2017-2018 Wayne State University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email saying I was accepted today. Interviewed way back on 8/25 and was silent until now. This forum is on fire though pray it's not a glitch. How sad that would be....

I got the acceptance email first in Oct after being on the waitlist for a week. I interviewed 8/14 so I made sure to call the office before doing anything else because my portal didn't change, but it was legit! I don't think your case is a glitch, but make sure to call Monday to confirm.
 
I got the acceptance email first in Oct after being on the waitlist for a week. I interviewed 8/14 so I made sure to call the office before doing anything else because my portal didn't change, but it was legit! I don't think your case is a glitch, but make sure to call Monday to confirm.

I'm sure the high activity today is a result of the fact that the admissions committee sent acceptances for various interview dates todays, and not the result of any sort of glitch. I'm sure they are very careful before sending out acceptances since as you said, to have an acceptance rescinded due to a glitch would be devastating. Anyway, congratulations to everyone accepted today, well deserved!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I don’t want to fuel anxiety, but I just called and was told by the person that they weren’t sure if Wayne sent out acceptances this past Friday and that they’ll have to ask the supervisor who isn’t in today due to interviews. Come on now..
 
Well I don’t want to fuel anxiety, but I just called and was told by the person that they weren’t sure if Wayne sent out acceptances this past Friday and that they’ll have to ask the supervisor who isn’t in today due to interviews. Come on now..
LOL I just called to confirm my acceptance from this past Friday's email and gave them my AMCAS id. They checked and said I was accepted however that it would be a while before the portal changed. To qualm everyone's neuroticism...we're all in! Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL I just called to confirm my acceptance from this past Friday's email and gave them my AMCAS id. They checked and said I was accepted however that it would be a while before the portal changed. To qualm everyone's neuroticism...we're all in! Congrats!
Congrats!!! My interview is in 3 weeks. Do you have any tips, advice, or ways to prepare?
 
For those waiting to hear back post interview who were told they would receive a decision by November 10th, I just called the office and asked when we would hear back and the gentleman on the phone said most likely after Thanksgiving weekend.
Did he give a specific day/date or was it just a general timeline?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad