You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wayne State University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No reject, no worryCompleted 8/10 ---Radio silence
Should I be worried?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is a facebook group at the moment, but almost no one has joined so far.
Is everyone equating the wait list with the alternate list? My email specifically says alternate list
Check your portal.
Sent from my iPhone
Hmmm still says med school invite to interviewCheck your portal.
Sent from my iPhone
Hmmm still says med school invite to interview
Maybe it will change soon.
Sent from my iPhone
How did you find out about/join the Facebook group?There is a facebook group at the moment, but almost no one has joined so far.
Just looked up Wayne state medical school class of 2022 under groupsHow did you find out about/join the Facebook group?
Same here. Makes you wonder why they would invite us back for another interview fully knowing who we were as applicants based on our interviews last year and the improvements we've made to our applications, just to waitlist us again.Just got waitlisted, again. Interviewed 10/9.
Keep your head up budSame here. Makes you wonder why they would invite us back for another interview fully knowing who we were as applicants based on our interviews last year and the improvements we've made to our applications, just to waitlist us again.
Appreciate it! Hopefully things work out for all of us!Keep your head up bud
I like to think it was because we were very close to being taken off the waitlist last year, but ultimately there wasn't enough movement so they decided to call us back again this year remembering how qualified we were last year.Same here. Makes you wonder why they would invite us back for another interview fully knowing who we were as applicants based on our interviews last year and the improvements we've made to our applications, just to waitlist us again.
A friend of mine is a student at Wayne State SOM and she said she has a friend on the admissions committee, who told her that 80% of students who are put on the waitlist eventually get taken off and accepted. Assuming that's true this year and last year, I believe it's unlikely we'd be one of the 20% that gets rejected from the waitlist for two years in a row. You might call it wishful thinking, I just call it math 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Boy I hope you are right! They gotta like something about us I guess! Haha. I guess the way I was looking at it is they know based on last year that they we will still be there for them come May...might as well give those early acceptances to the first time applicants who will have multiple acceptances. We shall see though! Praying for all of us.I like to think it was because we were very close to being taken off the waitlist last year, but ultimately there wasn't enough movement so they decided to call us back again this year remembering how qualified we were last year.
A friend of mine is a student at Wayne State SOM and she said she has a friend on the admissions committee, who told her that 80% of students who are put on the waitlist eventually get taken off and accepted. Assuming that's true this year and last year, I believe it's unlikely we'd be one of the 20% that gets rejected from the waitlist for two years in a row. You might call it wishful thinking, I just call it math 😉
I got the acceptance email first in Oct after being on the waitlist for a week. I interviewed 8/14 so I made sure to call the office before doing anything else because my portal didn't change, but it was legit! I don't think your case is a glitch, but make sure to call Monday to confirm.
I called on Tuesday to confirm and its legit. If you received an email last Friday saying you are accepted you are indeed accepted it seems.
So I just made an account to ask this question but first, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear and congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Second, does anyone know how Wayne feels about receiving update letters on the "additional uploads" section of the application portal? Any success stories? Nothing but silence since I was complete on 7/12...
To those who've sent in updates, did you do so via the "Additional Uploads" tab or did you email the admission committee directly? Id you did update them through the portal, were you made aware once they reviewed your update?
I used the additional uploads tab. There is no confirmation email, but a green checkmark where you uploaded.
Okay thanks! And are you able to upload more than one thing, or does it only allow one document?I used the additional uploads tab. There is no confirmation email, but a green checkmark where you uploaded.
Okay thanks! And are you able to upload more than one thing, or does it only allow one document?
I uploaded more than one. Not sure how its regarded but oh well lol
does anyone know the total number of interviews Wayne is giving out this year?
does anyone know the total number of interviews Wayne is giving out this year?
They said they would interview around 1000
They said they would interview around 1000
And anyone have an idea what they're out right now? It seems they haven't sent out II's in a loooong time
So excited about this school. Love the city, students, and DMC. I interviewed with a GREAT bunch of future doctors and I hope they all get accepted and choice to come back. To all the people that interview here, I wish you the best of luck and I hope to be your future classmate. This school just attracts good people.
Does anybody know if they accept electronic transcripts and the deadline by which we need to send them? I emailed a few weeks ago but haven't gotten a response yet. My assumption is that they're snail-mail transcripts only with an April 30 deadline...? 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it likely went to your wayne state emailMake sure you continue checking your portals. I never got an email for my II and wouldn't have known unless I'd checked.
Does anyone know if Wayne State is switching to system based curricula next year? When I had interviewed in October they mentioned about it, but it didn't seem like it was going to happen by the time we matriculate. However, I have a friend who is currently a M1 and swears the curriculum will be system based next year so I was wondering if anyone else had any insight???
Last edited:
The students at my interview day kept saying that it’s not going to happen, they said it comes up every year but never happens.Does anyone know if Wayne State is switching to system based curricula next year? When I had interviewed in October they mentioned about it, but it didn't seem like it was going to happen by the time we matriculate. However, I have a friend who is currently a M1 and swears the curriculum will be system based next year so I was wondering if anyone else had any insight???
Does anyone know if Wayne State is switching to system based curricula next year? When I had interviewed in October they mentioned about it, but it didn't seem like it was going to happen by the time we matriculate. However, I have a friend who is currently a M1 and swears the curriculum will be system based next year so I was wondering if anyone else had any insight???
I was speaking to an M4 yesterday and she was also saying it's going to go completely systems based next year, but I feel like I've been hearing about this switch for the past 2 years and it still hasn't been implemented. She was also saying that pre-clinical may be shortened to 1.5 yr instead of 2 yr, but I don't know if it's set to happen next year.
Current M1- Yes, as it stands you all will be switching to the systems based curriculum.
They put us on notice for our summer break shortening in order to accommodate the schedule changes that happen for your class. About as official as it gets with Wayne.
PS: feel free to PM with questions! Good luck!
They put us on notice for our summer break shortening in order to accommodate the schedule changes that happen for your class. About as official as it gets with Wayne.
PS: feel free to PM with questions! Good luck!
Last edited:
it likely went to your wayne state email
Yeah that’s what I figured, no idea how to access that though.
Is the Facebook group not responsive yet or something
Any waves of II coming soon or should we look elsewhere? How the **** do I have an II from Cornell but not Wayne
Impossible to know, just try to relax. It's stressful, I get it, but there really is nobody in the world who can answer that question, so just wait for it while you do other stuff...Does anyone know when the next II will be given out? And how long were you in review before receiving a II??
Checked the portal and saw that my status changed to "Med School Rejected" yesterday after being in review since July 18th. Wayne was one of my top choices so this one hurts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been put on the alternative list but their portal status still states "Med School Invite to Interview (MV)"? I was waitlisted on 11/21/17 but my portal still is MV.
Yeah, I was waitlisted and mine still says that
Thank you~Yeah, I was waitlisted and mine still says that
I don't think that's what it means. I'm in the same boat, but I think they would let you know on the portal if you were rejected.I was complete 7/18, and still haven't heard anything. I can't access the wayne state email thing nor reset my password. Does this mean rejection?