2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing soon... should I send an update with my significant activities before or after my interview?

Members don't see this ad.

You have two minutes to read and 7 minutes to respond. You get a pad of paper to write, and the prompt is also in the room. i cant remember how many stations there were - probably 10, so it was 90 minutes in all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing soon... should I send an update with my significant activities before or after my interview?

I waited until after the interview - in case I got waitlisted - as per the recommendation from the admissions staff. Conveniently got waitlisted, so it came in handy. But I would send them an email and ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
I waited until after the interview - in case I got waitlisted - as per the recommendation from the admissions staff. Conveniently got waitlisted, so it came in handy. But I would send them an email and ask!

Hmm okay thanks! I'm wondering if it would be better to send post-II before a decision is made, or after a decision. Kind of want to do everything I can to prevent getting another waitlist haha. But I'll ask Admissions during the interview!

Hmm okay thanks! I'm wondering if it would be better to send post-II before a decision is made, or after a decision. Kind of want to do everything I can to prevent getting another waitlist haha. But I'll ask Admissions during the interview!

I would definitely email - I emailed about timing and they were very helpful. They might be able to tell you if pre or post-II is a better time to send it.

Rejected post interview LM 71 complete early August. Feeling sad

I just got offered an interview this week. So pumped!!! I was complete in October if that helps anyone. Good luck to all the applicants!

Just received an II. Complete in August. I'm not sure whether or not to take it - I am already accepted at a school and waitlisted at 3 (2 of which are in-state and are my top choices...) What should I do?

Just received an II. Complete in August. I'm not sure whether or not to take it - I am already accepted at a school and waitlisted at 3 (2 of which are in-state and are my top choices...) What should I do?

Do you have to travel to the interview? Is there a cost you will incur? Would you go to Wake over your current acceptance?

Do you have to travel to the interview? Is there a cost you will incur? Would you go to Wake over your current acceptance?
Yes I would have to travel...I could drive (6-7 hours...), or fly. I don't think I'd go to it over my current acceptance...I guess that settles it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I would have to travel...I could drive (6-7 hours...), or fly. I don't think I'd go to it over my current acceptance...I guess that settles it :)
I went to an interview for a school that I didn't ~think~ I would go to over another acceptance I had because it was within driving distance. I ended up loving the school and I may end up going there over the place I ~thought~ I liked better. If it isn't too much of a financial burden, I would recommend checking out the school, you never know what it's like until you get there!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when more waitlist movement is going to occur? I loves this school so much on interview day but am currently sitting on the waitlist.

Does anyone know when more waitlist movement is going to occur? I loves this school so much on interview day but am currently sitting on the waitlist.
What were some things that really stood out to you about the school and the program?

I would definitely email - I emailed about timing and they were very helpful. They might be able to tell you if pre or post-II is a better time to send it.

I emailed and they said to send the update only if you are waitlisted, since there wouldn't be enough time to review it before a decision is made on your application! (but this was since my interview is coming up pretty soon)

What were some things that really stood out to you about the school and the program?

I liked the facilities, faculty, and students a lot. Also I really liked how they explore different aspects of medicine during each topic/system. They have a multi-dimensional curriculum; the system, ultrasound, clinical skills, case centered learning and population health. I really liked how they tie the system in to all that they are learning about at that time.

Reactions: 4 users
I went to an interview for a school that I didn't ~think~ I would go to over another acceptance I had because it was within driving distance. I ended up loving the school and I may end up going there over the place I ~thought~ I liked better. If it isn't too much of a financial burden, I would recommend checking out the school, you never know what it's like until you get there!

This is good advice. I only applied to Wake to appease my spouse, who has job opportunities in the area. I didn’t expect to fall head over heels in love with the place. Still not sure I’m going to attend Wake (money is playing more heavily into my decision than it probably should), but it was BY FAR my favorite school of the cycle. If I don’t end up going there, I can tell you without a doubt that I’m going to wonder “what if” for the rest of my life.

Reactions: 5 users
This is good advice. I only applied to Wake to appease my spouse, who has job opportunities in the area. I didn’t expect to fall head over heels in love with the place. Still not sure I’m going to attend Wake (money is playing more heavily into my decision than it probably should), but it was BY FAR my favorite school of the cycle. If I don’t end up going there, I can tell you without a doubt that I’m going to wonder “what if” for the rest of my life.

You've captured my feelings very eloquently! Wake blew me away, and it met every single one of my personal criteria for the perfect medical school. The only thing that's giving me pause is that it's very far away from my support system. I'm absolutely gutted that I can't make it to second look :(.

I decided to accept the interview invite - you never know! Thank you so much everyone!

Is it crazy that I really want to get accepted by Wake Forest, because there’s a Tropical Smoothie cafe near the school? It’s legit on my pros list.

No! It's not crazy at all! I added a few mental points to Wake when I realized they had apartments within walking distance of the campus.

Reactions: 1 users
YOU GUYS. I was able to somehow rearrange my schedule to fly out to second look. It's going to be a ridiculous weekend of crazy flights and back-to-back second looks, but it's going to happen!!! I hope to meet some of you guys there :)

YOU GUYS. I was able to somehow rearrange my schedule to fly out to second look. It's going to be a ridiculous weekend of crazy flights and back-to-back second looks, but it's going to happen!!! I hope to meet some of you guys there :)

I will be there - can't wait to meet you!

I'll be there too!

See y’all there :)

Well if all of my favorite people are going, I guess I better book my flight, too!

Reactions: 3 users
For those accepted post II, are there any tips or online resources you used that helped for the MMI?

For those accepted post II, are there any tips or online resources you used that helped for the MMI?

I googled MMI practice questions and had people throw random questions at me non-stop for a couple weeks.

II this morning. Wasn't expecting another interview this cycle so I'm pretty over the moon. Love this school too.

II! can anyone give me any info about the school? what do you like/dislike about it?

I’m game!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobil
Didn't mean to exclude you! I'll start a chat so that I can find this group of people more easily in April, lol.
We will have some non-traditional students around on Friday night and on Saturday. We are going to see if the students can have a "non-trad" dinner on Saturday. Stay tuned...

Has anyone else not been able to join the accepted students FB page?

Interviewed here today and wow, fell in love with this school. Super impressed with everything I saw. Blew away my expectations and I will be absolutely devastated if I don't have the chance to attend.

Interviewed here today and wow, fell in love with this school. Super impressed with everything I saw. Blew away my expectations and I will be absolutely devastated if I don't have the chance to attend.
Can you elaborate on what you liked? And how hard/crazy/weird were the MMI questions?

Can you elaborate on what you liked? And how hard/crazy/weird were the MMI questions?
Everything was just amazing. The facilities are gorgeous, there is a huge focus on student wellness. The students were amazing and really happy. The 18 month curriculum to have more time for electives and aways is a huge plus for me. 6 weeks of dedicated step studying. Just about everything I am looking for in a school. It's by far the top school on my list

Can't really say much about the MMI, but it wasn't bad at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Sent in letter of interest. I'm thinking of sending in an update letter concerning a publication I'm currently writing. Is this advised? I know Wake doesn't want to see my grades. But I have new masters grades (4.13 GPA at an Ivy)... Should I include a transcript?

Last edited:
We will have some non-traditional students around on Friday night and on Saturday. We are going to see if the students can have a "non-trad" dinner on Saturday. Stay tuned...

That's fantastic! Would love to attend.

Hi! I still have not head anything back since submitting my secondary back in August. Are all interview invites out?

Thanks!

Hi! I still have not head anything back since submitting my secondary back in August. Are all interview invites out?

Thanks!
I haven't heard anything either after submitting in August. They say that they review apps until March and they aren't afraid to reject so I am staying positive about Wake!

Waitlisted. Sent in letter of interest. I'm thinking of sending in an update letter concerning a publication I'm currently writing. Is this advised? I know Wake doesn't want to see my grades. But I have new masters grades (4.13 GPA at an Ivy)... Should I include a transcript?
4.13??? o_O Are you taking AP classes??