2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today complete 12/21! So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
just noticed that some people's portal changed to "a decision has been made". Mine changed to "The admissions committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." interviewed 12/7
I know they're basically the same but is there any signs that show the difference like, one is for acceptance, the other is for rejection or alternate list? anxiously waiting :(

just noticed that some people's portal changed to "a decision has been made". Mine changed to "The admissions committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." interviewed 12/7
I know they're basically the same but is there any signs that show the difference like, one is for acceptance, the other is for rejection or alternate list? anxiously waiting :(

Mine basically says the same thing as yours, but 14 days instead of 30 days. I don't think there is a difference though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine basically says the same thing as yours, but 14 days instead of 30 days. I don't think there is a difference though.

Maybe it’s a campus specific thing? Or the difference could be due to the new changes to their portal.

Still no response or update on my portal. I called the admissions office and they said my file is still under review post-interview and once a decision is made my portal will update.

Hello all, recived II on 11/19, Interview on 1/25. My "folder items" have not updated yet. II email said it can take up to the week of your interview to update. Is this common for everyone?

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Hello all, recived II on 11/19, Interview on 1/25. My "folder items" have not updated yet. II email said it can take up to the week of your interview to update. Is this common for everyone?

It's the same for everyone

Reactions: 1 user
dang it's been over 8 weeks and still haven't gotten a letter from this school I'm wondering if they're even gonna let me know at all no cap lol

Does anyone know how I would go about withdrawing from the alternate list?

Probably just email admissions office.

Is anyone looking to live at or is currently living at either the Millcreek apartments or the Hammock apartments? Trying to narrow down a place to live

Interviewed 12/14. Today my portal updated to a decision has been made. Will hopefully get the letter by the end of this week/early newt week.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 11/15. Portal updated to a decision has been made as well. The letter should arrive within 14 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Portal says letter should arrive in 14 days.
How long did it take all of you?

I know some people had it say letter should arrive in 30 days

Hello.. anyone know the odds of acceptance after interview? I saw 40% but that was from years ago

I got an email about my supplemental application being complete in July, but I just checked the portal and it says my supplemental application is (In Progress). Does anyone else have this issue?

Hello.. anyone know the odds of acceptance after interview? I saw 40% but that was from years ago
When I went to the interview they had some stats up about this. It said they interview ~1600 students and they have about ~350 seats between all of the campuses. So, just off those numbers that's ~22%. Its probably higher than that because they offer acceptances to like 10% or something more than they have seats.

I interviewed at Erie on 11/30 and received a portal change that said “The admissions committee has made a decision...officially in the letter, within 14 days...”
Did anyone from this interview date also receive this portal change few days ago (3-4 days ago)? How long does it take to receive the letter and chances of getting in?

I interviewed at Erie on 11/30 and received a portal change that said “The admissions committee has made a decision...officially in the letter, within 14 days...”
Did anyone from this interview date also receive this portal change few days ago (3-4 days ago)? How long does it take to receive the letter and chances of getting in?

It comes within 30 days. If not you should definitely give a call. If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats to get an interview their?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jack if you don't mind me asking, what state/region do you live in. It might just be geographic distance from LECOM that determines whether you'll get the 14 or 30 day mailing time. Just a theory. My status changed to "Decision made...14 days" as well and I live in Ohio.

OK! LECOM you finally replied!
Interviewed 11/16, just received the letter in the mail yesterday 1/26/19. No communication with the students in between whatsoever. Definitely not a fan of this school anymore.
I do not intent to attend here.

OK! LECOM you finally replied!
Interviewed 11/16, just received the letter in the mail yesterday 1/26/19. No communication with the students in between whatsoever. Definitely not a fan of this school anymore.
I do not intent to attend here.

Did you get waitlisted or accepted?

What is the interview process at seton hill? I was curious if it is both group interview and single interview on interview day. Thank you

What is the interview process at seton hill? I was curious if it is both group interview and single interview on interview day. Thank you

When I interviewed at Seton Hill it was only a group interview (7 students: 2 interviewers) along with a group PBL demonstration. Other than that the interview day is pretty smooth.

From what I have read on Sdn, it is possible to ask for an individual interview if you feel that the group interview didn't give you the chance to represent yourself or something along those lines. Don't quote me though because it was never mentioned during my interview date.

Just the group. The Erie location does both. But at the SH interview they said they weren’t implementing the one-on-one.

Any 12/7 interviewees at Erie heard back yet?

Interviewed 12/20 and just received a snail mail letter stating I’m an alternate. Does anyone know who I should direct a LOI at the Erie campus? I was unsuccessful on finding a definitive contact on their website.

Interviewed 12/20 and just received a snail mail letter stating I’m an alternate. Does anyone know who I should direct a LOI at the Erie campus? I was unsuccessful on finding a definitive contact on their website.
I would just send it to the admissions team. Make sure you add Jamie Murphy to the cc

Alternate Status. Interviewed at Erie on 11/15. 503 MCAT 3.7 GPA, thought the group and individual interview went very well.

Alternate Status. Interviewed at Erie on 11/15. 503 MCAT 3.7 GPA, thought the group and individual interview went very well.
Congratulations on becoming an alternate Batman, better than a rejection. I just interviewed 1/25 with 502 MCAT and 3.7 GPA, also felt the interview went well. Now my turn to wait....

No one from the 11/20 Seton Hill group have heard back, right?

Interviewed on 11/30 and placed on the alternate list. I’ll be withdrawing my application, I hope one of you waiting gets the spot! Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 12/14 and placed as an alternate. Will be removing myself from the list, and I hope my spot goes to the next person in line!

Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like their class is full and they’re starting to interview for the waitlist...

Any interviewees of seton hill 01/04 hear back yet?

I’m starting to think they filled up spots by November and those who interviewed from November on were all put on waitlist for the spots they somewhat expect to open up. I’m curious to know if anyone November on received an acceptance?... Best of luck to everyone of the alternate list!

Reactions: 3 users