You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wayne State University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got accepted by email today! I interviewed 8/14 and am in-state. They put me on waitlist last wk, and that status is still in the portal, but I called to confirm the acceptance. Will definitely be matriculating!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is from their Instagram. Clearly says they will send out more this week. Plus on my interview day they said we would hear in October. And I believe that someone earlier in the thread and called and said they would be releasing more before that November date.
Attachments
OOS?Sept 25 interview. Received acceptance e-mail earlier today.
Well I interviewed 9/15 and my portal hasn’t been updated. Based off last week’s trend, probably a waitlist incoming?
I'm 9/25 also, but no acceptance. Maybe I've been WLed/rejected then
Interviewed the same date. Same boat.I'm 9/25 also, but no acceptance. Maybe I've been WLed/rejected then
SameInterviewed the same date. Same boat.
I'm not thinking that they've released many of their decisions from our layer dates (9/15 on). Otherwise you'd have a lot more than two people posting I think.
8/25 interview and still no update.. I am assuming I've been rejected? Idk no emails in either Wayne email or my AAMC and no portal change. Would be surprised if I hadn't been reviewed yet. Any other August stragglers?or early September?
8/25 interview and still no update.. I am assuming I've been rejected? Idk no emails in either Wayne email or my AAMC and no portal change. Would be surprised if I hadn't been reviewed yet. Any other August stragglers?or early September?
9/11 interview and nothing yet [emoji21]
@officialsocks17 @section218 anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing here, portal still says invite for interview@officialsocks17 @section218 anything?
Just received my offer of acceptance today! Super excited! Good luck everyone!
@officialsocks17 @section218 anything?
Nothing from me either!
Do/did you attend Charles Drew?9/11 interview and nothing yet [emoji21]
yeah, did my username give it away? [emoji28]Do/did you attend Charles Drew?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using SDN mobile
yeah, did my username give it away? [emoji28]
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using
Haha I didn't know if it was an acronym for something else. I just completed my master's from there. Post bac or master's, if you don't mind me asking?
Interviewed this day too! Were you morning or afternoon interview?I interviewed oct 9 and was accepted earlier this morning via email.
afternoonInterviewed this day too! Were you morning or afternoon interview?
Me too! What time did you hear back? Also congrats!afternoon
I got the email at 11:30AM yesterday and thanks 🙂Me too! What time did you hear back? Also congrats!
@Eatpraylove37 @officialsocks17 @section218 I'm beginning to think that the committee for Sept 15 interviews is laggin it
Just doesn’t make sense lol but oh well@Eatpraylove37 @officialsocks17 @section218 I'm beginning to think that the committee for Sept 15 interviews is laggin it
Got accepted by email today! I interviewed 8/14 and am in-state. They put me on waitlist last wk, and that status is still in the portal, but I called to confirm the acceptance. Will definitely be matriculating!
Welcome future classmate 🙂
I was visiting a friend who goes to Wayne this weekend and I stopped by the admissions office to ask for updates on my app. I was complete on July 18th and still haven't heard anything. I was told that my app is complete and that I would be notified if selected for an interview between now and December. I'm not sure if that's what they tell everyone who stops by their office to ask for an update. It could be a silent rejection or maybe there's still hope? I have no idea.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was visiting a friend who goes to Wayne this weekend and I stopped by the admissions office to ask for updates on my app. I was complete on July 18th and still haven't heard anything. I was told that my app is complete and that I would be notified if selected for an interview between now and December. I'm not sure if that's what they tell everyone who stops by their office to ask for an update. It could be a silent rejection or maybe there's still hope? I have no idea.
From what I can tell, Wayne does not give silent rejections, but I could be wrong. Either way, hope for the best 🙂
Anyone else from 9/25 interviews on, hear anything?
Oct 2 and silence so far. Having an awful week and would love some good news right about now 🙁Anyone else from 9/25 interviews on, hear anything?
Oct 2 and silence so far. Having an awful week and would love some good news right about now 🙁
I am so sorry that you are having a bad week! I hope you the best and you can PM me if you ever want someone to talk to
Sigh, still nothing. To be fair, on 9/25 they told us to expect to hear back by mid/late November.Anyone else from 9/25 interviews on, hear anything?
That is so nice! 🙂 Thank you! You're gonna be a great doctorI am so sorry that you are having a bad week! I hope you the best and you can PM me if you ever want someone to talk to
8/25 interview and still chilling... Did ya'll lose my file?..... 

Thats so sweet! I am sure that you will be too. 🙂That is so nice! 🙂 Thank you! You're gonna be a great doctor
For everyone who has been accepted, if you haven't found it yet we have a facebook page. Search 'Wayne State University Class of 2022'. Can't wait to meet you all!
complete 7/14, silence as well, LizzyM = 71Is anyone still on "Med school in Review," since August? I haven't received a single update from Wayne. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Complete 7/18 and still nothingcomplete 7/14, silence as well, lizzyM = 71
Is Wayne only accepting or waitlisting people who interviewed like last year or are they actually rejecting people this time around? Interviewed 10/9, will receive a decision 11/10. Last year I interviewed 12/12, got waitlisted 4 days later then rejected in late July/early August.
From what I've seen on this forum so far, it seems to only be acceptances and waitlists that have been given out. I've been told that rejections don't come until the end of the cycle, like you mentioned before. I also interviewed on 10/9. 11/10 can't come fast enough!Is Wayne only accepting or waitlisting people who interviewed like last year or are they actually rejecting people this time around? Interviewed 10/9, will receive a decision 11/10. Last year I interviewed 12/12, got waitlisted 4 days later then rejected in late July/early August.
Complete 7/12, still nothing either. Fingers crossed for all of us that we're in the next batch of interviews!Complete 7/18 and still nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 7/15 and radio silencecomplete 7/14, silence as well, lizzyM = 71
I'd love to know the answer to this.. I interviewed 8/25 and everyone I have talk to has been WL or Accepted. My portal has not changed.. IDK if i'm proof of rejection or being pushed to later decision date.Is Wayne only accepting or waitlisting people who interviewed like last year or are they actually rejecting people this time around? Interviewed 10/9, will receive a decision 11/10. Last year I interviewed 12/12, got waitlisted 4 days later then rejected in late July/early August.
Your interviewers have to be able to attend the adcom meeting, I believe. Perhaps your interviewer was not available that date?I'd love to know the answer to this.. I interviewed 8/25 and everyone I have talk to has been WL or Accepted. My portal has not changed.. IDK if i'm proof of rejection or being pushed to later decision date.
Could be a logical and reasonable explanation! But this is neuroticville LOLYour interviewers have to be able to attend the adcom meeting, I believe. Perhaps your interviewer was not available that date?
So i have an interview mid nov for another school but if I get accepted to Wayne then I'm guna decline that II. Interviewed at wayne 9/15 and still havent heard so im wondering if i should call wayne and explain to them my situation. not tryna invest financially for another II if i dont have to ... thoughts?