

Hey ya'll...have there been any other Post-II rejections?

Just got hit with one this evening...( LM 73, IS, URM)

I know no spot is guaranteed, but it just hurts in a special sort of way when it's your state school! MMI even seemed OK...here's hoping there's nothing spontaneously wrong with my app.:xf:

Best of luck to everyone else with the rest of the cycle!

Hey ya'll...have there been any other Post-II rejections?

Just got hit with one this evening...( LM 73, IS, URM)

I know no spot is guaranteed, but it just hurts in a special sort of way when it's your state school! MMI even seemed OK...here's hoping there's nothing spontaneously wrong with my app.:xf:

Best of luck to everyone else with the rest of the cycle!
OH wow, a rejection with LM 73 and IS that's rough.
I have no luck then as an OOS

I hope you have better luck with other schools.

OH wow, a rejection with LM 73 and IS that's rough.
I have no luck then as an OOS

I hope you have better luck with other schools.

I'm sure you'll be fine! Thank you though and all the luck to you as well. I'd rather whatever spot I could have had go to someone who would love to be in Alabama for the next 4 years...maybe they could tell that that just wasn't quite me.

Reactions: 2 users
HEY UAB, this is crazzzyyyy but you have my number, so call me maybe....

Ps does anyone know if the regional campus visit days are a suite and tie affair or more business casual?

Woke up to a pre-II rejection this morning , good luck everyone else! Complete early August, PCT, no other emails in between.

Woke up to a pre-II rejection this morning , good luck everyone else! Complete early August, PCT, no other emails in between.

Would you mind sharing stats? Good luck in your future endeavors!

HEY UAB, this is crazzzyyyy but you have my number, so call me maybe....

Ps does anyone know if the regional campus visit days are a suite and tie affair or more business casual?
I was planning more business casual. Hope others were thinking the same...

II today. OOS complete mid to late July. Last two interview dates are 15 & 22 February. Had kinda given up on them TBH. Haven't decided if I'm gonna go or not. But just FYI there's still hope.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats and if you have ties?
II today. OOS complete mid to late July. Last two interview dates are 15 & 22 February. Had kinda given up on them TBH. Haven't decided if I'm gonna go or not. But just FYI there's still hope.

They mentioned that scholarship offers begin mid-February I believe!

not true, the application opens mid-February, you won't hear back until months later. if you don't apply, you're not just automatically under consideration - current student on scholarship

not true, the application opens mid-February, you won't hear back until months later. if you don't apply, you're not just automatically under consideration - current student on scholarship
When is it due by?

Do you know if they'll send out information about how to apply/when, etc.? Or is that something we have to seek out on our own?