2018-2019 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't - I asked one of the Coles directly about tuition. I can't remember at this point which, but most of my contact has been Amanda.

It looks like there are only 41 members in the Facebook group. Maybe some people are left undecided? I suppose we'll know more by April 30th. Fingers crossed, everyone!

It looks like there are only 41 members in the Facebook group. Maybe some people are left undecided? I suppose we'll know more by April 30th. Fingers crossed, everyone!

I know. Most of the people on this thread have not joined I think. Hopefully we’ll get more members as people decide. Are you in the group? I don’t know who everyone is lol.

I know. Most of the people on this thread have not joined I think. Hopefully we’ll get more members as people decide. Are you in the group? I don’t know who everyone is lol.

Unfortunately, I'm still on the hold list.

Reactions: 1 user
I would be super surprised if no one who has been accepted withdraws. It would be like the only school lol.
Well knowing my luck.... there would be movement and everyone would get in except for one person... me lol

Reactions: 1 users
Got my R in the snail mail today. Good luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do interviews go until the end of March then?

Gave up my seat; I hope it goes to one of you deserving folks!

I think this would have been a great fit except I really have to consider my partner in my decision, and we concluded that a 6 hour drive separating us would have made raising a family hard/not doable when I have other options that shorten the distance/travel time.

For anyone in this current cycle that is WL or waiting for a decision, this seems like a great school that will take care of you and make sure you get a good education. I absolutely appreciate the veteran-friendly feel. Anyone considering whether to apply in upcoming cycles, definitely check this place out if that kind of family feel and comfort are important to you... ditto if you like outdoor adventure. Driving through the Smokies and seeing all the sick outdoor activities in the area is actually what put this school on my list before I even sent in my AMCAS. I hope the folks who matriculate here make the most of it!

Reactions: 2 users
Gave up my seat; I hope it goes to one of you deserving folks!

I think this would have been a great fit except I really have to consider my partner in my decision, and we concluded that a 6 hour drive separating us would have made raising a family hard/not doable when I have other options that shorten the distance/travel time.

For anyone in this current cycle that is WL or waiting for a decision, this seems like a great school that will take care of you and make sure you get a good education. I absolutely appreciate the veteran-friendly feel. Anyone considering whether to apply in upcoming cycles, definitely check this place out if that kind of family feel and comfort are important to you... ditto if you like outdoor adventure. Driving through the Smokies and seeing all the sick outdoor activities in the area is actually what put this school on my list before I even sent in my AMCAS. I hope the folks who matriculate here make the most of it!
Best of luck to you!

when is QCOM finished interviewing? do they usually have much movement from hold?

So basically tomorrow, we receive a phone call if accepted, an email if waitlisted, and if we hear nothing then most likely a rejection coming via the postal service?

So basically tomorrow, we receive a phone call if accepted, an email if waitlisted, and if we hear nothing then most likely a rejection coming via the postal service?

We will know about more waitlist movement once they post the statistics and number of students accepted once they update their stats page on the 1st.

Good luck today for those on hold lists and those who interviewed this month.

Thanks, I'm sitting here, anxious about when they will call/email.... UGH this process is misery.
It has usually been areound 11:00 or so. This is my fourth time waiting for this lol.

I was really hoping/expecting more good news than just one person on here today... I guess a lot of us have some more waiting to do unfortunately

Officially on hold. Better than an immediate rejection I suppose.

For those that have been on the hold list for more than one committee meeting, do you get another email telling you’re still on hold? Or do you just assume if you don’t get a phone call?

Maybe they are waiting for movement day ... also- I don’t think accepted students got financial packages yet , so that’s also a factor

When is movement day? April 30th?
Yes. That is when students are supposed to select commit to enroll. However, on April 15th students are supposed to narrow their acceptances down to 3, so there could be movement then as well.

Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?

Yes. That is when students are supposed to select commit to enroll. However, on April 15th students are supposed to narrow their acceptances down to 3, so there could be movement then as well.

I don't think your supposed to commit to enroll on that date unless you are absolutely sure that is the school you are going to. You just aren't allowed to hold more than one acceptance.

Apologies, I phrased incorrectly. I meant the “option” to commit to enroll becomes available for students on April 30th.

Has there been any mention of a "second look" day?

I interviewed March 7th and haven't heard anything today (email or phone call). Safe to assume I've been rejected?

I interviewed March 7th and haven't heard anything today (email or phone call). Safe to assume I've been rejected?
I didn't get my hold email until Wednesday after the AdCom meeting that Monday. So I'd say don't fret just yet.

Anyone happen to know if there is an estimated number of people on Quillen's Active Hold List?

I am probably gonna have to choose a school (for personal and family reasons) before the next committee meeting. It has been a good ride everyone but I think ETSU has run out the clock for me. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Quillen announced yesterday that, starting in Fall 2019, they would be moving to a Pass/ Fail system for grades! Just another reason to love this school!