2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School

Started by Lawpy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just guessing and throwing around ideas. Can't really look at "historically" because the traffic rules are different this year compared to any other year. Schools don't know what's going on probably almost as much as we do. They might be trying to buy more time for more people to accept or reject offers so they know if they need to pull WL applicants.

So, this is probably not the answer anyone's hoping for, but there are 30 or so seats reserved for students who graduated from the Med Masters program. The Masters students are not notified of their admissions decision until after they graduate, and any declined acceptances are offered to those on the Med Master waiting list.
 
So, this is probably not the answer anyone's hoping for, but there are 30 or so seats reserved for students who graduated from the Med Masters program. The Masters students are not notified of their admissions decision until after they graduate, and any declined acceptances are offered to those on the Med Master waiting list.

But this hasn’t changed since last year, right?
 
So, this is probably not the answer anyone's hoping for, but there are 30 or so seats reserved for students who graduated from the Med Masters program. The Masters students are not notified of their admissions decision until after they graduate, and any declined acceptances are offered to those on the Med Master waiting list.

I mean, it still means that there are some possible seats that may be open for grabs after their graduation! All I can do is hope
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They get guaranteed interview and acceptances are offered the Monday after graduation. Which is May 20th
Are they guaranteed an acceptance as well ? Either way that sounds like a great option ! I am sure it was a lot of work . I don’t know the curriculum In the EVMS program , but I heard that in some programs students pretty much take classes with medicsl students . Sounds like a great opportunity
 
Are they guaranteed an acceptance as well ? Either way that sounds like a great option ! I am sure it was a lot of work . I don’t know the curriculum In the EVMS program , but I heard that in some programs students pretty much take classes with medicsl students . Sounds like a great opportunity

They're not guaranteed an acceptance- program is 100+ students! So it's very competitive.

In regards to my previous comment, I just meant that the round of acceptances after graduation that someone was referring to are to Med Masters students. Those 30 seats are always filled by students in that program.

In any case, waitlist season is ongoing, there's still time. 🙂
 
Accepted off the waitlist recently. Very excited, this school made a great impression on me! Nothing but compliments to give to their admissions staff- they have some of the best communication of any school I have been in contact with.

Instate LM~73.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted off the waitlist recently. Very excited, this school made a great impression on me! Nothing but compliments to give to their admissions staff- they have some of the best communication of any school I have been in contact with.

Instate LM~73.

Recently like today, or last week? (Just trying to keep track of movement). Thanks and congratulations!!!

Edit: also if you can tell us which third you were on that would be helpful. Thanks again!
 
Decided to call the admissions office to see if I could get any insight. I was told:
1) There is still waitlist movement that is going to occur.
2) There is no need to send another LOI if you have already.
 
Accepted off the waitlist recently. Very excited, this school made a great impression on me! Nothing but compliments to give to their admissions staff- they have some of the best communication of any school I have been in contact with.

Instate LM~73.
Congratulations!
 
Very excited to have gotten off the waitlist today! This is my first and only acceptance, and I feel so fortunate to have been accepted to such a great school. To answer any questions, I was contacted via email. I interviewed mid-October and was waitlisted top third. Also in-state with LM 69 and ORM.
 
Very excited to have gotten off the waitlist today! This is my first and only acceptance, and I feel so fortunate to have been accepted to such a great school. To answer any questions, I was contacted via email. I interviewed mid-October and was waitlisted top third. Also in-state with LM 69 and ORM.

I sent you a PM. But just so you know Sats is going to as you for your stats and IS or OOS and M&L is going to ask you to send her a PM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very excited to have gotten off the waitlist today! This is my first and only acceptance, and I feel so fortunate to have been accepted to such a great school. To answer any questions, I was contacted via email. I interviewed mid-October and was waitlisted top third. Also in-state with LM 69 and ORM.
Congratulations!! I'm sure hoping to end up in the same boat as you! No acceptances yet, and this waitlist is my last hope for the cycle!
 
Accepted by email today from top 1/3rd WL. I am so incredibly excited. Will 100% be attending this fall. For those wondering I applied in August, but did not get an interview until the last date in March. I am a white male born and raised here in Hampton Roads(so IS) - Undergrad GPA 3.96 - MCAT 508. I sent an LOI a month after my interview so ~April 27. I did AFROTC undergrad so am attending as a part of the Air Force Medical Service Corps. Good luck to everyone else waiting. "Tough times don't last, tough people do"
 
Accepted by email today from top 1/3rd WL. I am so incredibly excited. Will 100% be attending this fall. For those wondering I applied in August, but did not get an interview until the last date in March. I am a white male born and raised here in Hampton Roads(so IS) - Undergrad GPA 3.96 - MCAT 508. I sent an LOI a month after my interview so ~April 27. I did AFROTC undergrad so am attending as a part of the Air Force Medical Service Corps. Good luck to everyone else waiting. "Tough times don't last, tough people do"
congratulations!!! see you in august!
 
Got accepted off the top third of the waitlist today!! OOS Female. MCAT 516. 3.5 GPA. I already have one other acceptance and am honestly torn about which school to commit to, so if anybody wants to share what made them choose EVMS I'd love to hear it! Feel free to PM me!
 
I know that EVMS has a heavy focus on the community and primary care, but does come at the expense of resources, mentors, and willingness to guide students who wish to pursue other paths?
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad