-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wayne State University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted 🙂 Interviewed 9/11
Congrats!!!!!! I interviewed on the same day as well.
Feeling like a broken record but anyone from 9/15 hear back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8
853006
Accepted! OOS, interviewed on 9/25
Congrats everyone! 🙂 9/15 here and still nothing
yeah.... 9/25. Now I'm worried. Are they all going out at the same time or trickling out.
Interviewed 8/28, waitlisted 10/16, accepted half an hour ago 🙂
EDIT: No change to portal, but I got the email and they said they'll send something by snail mail as well. Also, I'm an idiot and realized I interviewed on 8/28 not 8/25...lol.
EDIT: No change to portal, but I got the email and they said they'll send something by snail mail as well. Also, I'm an idiot and realized I interviewed on 8/28 not 8/25...lol.
Last edited:
Interviewed 8/25, waitlisted 10/16, accepted half an hour ago 🙂
EDIT: No change to portal, but I got the email and they said they'll send something by snail mail as well.
Congrats! This gives me hope.
Congrats! Did you update them at all or just wait?Interviewed 8/25, waitlisted 10/16, accepted half an hour ago 🙂
EDIT: No change to portal, but I got the email and they said they'll send something by snail mail as well.
Congrats to those who’ve been accepted. Anyone who interviewed on the afternoon of 10/6 hear back yet?
8/25 interview and still not a single word.... People out here getting off the WL I'm just tryna get an initial decision. C'mon man!
Have others from your interview date heard back yet?8/25 interview and still not a single word.... People out here getting off the WL I'm just tryna get an initial decision. C'mon man!
Yes. Everyone I talked to has heard. One person up the thread was WL then accepted today!Have others from your interview date heard back yet?
8/25 interview and still not a single word.... People out here getting off the WL I'm just tryna get an initial decision. C'mon man!
Have others from your interview date heard back yet?
I was on that interview day. At this point, I would give the office a call and see what's going on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In that case, I would definitely call and inquire about your status. Couldn't hurt. Especially, if you're the last of the bunch waiting for a response.Yes. Everyone I talked to has heard. One person up the thread was WL then accepted today!
Think I will do that! Especially since they said I should've heard by 10/16In that case, I would definitely call and inquire about your status. Couldn't hurt. Especially, if you're the last of the bunch waiting for a response.
The month-long wait has been torture, I can't fathom how you've done it. Hopefully both our decisions come tomorrowThink I will do that! Especially since they said I should've heard by 10/16
Thanks everyone! I did send them an LOI/TY letter post-interview, and then I uploaded an update/LOI post-WL decision to the portal.Congrats! Did you update them at all or just wait?
Accepted! Interviewed 9/11. Previously waitlisted, OOS, LizzyM 70ish, and ORM.
Did you just receive the email?
Same 🙁Same
interviewed 9/25 as well...no change on portal and no email updates...Interviewed 9/25. No updates. Come one Wayne. T_T pleeease love me
interviewed 9/25 as well (morning). Maybe I misheard them, but I thought they said 10/16 was the date they would be sending our updates.Sigh, still nothing. To be fair, on 9/25 they told us to expect to hear back by mid/late November.
There were 1-2 Canadians in my interview group, I’m sure others have interviewed since!Any Canadian interviewed here yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a Canadian in my interview group (10/9)Any Canadian interviewed here yet?
Last edited:
How the hell did they go from 4700 applications last year (which was above average from what I remember), to 8000 this year?!
This seems to be similar to what other schools are experiencing? Are there way more applicants this year than ever before, or are more people just applying to more schools?
This seems to be similar to what other schools are experiencing? Are there way more applicants this year than ever before, or are more people just applying to more schools?
How the hell did they go from 4700 applications last year (which was above average from what I remember), to 8000 this year?!
This seems to be similar to what other schools are experiencing? Are there way more applicants this year than ever before, or are more people just applying to more schools?
They cut the cost of OOS tuition.
Sent from my iPhone
How much was it vs now? I thought MSAR said about 70k which is pretty steep. Was that for last years class?They cut the cost of OOS tuition.
Sent from my iPhone
How much was it vs now? I thought MSAR said about 70k which is pretty steep. Was that for last years class?
I'm not sure but they cut it by 30% this year and increased the percentage of OOS students to up to 50%.
Sent from my iPad
Check your Wayne emailHave MA on portal interviewed 9/25 but no email... can I celebrate yet or still hold my breath?!
nothing there either 🙁 it just says "Good afternoon" and "install software" BUT I called and the admissions staff said it might take a couple days for the email so 🙂Check your Wayne email
Any more decisions today? Any waitlists yesterday or today?
Interviewed 10/9, was told I'd get a decision today but still nothing. Did everyone who interviewed get a decision on the day they were supposed to?
I called the Office of Admissions to ask if there was a form/deposit I needed to fill out/pay to confirm my acceptance, and they said no, but then I checked my Wayne email and there was an email from a couple hours ago asking me to fill out a form to confirm my acceptance...lolwut 

Interviewed 10/9, was told I'd get a decision today but still nothing. Did everyone who interviewed get a decision on the day they were supposed to?
Interviewed 10/6. Was told I'd hear back today. Nothing via email or portal.
D
deleted814471
secondary was submitted back 9/6, have heard nothing, have no idea if I am even under review, any ideas??
So excited to interview here in 2 days! 
Join the club. Ive been at it since early August.secondary was submitted back 9/6, have heard nothing, have no idea if I am even under review, any ideas??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year I had my secondary submitted 9\3 and didn't get an II until February. Waiting sucks but they have thousands of applications to get through, just because you haven't heard back by now doesn't mean you won't get good news eventually!secondary was submitted back 9/6, have heard nothing, have no idea if I am even under review, any ideas??
For those of us that were supposed to hear back 11/9 but didn't. Should we expect to wait until December to hear back? I know many committees only meet once a month, does anyone know if that's also the case for Wayne?
Perhaps call and see how they are handling meetings due to upcoming holidays.
Sent from my iPhone