2017-2018 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status on portal changed to MD Admit! No email though!
Check your Wayne email rather than your personal email! When Wayne previously (mistakenly by glitch) changed my status to Med School Admit, the acceptance letter was automatically sent to my Wayne email. Hope this helps/works!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't really know anything about this application process, accepting now won't affect how other schools view my application right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really know anything about this application process, accepting now won't affect how other schools view my application right?
You're allowed to hold multiple acceptances until April 30. Then you have to decline all but one.

Reactions: 1 user
drkks is right! I just checked my Wayne email and there was a link sent to me to accept my admission! No email to my regular account though

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone here who has interviewed speak to the "student interview" aspect of interview day? Interviewed here last year, but noticed on the admissions page that this would be added for the current cycle. Thanks!!

Can anyone here who has interviewed speak to the "student interview" aspect of interview day? Interviewed here last year, but noticed on the admissions page that this would be added for the current cycle. Thanks!!
The student interview for me was more or less a mini version of the long interview. I had 2 students, an M2 and a M1. They asked pretty standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. It's just a shorter, more casual interview that I believe is meant to gauge how you would be as a classmate.

Reactions: 2 users
The student interview for me was more or less a mini version of the long interview. I had 2 students, an M2 and a M1. They asked pretty standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. It's just a shorter, more casual interview that I believe is meant to gauge how you would be as a classmate.
Thanks a ton for the insight!

I interviewed the 25th in the afternoon and haven't heard anything. Anyone else as well?
I was an afternoon 8/25 interview no emails or changes still says invite to interview. Feeling like the WL is coming could be wrong though! No news is no news!

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, this is the official answer from the AMCAS manual:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 2.53.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 2.53.25 PM.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 128
Members don't see this ad :)
The student interview was the most enjoyable one for me. It was very laid back and like another user said, I believe the purpose was just to gauge how you'd be as a student. I was lucky and was paired with a student I actually had a lot in common with. It's the most relaxing interview in my opinion so don't be afraid to have fun with it and show them you have a personality outside of "I want to do medicine." :)

If we have the MA (med school admit status) do we have to do anything to confirm this? I still haven't gotten an email or anything from the school ie sending in a deposit or signing a form
Apparently if you check your wayne email, theres a link to accept

If I interviewed in August and still haven't heard back, probably a sign that I will be on the waitlist?

Still says invite to interview for me. II 9/15

Waitlisted, interview 9/11. How do we tell our placement on the waitlist? I know usually schools release information letting you know if your a high priority or low priority student.

Waitlisted, interview 9/11. How do we tell our placement on the waitlist? I know usually schools release information letting you know if your a high priority or low priority student.

Wayne does not. It’s a blind process from here until orientation.

I believe September 15th and onwards is still being reviewed

Placed on the alternate list :(

Schools are not able to see where you've applied/any status at any other school.

8/28 Interview, accepted yesterday. The student interview was a moderately casual, 30min. conversation with an M2 or M3 (90% sure M3). You explore your application a little bit, but mostly talk about your motivations to attend WSU and why you feel it's a match. The tone of the interview is more relaxed than the hour long staff interview, but the content is largely the same. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
+1 for acceptance email being in Wayne St. email. Access it at connect.wayne.edu with the same login you use for the normal portal.

Schools are not able to see where you've applied/any status at any other school.
Actually I've been told they can. My mom's friend is on the board of another out of state medical school, and he said that there is a platform/forum where school committees can see your progress with the other schools you've applied to. It's a scary concept, but it apparently happens.

Did you all log into the email after interview or preII

anyone accepted that interviewed in September onward?

Interviewed 9/11 AM group and was accepted the other day!! Only e-mail was sent to my Wayne account and it was the short form required to reserve your seat

Interviewed 9/11 AM group and was accepted the other day!! Only e-mail was sent to my Wayne account and it was the short form required to reserve your seat
That's awesome! :claps:My interviews scheduled for the morning too! What was the general order of things? And any tips you wish you knew going in??

That's awesome! :claps:My interviews scheduled for the morning too! What was the general order of things? And any tips you wish you knew going in??

Well, they put you into different groups (based on the color of the sticker on your badge) and each group does the stations in a different order, the stations being: faculty interview, student interview, and MMI stations. We had a short presentation about the school before beginning the interviews. My group did the faculty interview first which was extremely laid back and I was asked the typical "why here, why med" questions. It's an open interview so they knew my grades and MCAT.

Then I had my 30 minute student interview (I think an MS3) which was a little more structured. Student interviewers are given your app ahead of time and my interviewer made a list of questions she wanted to ask and we basically just went through that until we ran out of time. Less laid back than my faculty interview but I think the norm is that it's also very chill. I don't remember if she had my GPA and MCAT but I don't think so.

Afterwards it was the MMIs and then we ate lunch with current MS2s and asked them questions before going on the tour! All in all it was a relaxed day and everybody seemed really nice. I wish I had been less stressed because everybody is really just trying to get to know you and make sure that you're a good fit for Wayne. Wayne is very community oriented and they want people who want to give back and have showed that in their application. Just be yourself and make sure you show you're passionate and driven and it should be a cake walk! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Checked my portal today and found a II! No email, complete on 7/13.

Reactions: 3 users
Checked my portal today and found a II! No email, complete on 7/13.

Damn. I got all excited because I was also complete on 7/13. Checked portal and still says MR for me. Congratulations to you though!!

I may have been dreaming but I think I remember reading online that Wayne State accepts the most students off of the wait-list out of any medical school. I think it said around 200/290. Anyone else see this? I might be going crazy. It might have been in the interview presentation?

I may have been dreaming but I think I remember reading online that Wayne State accepts the most students off of the wait-list out of any medical school. I think it said around 200/290. Anyone else see this? I might be going crazy. It might have been in the interview presentation?

Historically that has been true because OOS tuition used to be ridiculous. Last year it seemed like there wasn't much waitlist movement (not sure tho) so not sure what will happen this year!

From MSAR: "Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 500. Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 200"

But that's still good odds! At my interview the MS2s said that a lot of their classmates were accepted off of the WL and that there's WL movement from November all the way until matriculation.

Anyone from Sept. 25th interview date hear back? Crickets here

Do you guys think it’s too early to write a letter of intent? I was waitlisted yesterday and Wayne is my top choice.