2018-2019 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine - Arizona Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Time difference?
Yeah it's only 8:30 in AZ rn. Plus that person on the MN thread has only one post...idontbelieveyou.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And it has begun. Luckily I've already gone insane so I don't have to worry about going crazy.

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!! Just got the call
Congrats! When people get accepted, could you try to include whether you received any post-interview communication or not? Let's see if Mayo continues previous year trends...

Would you guys put Mayo AZ on par with MN? At the interview they made it pretty clear that it is a single national school but I keep hearing different things from different people. I'm wondering if it is worth turning down a more established school (also top 10) for AZ.
It is the same school. You won't have a distinction on your diploma as to where you go, the courses are painfully coordinated to be the exact same material and objectives covered, it is the same school. And for rotations you have access to departments in MN and FL if you want to work with someone specifically. I'd basically just ask yourself whether you are a cold weather person or warm weather person who loves the outdoors and great weather 80% of the year and hanging out at the pool the other 20% (I'm not biased, I promise)

The question between campuses is more of a personal one of where you'd be happy rather than questions about the quality of the school, or lay perception.

It is the same school. You won't have a distinction on your diploma as to where you go, the courses are painfully coordinated to be the exact same material and objectives covered, it is the same school. And for rotations you have access to departments in MN and FL if you want to work with someone specifically. I'd basically just ask yourself whether you are a cold weather person or warm weather person who loves the outdoors and great weather 80% of the year and hanging out at the pool the other 20% (I'm not biased, I promise)

The question between campuses is more of a personal one of where you'd be happy rather than questions about the quality of the school, or lay perception.
Hey for some people AZ is too hot! :)

Reactions: 1 user
To follow up, I did get the "highly interested, any questions?" emails in the past two-ish months

Do all decisions go out today or will there be stragglers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do all decisions go out today or will there be stragglers?
At my interview they said one of our interviewers would be the one to call us. So I’m assuming it just depends on their schedule when we get the call if we’re lucky enough to get it.

Reactions: 3 users
02uxgi1uxqjz.jpg

The next few days are really gonna be bad for my blood pressure.

My phone buzzed during a meeting and I completely lost my cool, ran out, and hands trembling, pressed talk. Turns out, somebody just wanted to sell me a vacation in Florida. asdfghjkl

Reactions: 10 users
Schools that email decisions >>>> schools that call every single accepted applicant. But it's Mayo, so I'll make an exception I guess

Last year how long after the acceptance call did waitlist/reject emails go out?

I'm tempted to just call and ask what the adcoms decision is but that probably wouldn't be a good look. This waiting is rough

Reactions: 2 users
Last year how long after the acceptance call did waitlist/reject emails go out?
IIRC last year acceptances went out Monday through Wednesday and waitlist decisions went out Friday. I think rejections were at the end of February/early March.

IIRC last year acceptances went out Monday through Wednesday and waitlist decisions went out Friday. I think rejections were at the end of February/early March.
It takes that long to call everyone ?!

So by that logic acceptances should come out now until Friday and waitlist early next week if tradition holds. Which it may not.

Are we allowed to say the interviewers names?

So... which interviewers have called so far

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! Did anyone who was accepted NOT receive an "any questions?" email? my neurotic side is kicking in sorry.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! Did anyone who was accepted NOT receive an "any questions?" email? my neurotic side is kicking in sorry.

I did not get any kind of likely email.

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone get calls from NP or RF? :p

Feel free to DM me for their name