2017-2018 University of Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y'all think they're calling today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Y'all think they're calling today?
Last time they did the calls the day after the ADCOM meeting and didn't tweet that they are doing it until 1pm so I'm guessing yes but maybe they haven't started yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS interviewees accepted yet? I interviewed in late August/early September and haven't heard back yet... wondering if this is a silent rejection/waitlist

Accepted today! OOS, LM ~68, interviewed in October. They called this morning, then emailed this evening. To the in-state people that haven't had any luck with UAB, I truly do feel for you. I think a good chunk of luck is involved. I haven't heard anything post-secondary from the schools in my state. Try and keep your heads up.

Accepted today! OOS, LM ~68, interviewed in October. They called this morning, then emailed this evening. To the in-state people that haven't had any luck with UAB, I truly do feel for you. I think a good chunk of luck is involved. I haven't heard anything post-secondary from the schools in my state. Try and keep your heads up.
When did you interview?

Any new movement recently for II? I've heard nothing.

If you don't hear back does this mean you are rejected Interviewed on 10/26... Still haven't heard and am getting nervous :(

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't hear back does this mean you are rejected Interviewed on 10/26... Still haven't heard and am getting nervous :(
yeah what's up with this? it doesn't seem anyone has been rejected pre-II yet, so i'd imagine this school either silently rejects or rejects everyone pre-II at the end of the cycle.

From my understanding, you are techincally still under consideration if you dont hear back. They havent necessarily at that time decided to accept you, but may end up accepting you later in the cycle for example if they lower their admission standards for this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Any PCT applicant here who got accepted yet?

yeah what's up with this? it doesn't seem anyone has been rejected pre-II yet, so i'd imagine this school either silently rejects or rejects everyone pre-II at the end of the cycle.
I was rejected pre-II on 10/9. Complete 8/9.
So, they do not do silent rejections.

Has there been any PCT acceptances so far?

This is a silly question but who should I be addressing the letter of interest to? Right now I have it addressed to Dr. Vickers. Thank you!

This is a silly question but who should I be addressing the letter of interest to? Right now I have it addressed to Dr. Vickers. Thank you!
Didn't they say not to email after the interview? Or did you all do a LOI?

Didn't they say not to email after the interview? Or did you all do a LOI?

They would prefer you not email the person that did your traditional interview directly. However there is a tab on the admissions.som.uab.edu webpage to upload an update letter or LOI if you want.

Got this message today:
"Thank you for your interest in the UAB School of Medicine and the Primary Care Track. All the interview slots for the Primary Care Track Program have been filled for the 2018 cycle. Your application, however, remains under consideration for the regular MD program."

Does anyone know if this new status is just the default status for anyone who applied to PCT and didn't get an II. If so, I'm not holding my breath for the regular MD program which I'm supposedly now being considered for.

Can anybody comment on PCT in regards to accepting a place for PCT, and then deciding during your first or second year that you would rather not continue on a PCT? Not accepted, but I’m interviewing for PCT.

Can anybody comment on PCT in regards to accepting a place for PCT, and then deciding during your first or second year that you would rather not continue on a PCT? Not accepted, but I’m interviewing for PCT.
When is your interview? Since PCT is a new program, I guess we do not know much details yet, however, they did mention that once you have decided PCT, they expect you to commit. So far we have not heard that they have accepted any PCT applicant yet.

When is your interview? Since PCT is a new program, I guess we do not know much details yet, however, they did mention that once you have decided PCT, they expect you to commit. So far we have not heard that they have accepted any PCT applicant yet.

It’s Feb 15th. It was the second to last overall interview date, so I’m assuming it’s the very last PCT interview date. Maybe y’all will find out some answers regarding acceptances after that date.

Makes sense. I don’t want to ask during my interview bc I am very much interested in PCT! Like you said, since it’s a new program, that’s why I’m hesitant.

Got this message today:
"Thank you for your interest in the UAB School of Medicine and the Primary Care Track. All the interview slots for the Primary Care Track Program have been filled for the 2018 cycle. Your application, however, remains under consideration for the regular MD program."

Does anyone know if this new status is just the default status for anyone who applied to PCT and didn't get an II. If so, I'm not holding my breath for the regular MD program which I'm supposedly now being considered for.
Thanks for that! I'm a PCT applicant that has not received a II yet, so this raises my spirits up.

Thanks for that! I'm a PCT applicant that has not received a II yet, so this raises my spirits up.

If it helps, I submitted my secondary October 10th and just heard something a week ago. Keep your hope!!

If it helps, I submitted my secondary October 10th and just heard something a week ago. Keep your hope!!
I endured 5+ months of silence since my August complete date only to get the aforementioned status.

I'd imagine you are probably being considered for regular MD than at this point. They have already sent out pre-II rejections according to previous SDN posters, so silence probably means you are still being considered, just no longer for PCT since all the interview slots are filled up already for PCT. If you weren't even a consideration for regular MD, you probably would have received a rejection letter. SO, YES, here's to hoping in the New Year!

Reactions: 2 users
I'd imagine you are probably being considered for regular MD than at this point. They have already sent out pre-II rejections according to previous SDN posters, so silence probably means you are still being considered, just no longer for PCT since all the interview slots are filled up already for PCT. If you weren't even a consideration for regular MD, you probably would have received a rejection letter. SO, YES, here's to hoping in the New Year!
Yup! I just recieved a similar email stating I was still in consideration for normal MD. Good luck everyone!

Did anyone else receive the email about dates to visit the branch sites? It seemed like it was a mass email for all applicants.

Did anyone else receive the email about dates to visit the branch sites? It seemed like it was a mass email for all applicants.

I did, was on the fence about posing the question to SDN, but of course neuroticism demands that we question the (possibly meaningless) meaning :nailbiting:.

Lol a tweet said "accepted students submit this preference by March" but then then this seemed pretty general...

Does anyone know how many interview days they have left?