2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A Decision has been made! Now I gotta wait nervously next to the mailbox for my letter! Best of luck to those that applied and interviewed! I'll let y'all know when I get my letter in the mail and the results.

I can’t tell you how anxious that phrase me. And I haven’t even interviewed yet.

Best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m thinking of applying to LECOM this week.
GPA: 3.61
SGPA:3.41
MCAT: 502
Have 50+ shadowing hours with DO (have a letter of recommendation
Have 1000+ clinical hours working with a pain management physician MD (also received letter of recommendation)
Multiple volunteering opportunities
Inducted in two national biology honor societies
Other extra curricular activities including being an RA, lab TA etc.
Does that make me competitive for or nah?

Yes you're competitive

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A Decision has been made! Now I gotta wait nervously next to the mailbox for my letter! Best of luck to those that applied and interviewed! I'll let y'all know when I get my letter in the mail and the results.
I interviewed Oct. 1 at Seton Hill.

Now I'm extremely nervous. I interviewed September 25th and like others have not received a response. I am anxiously awaiting the "A decision has been made" update. Fingers crossed!

I did not receive an email but I checked on my online portal and a decision has been made as well for me. Fingers crossed! I interviewed on the 28th of September

Anyone else that interviewed October 19th receive a "decision has been made" update? Waiting (im)patiently. :)

Should I be worried that people who interviewed after me have had a portal change and I haven’t? I’m starting to sweat, but I told myself I wasn’t going to be the typical neurotic premed.

Submitted my secondary 14 days ago... do i have a shot with these stats?
I would love to go to this school and am.just hoping I didn't apply too late :(.

501 mcat (128 121 128 124)
3.38 cGPA 3.85 sGPA (upward trend)
Thousands of research hours with a poster presentation
Hundreds of clinical and not clinical volunteering hours
Paid work as an MA
White ORM
DO and MD letter

Has anyone gotten ANY ll's or acceptances with stats like these?

Are they supposed to send a packet in the mail or anything about the coming interview? Do they have a dinner or something the night before?

Anyone else that interviewed October 19th receive a "decision has been made" update? Waiting (im)patiently. :)
I interviewed October 19th. I have A Decision has been made.

Are they supposed to send a packet in the mail or anything about the coming interview? Do they have a dinner or something the night before?
Are you interviewing SH or Erie? You should get an email with the details, but there is no dinner. However, lunch is provided.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they do silent rejections?.. I completed around early August... and haven't heard anything from them.... no reject, hold, II, etc. Should I call?

They do silent rejections. Happened to me last year at here as well as the Bradenton campus.

II today. complete mid-August. However, I won't be attending. Hopefully, someone else can be given this opportunity. Stay strong everyone, there is still a good remaining part of the long cycle ahead!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! Interviewed 9/28. I will be sending in the deposit and withdrawing from my other applications except for PCOM.

Anyone who did SH hear back yet? I indicated I was only interested in Sh and not Erie

Accepted! They sent my letter via email because I changed my address and did not update it on the portal. Giving up my seat and I hope it goes to one of you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Interviewed 10/5. I will be giving up my seat, hoping for the best for everyone else who applied.

Interviewed here early and still no portal change, any ideas/tips to not go bonkers?

Interviewed here early and still no portal change, any ideas/tips to not go bonkers?
Deep breaths, haha. I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 09/25. I read on last years thread someone had stated that based on the previous years thread (referring to 2 years ago), acceptances were sent out on November 15th, after that was waitlist or rejection.

I'm staying positive. It's not over until it's over!

Deep breaths, haha. I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 09/25. I read on last years thread someone had stated that based on the previous years thread (referring to 2 years ago), acceptances were sent out on November 15th, after that was waitlist or rejection.

I'm staying positive. It's not over until it's over!

Don’t worry guys! I’m in the same boat. I’ve also been reading previous years’ threads and a medical student at Erie said that the timing of your portal change doesn’t mean anything about your admissions decision, so hopefully that’s true! Guess we’ll just have to sit tight and hope for the best. :)

i still haven't heard anything- no II or rejection. getting sad and nervous. i've seen a lot of threads say they do silent rejections but someone said they don't? not sure what to do but this is one of my top choices.

Reactions: 2 users
I have been complete at this school since early september , but I haven't heard anything from LECOM yet. Should I be worried?

I have been complete at this school since early september , but I haven't heard anything from LECOM yet. Should I be worried?
same exact situation here and ive been complete since end of july

I feel you same boat. Above average mcat GPA:3.86. I hope hearing nothing isnt a bad thing as its not a rejection... dont know

I'd like to have a conversation with a current student about their experience with the school so far if someone wouldn't mind PMing me! Thanks :)

does anyone know if the SAT and ACT scores that we put in the secondary have any bearing on the decision? My mcat and GPA are above average for the school by my high school test scores weren't that great.. so I'm wondering if that would affect my app

Has anyone who interviewed on July 20 and selected the "later" decision heard back?

Ya boi! Just got my letter of acceptance today! Putting the money down.

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if the SAT and ACT scores that we put in the secondary have any bearing on the decision? My mcat and GPA are above average for the school by my high school test scores weren't that great.. so I'm wondering if that would affect my app
I have been informed by admissions that it has some bearing, but isn't going to break you if it isn't stellar. It can help your case, but won't be reason enough to decline admission.

Don’t worry guys! I’m in the same boat. I’ve also been reading previous years’ threads and a medical student at Erie said that the timing of your portal change doesn’t mean anything about your admissions decision, so hopefully that’s true! Guess we’ll just have to sit tight and hope for the best. :)
My letter is dated Nov. 16 and I just got it today, so I wouldn't stress too much. I got the a decision has been made around that time and it took a week to get here.

Just got the "decision has been made" in my portal. Wish me luck! Interviewed 9/21.

Reactions: 3 users
Somewhere between the end of last week and yesterday, my status was changed to decision made!

LMAO waitlisted with a LM of 71 must have really messed up that interview.