-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wayne State University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Soon? That's ambiguous. I'm dying here.Called the office they said later Sept II's should find out "soon". Hoping that means by the end of the week!
M
mimicatmonster
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure about when, but I know there is no deposit for wayne which is niceDoes anyone know when accepted students will get instructions about deposit/transcripts/background check stuff? Or is it too early for that?
You have to send them your transcripts directly (send them to the admissions office). You should get an email about your background check soon (mine came 3 days after I got admitted). And keep in mind that once everything is done it'll take at least a few weeks to register on your application portal that they've received everything.Does anyone know when accepted students will get instructions about deposit/transcripts/background check stuff? Or is it too early for that?
8/25 Interview and still no update. Do they reject post interview or only waitlist and accept? Wonder if I should call... Maybe being too neurotic at this point lol
Man... last year they released like 80+ acceptances on Monday, plus a bunch of wait lists. Then they sent out more offers on Wednesday and Thursday. This year they've sent out 55 and it's been crickets since Monday. I'm getting sick of logging in to the portal.....
I interviewed 10/9 and was told to expect to hear back by 11/9, but I wonder if since the mid-sept interviews haven't heard back yet, it'll push back when 10/9 interviews will hear back :/ I really hope not cause the waiting game is killing me.Man... last year they released like 80+ acceptances on Monday, plus a bunch of wait lists. Then they sent out more offers on Wednesday and Thursday. This year they've sent out 55 and it's been crickets since Monday. I'm getting sick of logging in to the portal.....
Last edited:
I think you’ll just be included with the next batch!I interviewed 10/9 and was told to expect to hear back by 11/9, but I wonder if since the mid-sept interviews haven't heard back yet, will it push back when 10/9 interviews will hear back :/ I really hope not cause the waiting game is killing me.
Hope so!I think you’ll just be included with the next batch!
Yeah no change in the portal and email empty.Did you check your portal and your Wayne email?
Any other accepted students know what we do next? I filled out that confirmation form, but there's a new spot on the portal for background check. How do we send that to them? How do we put down a deposit to hold our spots?
Everyone freaking out about an acceptance and I'm still here holding out hope for an II...
Any other accepted students know what we do next? I filled out that confirmation form, but there's a new spot on the portal for background check. How do we send that to them? How do we put down a deposit to hold our spots?
According to their Instagram they just sent out acceptance packets which will probably have detailed info for next steps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the WL email on my main email address after portal change on Tuesday.
+1Just got the WL email on my main email address after portal change on Tuesday.
Any other August interviews still hear nothing and have no change in portal?
It seems everyone on here who interviewed in August heard something whether it be a WL or acceptance. Silence on my end. 8/25 II
It seems everyone on here who interviewed in August heard something whether it be a WL or acceptance. Silence on my end. 8/25 II
My gut feeling tells me that we'll know on Monday.Any other August interviews still hear nothing and have no change in portal?
It seems everyone on here who interviewed in August heard something whether it be a WL or acceptance. Silence on my end. 8/25 II
Just received the official admission letter to my AMCAS e-mail, said they're sending a "formal admissions letter... to your preferred AMCAS mailing address." Originally found out via portal 10/16 and then on 10/17 got the e-mail to reserve my seat to my Wayne e-mail. Good luck to everybody waiting!
You'll get an email for the background check, you don't have to do anything. There's no deposit. And you have to send the office of admissions your transcripts directly.Any other accepted students know what we do next? I filled out that confirmation form, but there's a new spot on the portal for background check. How do we send that to them? How do we put down a deposit to hold our spots?
Did people who were Waitlisted get access to the Wayne email?
+1Everyone freaking out about an acceptance and I'm still here holding out hope for an II...
When is it okay to send an email to Wayne State, I have been complete since 7/26/17, IS, Lizzy Score 66 and went there for undergrad....... I still haven't heard a peep from them, I am beyond concerned at this point.
It's still pretty early, I really wouldn't panic just yet. Many of my friends who applied to Wayne last year, didn't get their IIs until November and December. You still have plenty of time! 🙂When is it okay to send an email to Wayne State, I have been complete since 7/26/17, IS, Lizzy Score 66 and went there for undergrad....... I still haven't heard a peep from them, I am beyond concerned at this point.
too late to send in a primary here?
too late to send in a primary here?
Shoot your shot but know your at a large disadvantage due to time
why wouldnt decisions be sent out today?Don't suppose any decisions will be sent out today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope there will be, but it seems they've been behind, so I'm not sure. Also not sure when the next batch is supposed to go out. Waiting to hear if anyone posts with an admissions decision today!why wouldnt decisions be sent out today?
Can someone please recommend an affordable hotel near Wayne State?
Can someone please recommend an affordable hotel near Wayne State?
Try Airbnb
Can someone please recommend an affordable hotel near Wayne State?
There's nothing really too cheap in the area, lots of expensive and casino hotels. I'd opt for an airbnb, or potentially finding someplace in Royal Oak or Ferndale. Keep in mind that these are suburbs so you'd need to get a ride to Wayne.
I recommend a student host!Can someone please recommend an affordable hotel near Wayne State?
Every day I wake up thinking, "today will be the day," and every day I'm disappointed. Waiting on word for September interview decision. Come on Wayne, put me out of my misery.I hope there will be, but it seems they've been behind, so I'm not sure. Also not sure when the next batch is supposed to go out. Waiting to hear if anyone posts with an admissions decision today!
!!!!!!Every day I wake up thinking, "today will be the day," and every day I'm disappointed. Waiting on word for September interview decision. Come on Wayne, put me out of my misery.
Seriously! I wish we had set dates for all admission decisions so we'd know exactly what day to go crazy on. Instead of all of them like I'm currently doing lolEvery day I wake up thinking, "today will be the day," and every day I'm disappointed. Waiting on word for September interview decision. Come on Wayne, put me out of my misery.
Didn't someone say something about November 9th? Would make sense. On my Oct 2nd interview date they told us that decisions would most likely be released second week of November for us.
I think they tell the applicants the absolute last day in which they will hear back though. It could be sooner. If you interviewed in October, I doubt it will be this week though, they seem to be a bit behind as they are still making their way through September.Didn't someone say something about November 9th? Would make sense. On my Oct 2nd interview date they told us that decisions would most likely be released second week of November for us.
What time of day does this school update the portal for interviews? Is it only in the morning?
November 9th is when they told our interview day group (October 9) we should hear back by. But she said that was contingent on whether or not the committee meets on timeDidn't someone say something about November 9th? Would make sense. On my Oct 2nd interview date they told us that decisions would most likely be released second week of November for us.
Y
Yeee95
Does anyone know how soon transcripts have to be submitted? Is it just any time before April?
Is anyone still on "Med school in Review," since August? I haven't received a single update from Wayne. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone still on "Med school in Review," since August? I haven't received a single update from Wayne. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Yup

July 29th here. No commentsIs anyone still on "Med school in Review," since August? I haven't received a single update from Wayne. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Yup 8/12 I believe. This silence is deafeningIs anyone still on "Med school in Review," since August? I haven't received a single update from Wayne. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Any Sept 15 interviewees hear back yet :[
Nope!Any Sept 15 interviewees hear back yet :[