2017-2018 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Sent to Screening" for me as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry if I'm being neurotic, but if I still haven't received a secondary should I call? I believe I meet the qualifications they listed in their original OOS applicant email.

Sorry if I'm being neurotic, but if I still haven't received a secondary should I call? I believe I meet the qualifications they listed in their original OOS applicant email.
I'm well above any cutoffs they have for OOS applicants and I still haven't received a secondary. I honestly don't think it will help to call, but it can't hurt either. Let us know what they say if you do call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was concerned that my file still says "file complete," and its been over 2 weeks, so I gave them a call. The Morehead campus (rural program) has a different application review schedule than the regular MD applications. Just wanted to post in here in case anyone else was in the same boat/freaking out too.

Status officially changed to "Interview to be Scheduled"!!!!!
Were you able to schedule an interview? I have the same status, but I don't see anywhere to actually schedule the interview.

Were you able to schedule an interview? I have the same status, but I don't see anywhere to actually schedule the interview.
It can take days to get the official scheduling email once your status changes online. Don't worry, it's on its way.

Reactions: 1 users
The first round of II's seemed to come out today. They are slotted currently up to mid October but they don't have any dates offered past October so far. Just to help keep people informed

Sent to screening for Morehead. Any other RPLP applicants on here?

Anyone receive an invitation to interview at the bowling green campus yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently working on the secondary and I was wondering how long each response should be? I've been doing about two paragraphs per response and then I plan to do a long out of state essay. Could those of you who have received IIs let me know about how long your responses were?

I'm currently working on the secondary and I was wondering how long each response should be? I've been doing about two paragraphs per response and then I plan to do a long out of state essay. Could those of you who have received IIs let me know about how long your responses were?
I wrote a little bit longer like 3 paragraphs.... I'm sure the admissions committee has tons to get through and wish they were all short, but it's the one chance we get to really tell them who we are! So I went for it

I'll believe you when you say you are getting your info from direct phone calls and questioning. But like @Dr.Cut.em.up stated, I also know they send secondaries to and accept OOS and internationals with no ties to Kentucky (and less than 90th percentile MCAT). Unless things have changed so much in a year, I say be patient for them to send out these secondaries if they will. Of course they lean in-state but they are also rather friendly to OOS/internationals compared to a lot of schools. They will look at your entire application to decide so use the secondary to explain yourself and why them. It can be difficult to avoid but the paranoia and angst that applicants self-inflict on themselves in this process is not worth it. Best of luck to all!
Power of positive thinking!!!

I was concerned that my file still says "file complete," and its been over 2 weeks, so I gave them a call. The Morehead campus (rural program) has a different application review schedule than the regular MD applications. Just wanted to post in here in case anyone else was in the same boat/freaking out too.
Did they tell you what that time line was?

I was told from someone on the adcom that interviews will be sent out in sept.

Ahhh The anticipation!!!! Do you live near bowling green?

I do! Excited to see the building come to life in BG - and ready for that interview invite to go out. Eeep!

I do! Excited to see the building come to life in BG - and ready for that interview invite to go out. Eeep!
Yes!!! I know I drove past yesterday and was excited. I applied early decision so I feel like I should be hearing something soon.. we will c. Did you also apply early decision?

Yes!!! I know I drove past yesterday and was excited. I applied early decision so I feel like I should be hearing something soon.. we will c. Did you also apply early decision?

I did not apply early decision - but I did go to one of their open house events and loved what they had to say about the new campus.

Whats your guys stats applying to BG. I have a LizzyM of ~70

My LizzyM is 69.4. Are you applying to the BG campus too?

I did not apply early decision - but I did go to one of their open house events and loved what they had to say about the new campus.

Well, I just figured out what a lizzyM score was.... lol. I suppose I'm behind the times. My score is not fantastic I did poorly on my first MCAT attempt, but I'm waiting for my new score. It's not a great position to be in let me tell you!

Yes me too, I went to the second open house. It was during the week maybe I met you? I just fell in love with the idea of such a small class. I had small classes during my undergrad and when it came to the big tough courses it was amazing. The whole class basically turned it to a study group after lecture. It was like a little premed family lol, I just loved it.
Well good luck to everyone I'm sure we should be hearing something soon!!!!

Well, I just figured out what lizzyM was.... lol. I suppose I'm behind the times. My score is not fantastic I did poorly on my first MCAT attempt, but I'm waiting for my new score. It's not a great position to be in let me tell you! is everyone at bowling green still " sent to
I'm an international (Canadian) who interviewed here last year with a 3.95/517 and was ultimately accepted (though I'm going to a different school). If it comes time for II and anyone has questions about what the day looked like last year/how it was, feel free to message me/ask :)
I would love to hear about your interview experience! I haven't been invited to interview yet.... but I'm game day prepping just in case

Last edited:
Did they tell you what that time line was?
Looks like Dr.Cut.em.up answered, but from what I understood from the phone call, the initial aspect was completely up to one person. They said "x hadn't requested the secondaries yet," so I'm not sure if theres a set schedule or what. It would be nice to hear from current RPLP students on the admissions schedule and what to expect interview day.

Looks like Dr.Cut.em.up answered, but from what I understood from the phone call, the initial aspect was completely up to one person. They said "x hadn't requested the secondaries yet," so I'm not sure if theres a set schedule or what. It would be nice to hear from current RPLP students on the admissions schedule and what to expect interview day.
Yes I second your request for current student input!!

Yes I second your request for current student input!!
Sorry guys, I have no intel on this one. There aren't many people in the RPLP program (10 per class in the past) and none of the ones I know are on SDN. Maybe someone will speak up.

I'm not on the Adcom, so I may be completely wrong, but I think Dr. Elam is the one who reads all the primaries and decides whether or not to issue a secondary. This may be a different person for RPLP. From what I can tell, your app doesn't go to the others in the committee until after you get an interview invite (at least not to the student members). But don't take this as truth, just what I've gathered from talking to people.

Well, I just figured out what LizzyM was.... lol. I suppose I'm behind the times. My score is not fantastic I did poorly on my first MCAT attempt, but I'm waiting for my new score. It's not a great position to be in let me tell you! is everyone at bowling green still " sent to

I would to hear about your interview experience! I haven't been invited to interview yet.... but I'm game day prepping just in case

I interviewed just about a year ago to today, which is crazy to think about haha.

The biggest thing I would say is to try and figure out where the interview room is the day before. As someone who had literally never been to Kentucky, let alone that hospital, it was hard to find the room.

Interview wise itself, it was a really relaxed chat with two adcoms. Both were physicians within the community and they had my application printed off in front of them. One had made a list of questions/notes about my application to ask me, but it was really very relaxed.

They definitely point out any deficits/positives in your application (for example, I had no shadowing since Canadians aren't allowed to shadow up north) so be prepared to address these or explain why a grade/subsection of the MCAT etc was what it was.

Overall is was a REALLY relaxed day. The tour is absolutely worth doing, it is a very nice facility and it was great to chat with the other interviewees and current students.

I didn't get any "What would you do in X" scenario-type questions that I did in other interviews and I would als say that it wasn't a stressful interview at all.

Be prepared to have questions to ask them! My first adcom gave ME like half the time to ask questions and luckily I had a few dozen prepared off the top of my head hahah.

I loved this interview. It was in and out before 1 in the afternoon, but felt thorough and like it was a good representation of the school. Everyone is so laid back and relaxed - something that was not the case at the other interviews I attended.

Good luck!

Apparently bowling green is also on their own schedule. Still no interview invitations from what I've heard

Yes, when i spoke to Dr. Elam, she said that interview invites will begin in sept.
Dr. Cheever at BG said they will probably send out interviews a little later than main campus and will habe a short interview window. I guess this gives main campus waitlists to have a chance to re-rank for a better shot.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, when i spoke to Dr. Elam, she said that interview invites will begin in sept.
Dr. Cheever at BG said they will probably send out interviews a little later than main campus and will habe a short interview window. I guess this gives main campus waitlists to have a chance to re-rank for a better shot.
I just spoke with Kim Scott she said bowling green will start SCREENING next week. So hopefully interviews the following. The wait continues!

II today. Secondary was sent for review last Wednesday or Thursday to Lexington.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! What interview dates are available?
It currently looks like the only dates available are 11/28, 12/2, 12/12, and 12/16. (11/28 only has one spot left as of this moment)

OOS, primary submitted 6/4, did not respond to email asking for connections to Kentucky (I don't have any), just received a secondary today (9/6). To me, it seems late in the season to submit a secondary. Any opinions?

LizzyM 75, MCAT 518
I've applied to 29 other schools, interviews from 3 so far.

Last edited:
OOS, primary submitted 6/4, did not respond to email asking for connections to Kentucky (I don't have any), just received a secondary today (9/6). To me, it seems late in the season to submit a secondary. Any opinions?

Stats? What other schools have you applied to?

I am OOS, I received the email a few months ago that said OOS applicants wouldn't get an interview unless they were the 90th percentile or above, so I assumed I would not be receiving a secondary. I just received a secondary this morning, which mentioned their class is pretty much filled by December. From skimming through this thread it appears their interviews are already booked up to December. Should I bother filling out the secondary at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LizzyM 75, MCAT 518
I've applied to 29 other schools, interviews from 3 so far.
+1

OOS no ties to the state. I received an invitation to complete the secondary today! LizzyM:72 MCAT:97th Percentile

I am OOS, I received the email a few months ago that said OOS applicants wouldn't get an interview unless they were the 90th percentile or above, so I assumed I would not be receiving a secondary. I just received a secondary this morning, which mentioned their class is pretty much filled by December. From skimming through this thread it appears their interviews are already booked up to December. Should I bother filling out the secondary at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are interested in the school, yes, fill out the secondary. Their interview season runs all the way out to February/March. They just open up interview slots in batches, and not all at once. Best of luck!

Did anyone enter AP credits in under prerequisite courses? How should I do that?

Received an interview invitation for Bowling Green campus this am!!!! So excited