2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kind of. Fail pass, high pass, honors pass

That's the main downside of EVMS tbh. This is still basically an A, B, C, Fail grading system with different point structures.

Members don't see this ad.

That's the main downside of EVMS tbh. This is still basically an A, B, C, Fail grading system with different point structures.
This upcoming fall EVMS is moving to complete pass/fail, besides of course for clinical grading.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. OOS, Lizzy m 74. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Reactions: 8 users
I wonder if they just communicate on certain days? I was thinking maybe they'd accept another wave of waitlist people Monday

Reactions: 2 users
Alright, no news today. Tomorrow is our day guys! I wonder if they’re done accepting IS people. It seems everyone is OOS. I wonder what my odds as an IS in the middle third are.

Alright, no news today. Tomorrow is our day guys! I wonder if they’re done accepting IS people. It seems everyone is OOS. I wonder what my odds as an IS in the middle third are.
Waiting game is killing.

Reactions: 7 users
Waiting game is killing.
Agreed. And I called to ask about how fast it was moving and odds of an IS middle third of being taken off and it wasn’t helpful. Kind of “keep the hope alive” kind of talk without even pulling my file. Can’t really expect more though. I guess unless they’ve been there a long time they cant really estimate

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Agreed. And I called to ask about how fast it was moving and odds of an IS middle third of being taken off and it wasn’t helpful. Kind of “keep the hope alive” kind of talk without even pulling my file. Can’t really expect more though. I guess unless they’ve been there a long time they cant really estimate
What did they say exactly?

My complete guess is that next movement is Wednesday (5/8). They seem to be making a lot of movements on Wednesdays. And if other acceptances were offered they have up to five business days to respond I believe, which puts it right around Wednesday.

To those who have called to ask the status of their application/how long it will take, did you find it beneficial or did they seem aggravated?

Would you mind providing your demographics?

Hi, sorry I'm responding so late! I've been bad with checking SDN lately haha.
Not sure what specific demographics you want but I'm non-traditional, female and Asian American if that helps?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, sorry I'm responding so late! I've been bad with checking SDN lately haha.
Not sure what specific demographics you want but I'm non-traditional, female and Asian American if that helps?
What is your stat, if you can

Members don't see this ad :)
possibly an invasive and inappropriate question, - does anyone know when would i hear if i am receiving any scholarships? i just filled out the internal application. I am not holding my breath :)), and this does not change my decision (i am matriculating in EVMS regardless), but i was just curious.

Reading into posts and estimating, it seems there hasn't been too much waitlist movement. Just on threads there has been about 10 people with 4 people withdrawing their acceptance. Reading the waitlist support thread, most schools take 20-30 of waitlists if not up to 40. All depends on how well they do with students accepting.

What I'm saying is hopefully there is a good amount of movement coming soon!

Reading into posts and estimating, it seems there hasn't been too much waitlist movement. Just on threads there has been about 10 people with 4 people withdrawing their acceptance. Reading the waitlist support thread, most schools take 20-30 of waitlists if not up to 40. All depends on how well they do with students accepting.

Do we now how many students are there in EVMS waitlist?

Is this the “waitlist support thread” or are you speaking of something different?

I'm still a little confused about how this works. Does the whole top third have to be exhausted before they start pulling from the middle third? Or does it just depend on the stats of the person who dropped their acceptance?

EVMS allows applicants to hold up to three acceptances. It doesn't require them to make a decision until July 18th. Anybody else need some tissues while we wait

EVMS allows applicants to hold up to three acceptances. It doesn't require them to make a decision until July 18th. Anybody else need some tissues while we wait
I think I read somewhere that a lot of school don’t enforce the AMCAS rule. It’s more like etiquette

I think I read somewhere that a lot of school don’t enforce the AMCAS rule. It’s more like etiquette

True, each school has their own rules. That statement is from directly on EVMS website though.

True, each school has their own rules. That statement is from directly on EVMS website though.
That is correct:
April 15 - April 30: Accepted applicants should narrow their offers of acceptance to three medical schools.

April 30 - July 17: Accepted applicants may select the "Commit to Enroll" option in AMCAS. This selection indicates that you are withdrawing your application from consideration at other medical schools.

July 18: Accepted students are required to select the "Commit to Enroll" option in AMCAS. If commit to enroll is not selected by July 18, your offer of acceptance may be rescinded.

Someone told me they accept a round of applicants after graduation of their masters students. They graduate May 18th. So the 20th

After some thought I’ll be turning down my acceptance to this school. I hope one of you applicants in here gets it. Best wishes

IS/OOS? Male/Female? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my hopes up. Lol
Hair color? Lengths of hands ? Lol (I am kidding though , considering how they pull off the waitlists, these are very valid questions. It’s messed up that the process makes all of us so paranoid though ).

Anybody else think (hope) it's tomorrow?

Yes!! I’ve been thinking tomorrow too. I bet they meet every other Tuesday or something and make decisions.
During the year adcom would meet every other Monday and give out decisions mostly Tuesday. Maybe (hopefully) their meeting dates have changed/increased.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance today. Sincerely hoping one of you gets it. EVMS is awesome, enjoy!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else who got the accepted portal having trouble logging into the evms financial aid system?
I had this issue and called their financial aid office, they were very helpful and I had access within a couple hours!

Someone told me they accept a round of applicants after graduation of their masters students. They graduate May 18th. So the 20th

The way this no movement after April 30th is going, I'm starting to wonder if this is the case. Maybe it'll just be a big wave of people on then? As much as I want to find out sooner than later, that would be better than having to wait until the CTE deadline of July 18th.

The way this no movement after April 30th is going, I'm starting to wonder if this is the case. Maybe it'll just be a big wave of people on then? As much as I want to find out sooner than later, that would be better than having to wait until the CTE deadline of July 18th.
Maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't really seem to make much sense to me? What benefit could come from waiting almost an entire month (a month when historically the most movement is seen) to accept students? Plus it's not like the master's program is brand new. It's been around for many years and they have never done this in the past.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't really seem to make much sense to me? What benefit could come from waiting almost an entire month (a month when historically the most movement is seen) to accept students? Plus it's not like the master's program is brand new. It's been around for many years and they have never done this in the past.

Just guessing and throwing around ideas. Can't really look at "historically" because the traffic rules are different this year compared to any other year. Schools don't know what's going on probably almost as much as we do. They might be trying to buy more time for more people to accept or reject offers so they know if they need to pull WL applicants.

Just guessing and throwing around ideas. Can't really look at "historically" because the traffic rules are different this year compared to any other year. Schools don't know what's going on probably almost as much as we do. They might be trying to buy more time for more people to accept or reject offers so they know if they need to pull WL applicants.
Sure, I've been doing the exact same thing for months now. I personally don't understand how holding onto spots of withdrawn acceptances could be beneficial at this point in the cycle, but no one really knows what's happening. You could be 100% correct for all I know. To me, it seems more likely that they have been offering acceptances this past week or two and that SDNers just haven't been lucky enough to be the recipients of any of these offers. In the end, we are all just speculating so only time will tell.

Any accepted students currently having issues accessing the health portal? Have an appointment coming up and I'd like to check everything off.

I was hoping few acceptances today... Any luck?

I was hoping few acceptances today... Any luck?

Either they've accepted 0 people who use SDN or they just haven't had movement yet. I reallllly hope it's the latter, which it probably is.

Has anybody called to ask about WL movement? I've seen people on other WLs that have called to ask how much movement has occurred, if it has slowed down, and if there's still an anticipated significant amount of movement. Just wondering if anybody else has before I do it.

Has anybody called to ask about WL movement? I've seen people on other WLs that have called to ask how much movement has occurred, if it has slowed down, and if there's still an anticipated significant amount of movement. Just wondering if anybody else has before I do it.

Do it! Maybe they will give some hints. Seems quiet this week. Last year, this week and next had like 80% of the years WL movement.

Do it! Maybe they will give some hints. Seems quiet this week. Last year, this week and next had like 80% of the years WL movement.
How do you know that? are you just basing off of SDN?