Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: sarahishappy123
May 9, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Still waiting for an interview here, really hoping to hear from Baylor even if it’s their last interview day!

Reactions: SavageDr.House
Jul 6, 2018
since the committee only meets once a month, do they only call accepted students once a month too? I can't remember if they said this little detail during the interview day when they explained their rank system

Aug 3, 2018
since the committee only meets once a month, do they only call accepted students once a month too? I can't remember if they said this little detail during the interview day when they explained their rank system
From what I remember they said they’d call roughly 20-30 people for acceptances every 2-3 weeks, but said not to quote them on that. So who knows.

Reactions: medhope516
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone! LizzyM score ~73, URM, OOS and received an II on 11/26 for 1/25 (submitted secondary on 8/28).

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance for Baylor OOS, and when their last interview date is? I'm trying to gauge my chances at this school because I love how much emphasis they put on working with underserved Hispanic/Latino populations!

Jul 13, 2018
Hello everyone! LizzyM score ~73, URM, OOS and received an II on 11/26 for 1/25 (submitted secondary on 8/28).

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance for Baylor OOS, and when their last interview date is? I'm trying to gauge my chances at this school because I love how much emphasis they put on working with underserved Hispanic/Latino populations!
IIRC, post-II acceptance for OOS is around 10%.

Reactions: Nerdanese

jarednogeek

2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I understand Baylor’s average matriculant stats are very high. Does that make it harder to be competitive compared to your classmates and land competitive specialties? Deciding between here and UTMB because UTMB has such a relaxed vibe and not sure if I’d get that at a higher ranked school like Baylor. I want to pursue emergency medicine so school rank doesn’t matter much to me. I just feel like it might be harder to keep up if you have a good MCAT and everyone around you has a 519+ lol.. at a 513 I’m in the bottom 10th percentile.

Jul 13, 2018
I understand Baylor’s average matriculant stats are very high. Does that make it harder to be competitive compared to your classmates and land competitive specialties? Deciding between here and UTMB because UTMB has such a relaxed vibe and not sure if I’d get that at a higher ranked school like Baylor. I want to pursue emergency medicine so school rank doesn’t matter much to me. I just feel like it might be harder to keep up if you have a good MCAT and everyone around you has a 519+ lol.. at a 513 I’m in the bottom 10th percentile.
With as large of a class as Baylor has, you're going to get a wide range of personalities. I personally really enjoyed talking to the students that we met on interview day. A lot of them were really chill, joking around, and not super uptight or anything. I wouldn't worry about being compared to your own classmates, just focus on your STEPs and extracurriculars and you'll be fine for matching EM. With that being said, one of my best friends goes to UTMB and he absolutely loves it there. At the end of the day, go with your gut and whatever feels best for you.

Mar 1, 2018
Status
Medical Student
With as large of a class as Baylor has, you're going to get a wide range of personalities. I personally really enjoyed talking to the students that we met on interview day. A lot of them were really chill, joking around, and not super uptight or anything. I wouldn't worry about being compared to your own classmates, just focus on your STEPs and extracurriculars and you'll be fine for matching EM. With that being said, one of my best friends goes to UTMB and he absolutely loves it there. At the end of the day, go with your gut and whatever feels best for you.
As a current MS1, I can tell you that I really don't feel like there's a competitive vibe here (God bless true P/F). During preclinicals so far we have all tried to help each other out more than anything. I would say that most people I know are really down-to-earth and don't take themselves too seriously. I wouldn't go so far as to say that we're not stressed to some extent because that's impossible, but that stress doesn't stop us from having fun too :)

Reactions: treesnm3s
Mar 1, 2018
Status
Medical Student
PS: I check this thread from time to time to see if y'all have any questions, so if you want to know anything please feel free to ask or shoot me a message!

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Pre-Medical
PS: I check this thread from time to time to see if y'all have any questions, so if you want to know anything please feel free to ask or shoot me a message!
Do you have any idea about what Baylor thinks of LOIs? I know they are allowed but do they care about them?

Mar 1, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Do you have any idea about what Baylor thinks of LOIs? I know they are allowed but do they care about them?
I’m not sure of how heavily an LOI is weighted. They do mention on the admissions FAQ that you can send them if you’re on the waitlist. In my personal opinion it can’t hurt, especially if you have a big accomplishment since your interview happened.

Jun 10, 2018
When does interview day typically end? Schedule says 5:30 but I'm hoping it might end earlier to beat rush hour

Jun 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
From what I've seen, a letter of interest doesn't really mean anything. The fact that you applied and interviewed already shows your interest. A letter of intent is only potentially valuable if you already have an acceptance at another (usually more/just as prestigious) medical school but would prefer to go to Baylor for valid XYZ reasons. The letter of intent basically says that if Baylor accepts you then you'll decline your other admission offers and go there. However, there's not really any evidence that either type of letter does anything to help. After all, they can't really verify that you actually have other acceptances or check that your reasons are valid. Because of the non-binding and unverifiable nature of these letters, most adcoms seem to suggest they have no effect.

Updates, if really significant, can definitely be emailed to the school and may benefit your chances!

(I found all this information on the forums)
((I also considered writing a letter of intent lol))

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Updates, if really significant, can definitely be emailed to the school and may benefit your chances!

(I found all this information on the forums)
((I also considered writing a letter of intent lol))
Yeah to clarify I meant a letter of intent. Baylor also says specifically they don't accept updates, only letters of intent. So its really unclear how much they care about them.

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah to clarify I meant a letter of intent. Baylor also says specifically they don't accept updates, only letters of intent. So its really unclear how much they care about them.
when did they say they don't accept updates? where can you send everything- can someone post the email? Thanks!

Nvm- it is on the website. "Unfortunately, the deans of admissions are not able to meet with every applicant who is currently on the waitlist. Therefore, they are unable to grant your wish to meet with them. You can send a letter of intent to [email protected]. "

And

"May I send updates to my application?
Yes, if you have not received an invitation to interview at Baylor then you can send updates to [email protected]. If or when you receive an invitation to interview, updates to your application will not be accepted. Those who have interviewed may send "letters of intent", but not updates to their application."

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018
Anyone think we might here something today or this week? I feel like they sent the second wave of acceptances this time last year.

Reactions: dodolol21
Jun 9, 2018
Does Baylor do post interview rejections? Or do they leave everyone hanging until they’re done filling the class in April?