2017-2018 Wayne State University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone else complete but getting emails saying "Apply now"?? 😵

Ive been paranoid about this for Wayne, but how do u know if u are actually complete? I've had green check marks next to me secondary, secondary fee, technical standard, primary app, and ID, but never got a complete email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To any other 8/25ers out there - super excited to see you on Friday!!! Does anyone know if Wayne has any M0 receptions or dinners either before or after the interview day?

Nevertheless, good luck on interview day everyone...we've got this 😎

I'm on 8/28, but goodluck!

Also, you sent out your primary to 50 schools!? Holy expensive...
 
Hey all 🙂 What is the % admitted from the interview pool? So someone said they hand out 749 interviews, and I believe they have ~300 spots, correct? Does that mean they're going to accept roughly half of those who interview (assuming some people don't accept the admission)?
 
Hey all 🙂 What is the % admitted from the interview pool? So someone said they hand out 749 interviews, and I believe they have ~300 spots, correct? Does that mean they're going to accept roughly half of those who interview (assuming some people don't accept the admission)?

From the spreadsheet I have access to from the US news and world report stuff they interview about 750 and accept 550 total, so closer to 75% accepted....!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone recall how long it took to get their secondary from WSU? I just got verified on August 18th and all of my materials are in. I have a 509 on my MCAT (127,125,127,130) with a 3.73 GPA and 3.78 science GPA. I'm wondering if they review this or just send the secondaries out to whoever is verified. WSU is my top choice so I was really looking forward to their secondary but still haven't gotten one. Does anyone else know if this is normal for them or if I should call?
 
Nope, not in spam. I called today and they said it will come.... but I am still concerned.
Don't be worried. It's early in the cycle and Wayne has a large class, very OOS friendly. I added them fairly recently and did get my secondary soon after, but wasn't able to log in. They were having some website trouble. Could be they're wanting to get that fixed first, and then send your secondary, so that you're not in the same limbo as I am. 🙂
 
Don't be worried. It's early in the cycle and Wayne has a large class, very OOS friendly. I added them fairly recently and did get my secondary soon after, but wasn't able to log in. They were having some website trouble. Could be they're wanting to get that fixed first, and then send your secondary, so that you're not in the same limbo as I am. 🙂

Ahh that made me feel a bit better! thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes in their google hangout video they said 1000 interviews will be offered. However, they interviewed 750 students last year, according to US NEWS. Does this mean that the percentage of acceptance will decrease significantly this year?
 
Yes in their google hangout video they said 1000 interviews will be offered. However, they interviewed 750 students last year, according to US NEWS. Does this mean that the percentage of acceptance will decrease significantly this year?

Most likely because they are still admitting the same class number as last year (250)
 
Is there a way to see if they have recieved letters? I got a "Secondary Application Complete" email on the 23rd, but i was just curious. The paranoia.
 
I know I am late to this school, but anytime I go to look at my secondary prompts it tells me "Could not find person information". What should I do? thank you 🙂
 
I know I am late to this school, but anytime I go to look at my secondary prompts it tells me "Could not find person information". What should I do? thank you 🙂

Same for me

That same thing was happening to me and a few other people have posted about it as well. I'm not sure exactly how it got fixed but I just tried logging in a couple of times a day and it automatically resolved for me on the 2nd or 3rd day after I received the secondary email/login credentials. So I guess just wait it out a couple of days and then contact the school if it's not resolved? Sorry I can't offer any other tips!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else still waiting for a secondary? I received secondaries from all medical schools in Michigan this morning except for Wayne State. Could that be because I interviewed last year, was waistlisted and then rejected? I'm not sure how friendly they are toward reapplicants who already interviewed. Did everyone get their secondary from Wayne a day after receiving secondaries form everywhere else in Michigan?