2017-2018 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance today! I interviewed on 2/16, waitlisted mid-March. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard of any waitlist movement?

Not in the Facebook group but I’ll be dropping my spot today after getting off the waitlist at another program. Best of luck to y’all!

Reactions: 2 users
Will be withdrawing from my waitlist position (not that it really matters)! Acceptance from my top choice school. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted today via email from the waitlist! Interviewed 2/17.

Reactions: 1 user
cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.3 with upward trend. MCAT 500 (124/127/124125). Nontrad with 15000+ healthcare hours and 500+ volunteer hours. So grateful for this opportunity!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off waitlist today also! Coincidentally also interviewed 2/17!

Reactions: 4 users
cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.3 with upward trend. MCAT 500 (124/127/124125). Nontrad with 15000+ healthcare hours and 500+ volunteer hours. So grateful for this opportunity!

Did you happen to have a DO letter of rec?

Received my acceptance yesterday! Interview 2/16, waitlisted mid March!
cGPA: 3.42 sGPA: 3.35 MCAT: 505

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, did anyone here get accepted after going through UIW’s MBS program? Just curious.

Hey guys, did anyone here get accepted after going through UIW’s MBS program? Just curious.

search uiw mbs on sdn and you should find some info on that, sounds like as long as you do well in the program you have a really good shot at uiwsom but its not definite.

Hi everyone! I'm waitlisted as well, with statistics similar to those who were accepted this week. I was just curious, of those were accepted since Monday, were y'all in state or out of state applicants?

Hi everyone! I'm waitlisted as well, with statistics similar to those who were accepted this week. I was just curious, of those were accepted since Monday, were y'all in state or out of state applicants?
OOS.

4 More accepted into FB group today. 3 have left today. I think they are like +2 since last week on FB for a total of 126 people.

4 More accepted into FB group today. 3 have left today. I think they are like +2 since last week on FB for a total of 126 people.
well at least there is alot of movement ! been on waitlist since December but I still have hope, even if it's just a small bit lol.

hi
I got Accepted to MBS at university of incarnate word and looking for a roommate for the apartments which are closer to the school

For those that got accepted off of the waitlist recently, did you get the email about admission into their MBS program?

how many people do they usually accept? and how many are filled?
first class had 162 but I went on a tour recently and they said they would only accept a max of 150 for the next class.. If you go off the facebook page they have about 130 members, but there are definitely people accepted who arent in that group, so I would assume they are about full. But its good to see that as people are being added to the group, almost just as many are leaving.

I was recently accepted off of the waitlist at another school and am trying to decide between the two. Can anyone comment on their own personal pros of this school? I definitely had a great interview day and felt very welcomed, but I am nervous about the rotation sites still in development/potentially being placed far from San Antonio for rotations. Seems like I should go with the more established school, but didn't get the same "fit" feeling like I did at UIWSOM.

Performed an Analysis between Class of 2021 and Class of 2022 on Facebook Groups to determine who is in both groups.

There is only 5 members in both groups. With 131 In the 2022 group. That means should mean that only 126 newly accepted students are in the 2022 group. I would estimate that 10% of the people accepted did not join the facebook group. That is 13 people. 126 + 13 = 139.. My guess is there is only 11 open slots if that are going to only accept 150 total.

I was recently accepted off of the waitlist at another school and am trying to decide between the two. Can anyone comment on their own personal pros of this school? I definitely had a great interview day and felt very welcomed, but I am nervous about the rotation sites still in development/potentially being placed far from San Antonio for rotations. Seems like I should go with the more established school, but didn't get the same "fit" feeling like I did at UIWSOM.
I am in your same boat. I think i am going to choose the more developed and established school. When i spoke to the faculty, they werent certain on the rotations and said they are still working on them. Many were in El Paso, the Valley, etc and not fully credentialed or confirmed yet. That was pretty scary to me. I think i will be choosing the other schools.

Last edited:
Just an FYI guys.. You will need to choose your school soon.. I believe on the 30th the schools will be able to drop you if you have been accepted into more than one school. On the 15th all AACOMAS schools must send in their list of people who have been accepted. Duplicates will then be notified to the schools and they have the option to drop you. You don't want to get dropped from all of your schools because you didn't notify the ones you are not going to.

Just an FYI guys.. You will need to choose your school soon.. I believe on the 30th the schools will be able to drop you if you have been accepted into more than one school. On the 15th all AACOMAS schools must send in their list of people who have been accepted. Duplicates will then be notified to the schools and they have the option to drop you. You don't want to get dropped from all of your schools because you didn't notify the ones you are not going to.
thank you for that, i didnt know that!

thank you for that, i didnt know that!
AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines

"After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn."

For those that got accepted off of the waitlist recently, did you get the email about admission into their MBS program?

I got that email about MBS, still hoping to get an acceptance to UIW! I called and asked if the MBS offer means we’re at the bottom of the waitlist and they said that’s not true at all but that’s all they can tell me. I’m hoping it means we’re at least somewhere in the middle.

Accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed in December, 505 MCAT, 3.4 cgpa, 3.4 sgpa, and lots of medical experience. Goodluck to y'all!

The original email they sent me stated I needed to complete the MBS program, but I contacted them and they said to disregard and resent the email to me.

The original email they sent me stated I needed to complete the MBS program, but I contacted them and they said to disregard and resent the email to me.
I never got the email about automatic acceptance into the MBS program, unfortunately. :( I went ahead and applied for the MBS program anyway.

I never got the email about automatic acceptance into the MBS program, unfortunately. :( I went ahead and applied for the MBS program anyway.

you will probably get in to the mbs program since your waitlisted and they may waive app fees for you too

Accepted off the wait list! Will probably be declining offer for NYITCOM

I can't believe I'd ever be in a place to choose between medical school acceptances. Surreal.

Alright so I said I’d withdraw from this school awhile ago, but ended up just waiting on the waitlist.

Was accepted last night.

Will be withdrawing as I’ve got into my top choice school.

For anyone still waiting I was waitlisted in December, sent no updates or LOI, and I’m OOS with no ties to Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted off the waitlist but will be declining for another school. Hope you guys get the email you’ve been waiting for

I just got accepted today!:)
What is the fb group called or will I be added by someone?

I was considering this school for awhile, but now declining my acceptance for a school closer to home. Good luck to all!

Accepted off waitlist today! I have not accepted the offer yet, still deciding.