2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 cycles 6 interviews and my first acceptance I can't stop crying. Can't wait to get started and show Wake they made the right bet

Reactions: 17 users
3 cycles 6 interviews and my first acceptance I can't stop crying. Can't wait to get started and show Wake they made the right bet
Congratulations!! Celebrate tonight :) This is also my third cycle, and when I received my first acceptance I burst out crying and started hugging everyone in my office (dramatic? no...)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah now I'm worried I haven't heard anything lol. Interviewed on 2/16 and decisions go out today for me

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the email, I got waitlisted! God I hope I get moved

Hey @Pathdocmd ! I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this, but when responding to being waitlisted, should we reply directly to the email from Ashley or to [email protected]? I originally sent my letter of continued interest/update as a reply to Ashley's email but now I'm wondering if it would have been seen and added to my file

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist! But keeping my fingers crossed! This school was amazing and would welcome the opportunity to attend!

Hey @Pathdocmd ! I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this, but when responding to being waitlisted, should we reply directly to the email from Ashley or to [email protected]? I originally sent my letter of continued interest/update as a reply to Ashley's email but now I'm wondering if it would have been seen and added to my file
Send it the [email protected]. I'm sure Ashley saw it.

I just received my acceptance here and I am in total shock. I am soooo excited and grateful! I can't wait to meet all of you.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here yesterday and WOW. Everything I am looking for in curriculum, they have. And on top of that, they incorporate ultrasound into the curriculum which not many schools do. I was incredibly impressed. Not to mention that the building is brand new and beautiful! Downtown Winston-Salem is so cute! It would really be an honor to attend here.

ACCEPTED TODAY! :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, so I was waitlisted but I'm gonna start prepping for the possibility of getting accepted. What are you planning to do with housing? Idk if it's mostly through the accepted facebook page, but how do matriculants meet future roommates? This is all dependent on when you are accepted, but I'm just wondering about how easy it would be to find housing if its a couple months before classes start

Do you guys know how many people they waitlist a year??? I know their post interview acceptance rate, but it does seem like they waitlist quite a bit of people so I’m wondering how many of us actually have a chance. I know their class is usually 1/3 people of waitlist but that doesn’t mean that exactly 35 people were accepted off the waitlist, because some could have withdrawn afterwards.
Can you guys feel the anxiety emanating from my words? It’s palpable...

@Pathdocmd is there anything you can tell us about the number of spots remaining and/or the number of people on the waitlist?

Any current WF students open to answer some of my questions?

Also, any accepted applicants having a difficult time making a decision on Wake Forest vs. other schools. PM me! I'm having a tough time deciding.

I still haven't heard anything at all.. any chance of an interview at this point? When is the last date?

I still haven't heard anything at all.. any chance of an interview at this point? When is the last date?

I think the last date they gave me was mid-March, and I was invited one week before the next available date, so there's a possibility for this week I'd guess

Hi All! I chose to apply to wake forest because I have heard of it! I KNOW, silly reason. But anyways I was just offered an interview here, can someone please give me a run down of some basic facts about WF? For example why should I want to go to a school like this specifically vs other schools? What kind of things make WF special relative to other schools? What could I get at WF that I couldn’t at other schools ? How is the hospital here relative to say cooper hospital in NJ (If anyone’s familiar) I currently am accepted into a CMSRU and am trying to see if it’s worth it to miss class and drop $850 to go to this interview, but from my preliminary research it does seem like a more established and better school than cmsru. Thanks!!

Hi All! I chose to apply to wake forest because I have heard of it! I KNOW, silly reason. But anyways I was just offered an interview here, can someone please give me a run down of some basic facts about WF? For example why should I want to go to a school like this specifically vs other schools? What kind of things make WF special relative to other schools? What could I get at WF that I couldn’t at other schools ? How is the hospital here relative to say cooper hospital in NJ (If anyone’s familiar) I currently am accepted into a CMSRU and am trying to see if it’s worth it to miss class and drop $850 to go to this interview, but from my preliminary research it does seem like a more established and better school than cmsru. Thanks!!

As far as WF goes, here are what makes WF one of my top choices:
-Very established program - founded in 1902
-Has a good reputation with Residency program directors, Students do well in the match
-18-month preclinical education, leaving extra time for exploring specialities
-True Pass/Fail preclinical education
-New Building that is very bright and open
-Extremely low cost of living
-From what i've heard, traffic is not an issue in the area
-Houses like in Harry Potter (how can this not be a huge plus?)
-NC location is close to hiking and outdoor activities (if you like this kind of thing - this is definitely a plus in my book)
-One main teaching hospital, so you're not driving all over creation during your clinical rotations (and I believe they have a trauma center)
-One of the cheaper private schools, and they are fairly generous with aid and scholarships
-As far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong), classes are not mandatory unless you have a special guest speaker (I plan to go regardless)
-It is in the middle of a very small city center, which gives it a bit of an urban feel while still being in a suburban area

I have some individual plusses and minuses to the school that have to do with my personal situation (such as how far my husband would have to drive to work, where I want to match, etc.). It's really hard to give you a specific answer as to whether you should attend the interview. There are a lot of people who interviewed here and absolutely loved it and would like to get off the waitlist. There are also many people waiting to get an interview here and would take your place in a heartbeat. I think it's a fantastic school with an established reputation and an excellent Pass/Fail curriculum. I hope this helps a little with your decision. FWIW, I have not regretted going to any of my interviews as each school has given me a different perspective on what I am looking for and has helped me determine what is really important.

Reactions: 9 users
To those that interviewed - did you write a thank you note to the admissions committee? They didn't say anything about thank you notes on my interview day, and I'm not sure if one is necessary since the interview was MMI style.

To those that interviewed - did you write a thank you note to the admissions committee? They didn't say anything about thank you notes on my interview day, and I'm not sure if one is necessary since the interview was MMI style.
If it's something you want to do, go for it. I didn't.

Reactions: 1 user

I emailed after the interview and they said we could write one to the admissions committee. I chose to write one as it felt odd not to thank everyone for their help, but it wasn't necessary.

I didn’t and I got an acceptance.

I interviewed at Wake yesterday, and it is by far the most impressive program I have seen. All of the students I talked to were extremely welcoming and seemed very happy with the program as a whole. I cannot think of anything I disliked about the program or my experience at Wake: it would be a privilege to attend. They said we would hear back soon, so it's time to anxiously wait and neurotically check my email for the next few weeks. I hope the news is good, and I have the opportunity to meet all of you someday!

Reactions: 6 users

Personally, I sent a physical note. I just addressed it to the committee to say thank you. :)

...it would be a privilege to attend...
I go here and am still bursting with gratitude each and every day, so I understand what you mean. Love this school so much. Hope you hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else freak out when they saw an e-mail from Wake today...only to discover that it's a post-interview survey?

I got a phone call today asking if I want to attend an interview tomorrow, which is their last interview day). I declined, but just thought maybe this info would be useful?

Anyone heard of any more dates for people to be pulled off the waitlist?

Last edited:
I am available to interview tomorrow!!!

Is today a decision day for Wake? I interviewed on 3/5 and they said we'd know by the end of this week.