2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just guessing and throwing around ideas. Can't really look at "historically" because the traffic rules are different this year compared to any other year. Schools don't know what's going on probably almost as much as we do. They might be trying to buy more time for more people to accept or reject offers so they know if they need to pull WL applicants.

So, this is probably not the answer anyone's hoping for, but there are 30 or so seats reserved for students who graduated from the Med Masters program. The Masters students are not notified of their admissions decision until after they graduate, and any declined acceptances are offered to those on the Med Master waiting list.

Members don't see this ad.

So, this is probably not the answer anyone's hoping for, but there are 30 or so seats reserved for students who graduated from the Med Masters program. The Masters students are not notified of their admissions decision until after they graduate, and any declined acceptances are offered to those on the Med Master waiting list.

But this hasn’t changed since last year, right?

I mean, it still means that there are some possible seats that may be open for grabs after their graduation! All I can do is hope

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i wonder if any of the master's students are on SDN, would be so interesting to know more about the program.

They get guaranteed interview and acceptances are offered the Monday after graduation. Which is May 20th

Reactions: 1 users
They get guaranteed interview and acceptances are offered the Monday after graduation. Which is May 20th
Are they guaranteed an acceptance as well ? Either way that sounds like a great option ! I am sure it was a lot of work . I don’t know the curriculum In the EVMS program , but I heard that in some programs students pretty much take classes with medicsl students . Sounds like a great opportunity

Are they guaranteed an acceptance as well ? Either way that sounds like a great option ! I am sure it was a lot of work . I don’t know the curriculum In the EVMS program , but I heard that in some programs students pretty much take classes with medicsl students . Sounds like a great opportunity

They're not guaranteed an acceptance- program is 100+ students! So it's very competitive.

In regards to my previous comment, I just meant that the round of acceptances after graduation that someone was referring to are to Med Masters students. Those 30 seats are always filled by students in that program.

In any case, waitlist season is ongoing, there's still time. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Last day of the week tomorrow.... hopefully something

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know when during the second year we are supposed to take step 1?

I believe many of the second years are scheduled to take it in the last two weeks of May.

Withdrew my acceptance this morning. This school blew me away and I would have been thrilled to go here, but I got into my very top choice last night. I'm IS for those that are wondering. Hope it helps one of you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance this morning. This school blew me away and I would have been thrilled to go here, but I got into my very top choice last night. I'm IS for those that are wondering. Hope it helps one of you guys!
Could you please share stats and demographic?

Congratulations!!! I am so happy you got your top choice !!! I know how amazing it feels

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you please share stats and demographic?

Re-inventor with a 2.9 cGPA, but did a post-bacc of 80ish credit hours with a 3.95. My sGPA was fairly intact (3.5) because I was a career changer as well. Scored a 518 on the MCAT which saved me I think lol. I'm also an ORM male.

Accepted off the waitlist recently. Very excited, this school made a great impression on me! Nothing but compliments to give to their admissions staff- they have some of the best communication of any school I have been in contact with.

Instate LM~73.

Accepted off the waitlist recently. Very excited, this school made a great impression on me! Nothing but compliments to give to their admissions staff- they have some of the best communication of any school I have been in contact with.

Instate LM~73.

Recently like today, or last week? (Just trying to keep track of movement). Thanks and congratulations!!!

Edit: also if you can tell us which third you were on that would be helpful. Thanks again!

Recently like today, or last week? (Just trying to keep track of movement). Thanks and congratulations!!!

Edit: also if you can tell us which third you were on that would be helpful. Thanks again!
within the past 2 days! top third of the waitlist.

Decided to call the admissions office to see if I could get any insight. I was told:
1) There is still waitlist movement that is going to occur.
2) There is no need to send another LOI if you have already.

Decided to call the admissions office to see if I could get any insight. I was told:
1) There is still waitlist movement that is going to occur.
2) There is no need to send another LOI if you have already.

Reassuring, thanks for doing that!

Instate LM~73.
Congratulations!

Instate LM~73.
Could you please PM me ?

does anyone know when during the second year we are supposed to take step 1?

You can take it anytime between the last week of classes (mid-April) to the first day of 3rd year (mid-June). Most end up taking it late May.

Very excited to have gotten off the waitlist today! This is my first and only acceptance, and I feel so fortunate to have been accepted to such a great school. To answer any questions, I was contacted via email. I interviewed mid-October and was waitlisted top third. Also in-state with LM 69 and ORM.

Very excited to have gotten off the waitlist today! This is my first and only acceptance, and I feel so fortunate to have been accepted to such a great school. To answer any questions, I was contacted via email. I interviewed mid-October and was waitlisted top third. Also in-state with LM 69 and ORM.

I sent you a PM. But just so you know Sats is going to as you for your stats and IS or OOS and M&L is going to ask you to send her a PM

Just got off the waitlist at 2:21pm EST!!! So incredibly thankful and excited!!! I absolutely loved the school when I visited. Feels like a dream come true :,)

Female, OOS, 516 MCAT 3.4 gpa, top third of waitlist

Reactions: 5 users
3.65 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA, 512, URM. Never sent a LOI
You have a 3.6, 512, and a minority. I’m curious why you’re middle third? I don’t stand a chance. I’ll give up now. Nice talking to everyone. I can’t just keep refreshing my mail until my phone died

Congratulations!! I'm sure hoping to end up in the same boat as you! No acceptances yet, and this waitlist is my last hope for the cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted by email today from top 1/3rd WL. I am so incredibly excited. Will 100% be attending this fall. For those wondering I applied in August, but did not get an interview until the last date in March. I am a white male born and raised here in Hampton Roads(so IS) - Undergrad GPA 3.96 - MCAT 508. I sent an LOI a month after my interview so ~April 27. I did AFROTC undergrad so am attending as a part of the Air Force Medical Service Corps. Good luck to everyone else waiting. "Tough times don't last, tough people do"

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted by email today from top 1/3rd WL. I am so incredibly excited. Will 100% be attending this fall. For those wondering I applied in August, but did not get an interview until the last date in March. I am a white male born and raised here in Hampton Roads(so IS) - Undergrad GPA 3.96 - MCAT 508. I sent an LOI a month after my interview so ~April 27. I did AFROTC undergrad so am attending as a part of the Air Force Medical Service Corps. Good luck to everyone else waiting. "Tough times don't last, tough people do"
congratulations!!! see you in august!

Got accepted off the top third of the waitlist today!! OOS Female. MCAT 516. 3.5 GPA. I already have one other acceptance and am honestly torn about which school to commit to, so if anybody wants to share what made them choose EVMS I'd love to hear it! Feel free to PM me!

Anyone know when the Commit to Enroll deadline is at this school?

I know that EVMS has a heavy focus on the community and primary care, but does come at the expense of resources, mentors, and willingness to guide students who wish to pursue other paths?

I know that EVMS has a heavy focus on the community and primary care, but does come at the expense of resources, mentors, and willingness to guide students who wish to pursue other paths?

I sent you a PM.