2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m starting to think they filled up spots by November and those who interviewed from November on were all put on waitlist for the spots they somewhat expect to open up. I’m curious to know if anyone November on received an acceptance?... Best of luck to everyone of the alternate list!
I interviewed on 1/25 in Erie, they said they do still have open seats for this cycle. Don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If you interview for Seton hill are you also interviewing for the other campuses? Like are you also interviewing for what curriculum you like or do you have to say you want to do pbl?

If you interview for Seton hill are you also interviewing for the other campuses? Like are you also interviewing for what curriculum you like or do you have to say you want to do pbl?

I was told the Seton Hill interview counts for Eerie also. During the interview, they will inform you of all the pathways available and which campus offers them. By the end of the day, you will fill out a form where you state your preference. I don't think you should try to answer what they want to hear but instead be honest with yourself. You are going to be the one going through the pathway for a couple of years, answer honestly.

Just FYI, PBL is offered in both Seton and Eerie. Lecture path is only offered in Eerie. Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Checked my portal and it updated to decision has been made. Interviewed on 01/11 at SH.

I have withdrawn my application to Lecom, I hope my interview spot goes to one of you still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted back in November, I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you on the waitslist!

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder why many choose to withdraw, considering the fact that it is one of most inexpensive private schools out there...

Got a call from Lecom asking if I'm still interested (interviewed 1/25)... Is this a good sign?!?

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder why many choose to withdraw, considering the fact that it is one of most inexpensive private schools out there...
Different people probably have a variety of reasons. Cost isn't always everything and in some cases you get what you pay for. Someone could have gotten into an MD school or they might live very far from Erie which could mean leaving family + friends behind

In my case: LECOM is very young so they are still working out issues within the school and with rotations. I asked my friend how he likes it and his response was discouraging at best. Their board scores might be really good but I have heard the student voice is not heard as well as it should be. I did not like that the anatomy labs were prosected. Although minor I did not like the dress code or food/drink policy. I understand why those rules are in place but I like my coffee and breakfast sandwich in my AM classes. I also want to do research and there are few opportunities at LECOM. Even though they are there the paid positions will probably be filled, you might not find productive research (multiple publications) and you might not get to do research in a field that interests you. I also prefer the location of the school I chose, I understand free time is very limited but when I have it I want to make the most of it with my interests.

LECOM is a very good school and I have no doubt those that choose it will succeed and as you said is probably the best bang for your buck. However, it just did not fit my preferences as much as PCOM did.

Interviewed 12/20 and portal hasn’t even changed yet...anyone else in the same boat? It’s been over 6 weeks! Seems like people who have interviewed after me have already heard back

Different people probably have a variety of reasons. Cost isn't always everything and in some cases you get what you pay for. Someone could have gotten into an MD school or they might live very far from Erie which could mean leaving family + friends behind

In my case: LECOM is very young so they are still working out issues within the school and with rotations. I asked my friend how he likes it and his response was discouraging at best. Their board scores might be really good but I have heard the student voice is not heard as well as it should be. I did not like that the anatomy labs were prosected. Although minor I did not like the dress code or food/drink policy. I understand why those rules are in place but I like my coffee and breakfast sandwich in my AM classes. I also want to do research and there are few opportunities at LECOM. Even though they are there the paid positions will probably be filled, you might not find productive research (multiple publications) and you might not get to do research in a field that interests you. I also prefer the location of the school I chose, I understand free time is very limited but when I have it I want to make the most of it with my interests.

LECOM is a very good school and I have no doubt those that choose it will succeed and as you said is probably the best bang for your buck. However, it just did not fit my preferences as much as PCOM did.

Yes, that is agreeable for sure. Well , best of lucks with your journey to PCOM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Checked my portal and it updated to decision has been made. Interviewed on 01/11 at SH.

Came home to an acceptance letter in my mailbox! I guess spots still remain for those who are worried about only alternate spots remaining (like I was). Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Interviewed 01/04 and was accepted 01/31 to Seton Hill. Will probably be withdrawing, hope it goes to one of you.

Came home to an acceptance letter in my mailbox! I guess spots still remain for those who are worried about only alternate spots remaining (like I was). Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

Congratulations! Seton Hall or Erie if you don’t mind me asking?

Does anyone know how much allocated time lecom gives to study for boards?

Wow, that was fast. Portal changed to a decision has been mailed. Interviewed 1/25, Erie Campus

Have no idea when my portal changed, but now says decision has been mailed. Interviewed 1/11 at Erie.

II today for march 1st, any1 else coming? Are they only doing WL interviews now?

Reactions: 4 users
II today for march 1st, any1 else coming? Are they only doing WL interviews now?

If I remember correctly the last Erie campus acceptance I’ve seen on this form was during or before November?... I’ve seen a few SH acceptances recently.

Reactions: 1 user
If I remember correctly the last Erie campus acceptance I’ve seen on this form was during or before November?... I’ve seen a few SH acceptances recently.
I believe the interview is for all 3 schools, correct? Also, when I called they said the class is not full yet and that they have some to hand out at later interviews but there are just less seats so its more competitive. I'll try to not get discouraged i guess.

I believe the interview is for all 3 schools, correct? Also, when I called they said the class is not full yet and that they have some to hand out at later interviews but there are just less seats so its more competitive. I'll try to not get discouraged i guess.

Pennsylvania is for Pennsylvania schools only. You pick program/location. Florida is for Florida.

Interviewed January 4th, got my acceptance letter in the mail Feb 5 on my way back from another interview lol.

Secondary invite received 8/9/18. Submitted 8/20/18. They're saying my application is still under review. Any hope that I'll still be granted an interview at this point?

Me: Obsessively checking portal every day and desperate for a change since 1-4 interview.

Also me: Portal just changed and now I’m desperately terrified of the rejection letter that may be on the way within 30 days!?!

I think my brain hates me.

Me: Obsessively checking portal every day and desperate for a change since 1-4 interview.

Also me: Portal just changed and now I’m desperately terrified of the rejection letter that may be on the way within 30 days!?!

I think my brain hates me.
Hang in there! Positive thoughts! Still waiting on my end, interviewed in Erie 1/25.

Interviewed at Erie on 1/25, got the alternate letter today

Hi,

Any news on what classes have been filled? Interviewing at the Seton Hill Campus 2/27 and am wondering if this is for alternate spots or if there are still spots open for the incoming class.

Interviewed at the Lake Erie Campus late in 3/2018 and was put on the alternate list, at that point the class had been filled and there was apparently little movement from the waitlist from April on.

Thanks!

I interviewed on 1/25 in Erie. We were told at that time that there were still open seats.

This is ridiculous. completed super early (beginning of August). mcat came in sept 4th. Grades well within range. Have not heard back

This is ridiculous. completed super early (beginning of August). mcat came in sept 4th. Grades well within range. Have not heard back
Submitted mine early too! Sent in my secondary in November tho. Still nothing.

Just got my acceptance letter!!!!!! Interviewed 1/25, LM-65, OOS.. This is my first choice!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Portal updated to “the committee has made a decision. You will receive a letter in the mail typically within 14 days”. Anyone get this...outcome?